Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 670

Thread: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

  1. #511
    Advisor Nursmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    12-09-16 @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    396

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well then if that is true, why did his "pending felony" not come up on the BGC. other stories claim his father gave him the gun

    when did he turn 21?
    A loop hole in the State of SC gun laws....

    The legal loophole that allowed Dylann Roof to get a gun - The Washington Post

    http://www.infowars.com/turns-out-th...kground-check/

  2. #512
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    163,790

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Nursmate View Post
    It can still be interpreted differently...all of them can. This is part of the problem.
    no wrong answer

    you don't know what the hughes amendment is?
    In 1986 the Firearms owner protection act was clearly going to pass and RWR was going to sign it

    anti gun NJ congressman Bill Hughes was upset and he conspired with acting congressional leader Rangel to derail the bill with a poison bill amendment that would ban machine guns made after May 19, 1986 from being sold. Despite not passing a voice vote, Rangel claimed it did and it was attached with the help of George Mitchell the senate majority leader. RWR signed the complete bill based on the view that the overall bill was pro gun and the hughes amendment would be struck as unconstitutional and having been attached contrary to the rules of the house

    in other words, the purpose of this amendment was not to prevent crime because there was no crime with legal machine guns but to harass gun owners and to derail a pro gun bill
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  3. #513
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    163,790

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    well here is the problem-CNN says Roof bought the gun and the report you cite say his father gave him the gun. BTW if his father KNEW or should have known of his pending felony his father has violated federal law.

    Its not a loophole btw so that claim is just biased nonsense
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  4. #514
    Advisor Nursmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    12-09-16 @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    396

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    no wrong answer

    you don't know what the hughes amendment is?
    In 1986 the Firearms owner protection act was clearly going to pass and RWR was going to sign it

    anti gun NJ congressman Bill Hughes was upset and he conspired with acting congressional leader Rangel to derail the bill with a poison bill amendment that would ban machine guns made after May 19, 1986 from being sold. Despite not passing a voice vote, Rangel claimed it did and it was attached with the help of George Mitchell the senate majority leader. RWR signed the complete bill based on the view that the overall bill was pro gun and the hughes amendment would be struck as unconstitutional and having been attached contrary to the rules of the house

    in other words, the purpose of this amendment was not to prevent crime because there was no crime with legal machine guns but to harass gun owners and to derail a pro gun bill
    Be that as it may...they are not in circulation and we are probably better off for it. Americans will live without machines guns added to the mix. You can't have everything you want.

  5. #515
    Advisor Nursmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    12-09-16 @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    396

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well here is the problem-CNN says Roof bought the gun and the report you cite say his father gave him the gun. BTW if his father KNEW or should have known of his pending felony his father has violated federal law.

    Its not a loophole btw so that claim is just biased nonsense
    There have been many misreports about how the gun was obtained..the first one stated that his Dad bought it, then it came out he did a day later. Read the second article...it is the most recent. How did the kid buy the gun with a pending felony?

  6. #516
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    163,790

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    You worked for the DOJ you know why it didn't trigger a denial, the court that indicted him didn't submit
    we don't even know what the real facts are

    if his father gave him a gun knowing he was under indictment his father is guilty of giving a weapon to a prohibited person and Roof was guilty of being a prohibited person in possession-another federal felony

    if he bought it from a gun store and said he was not under indictment he is guilt of federal perjury even if he passed the background check because the court of someone screwed up

    there are plenty of federal felony charges to punish him without "needing" new laws
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  7. #517
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    163,790

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Nursmate View Post
    There have been many misreports about how the gun was obtained..the first one stated that his Dad bought it, then it came out he did a day later. Read the second article...it is the most recent. How did the kid buy the gun with a pending felony?
    well it looks like bureaucracy 101 dropped the ball. One thing I can pretty much guarantee is that the dealer would not have made the sale if he had not received a PROCEED from NICS

    you see, when a dealer is audited the ATF can check each 4473 and make sure it has a proceed number which is also kept by the data base doing the background check. if you have a 4473 and no proceed you, as a dealer are in deep doo-doo. and if a wholesaler has a record of you being shipped a gun and you have no evidence of it still being in your store you better have a disposition record-either a retail sale with a 4473 or a copy of the FFL of the other dealer you might have traded or sold it to
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  8. #518
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,612

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    your argument against guns in churches is an argument against guns in any public place
    Not really. A church is a special place to do a very intimate and personal activity - worship our religion, get close to whatever God we worship. Agree or not, having an armed congregation WILL interfere with that for many people. It would me, and I know it would for my wife, and others on this thread have said the same thing. It's completely different than a mall, or a movie theater or a restaurant. If those businesses want it, fine. But also if churches want guns, they can allow them. I'd vote against it an it's not a hard decision.

    so you are against people CCW i take it
    And if I didn't want anyone CCW, I'd say that. What I said is I'm 51 and haven't one time in my life regretted my decision to leave my firearms at home while going about my daily life. I'm lucky and live in a very safe area. Not everyone is that lucky. What they do is their business.

    What you can't do is make the rational case for carrying a weapon inside a church to prevent an attack with odds with 6 or 7 zeros following the decimal point.

  9. #519
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    163,790

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Not really. A church is a special place to do a very intimate and personal activity - worship our religion, get close to whatever God we worship. Agree or not, having an armed congregation WILL interfere with that for many people. It would me, and I know it would for my wife, and others on this thread have said the same thing. It's completely different than a mall, or a movie theater or a restaurant. If those businesses want it, fine. But also if churches want guns, they can allow them. I'd vote against it an it's not a hard decision.



    And if I didn't want anyone CCW, I'd say that. What I said is I'm 51 and haven't one time in my life regretted my decision to leave my firearms at home while going about my daily life. I'm lucky and live in a very safe area. Not everyone is that lucky. What they do is their business.

    What you can't do is make the rational case for carrying a weapon inside a church to prevent an attack with odds with 6 or 7 zeros following the decimal point.
    spare me the BS. you cannot speak for most churchgoers so cut the crap. If someone packing is going to cause you psychiatric issues so be it. but don't speak for others.

    and GOD help you if one day you leave your alleged gun at home and some guy comes walking in your church and decides to pull a Loughner on the congregation
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  10. #520
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,018

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    What's wrong with open carry? What's "wide open carry" is there a "narrow" open carry

    The three safest states in the country all permit open carry with no license
    What states would those be?

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •