Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 670

Thread: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

  1. #181
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    170,047

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    we don't know if anyone would have carried but for the pastor do we?
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  2. #182
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    170,047

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Because a church is a holy place. Common sense would tell you not to bring a weapon in to God's house.

    I'm not anti-gun in any way, but come on... really?
    gee that is just plain ignorant. what about it being a holy place makes it immune to attacks. this is the second mass shooting in a church in recent memory. don't you get it that people who want to kill others are going to pick areas that cause the most shock and allow the shooter the best chance of killing lots of people? Common sense tells me that if it was "God's house" he would strike down a killer before the killer could kill. but that didn't happen either did it? I am not going to debate the wisdom of religion but pretending assholes who want to kill pay any attention to "God" or other such things is just plain STUPID
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  3. #183
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,915

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is a silly response. mass shootings are extremely rare-be it churches, schools or movie theaters. Yet they happen enough for Democrats to want to ban semi auto rifles (used in less than 2% of all shootings) "high capacity" (the sign of dishonesty is using that term) magazines etc. If mass shootings are prevalent enough to call for stripping away the constitutional rights of millions then its far more reasonable for people to be armed as insurance against such shootings.
    So you're using allegedly bad logic to defend your own bad logic? Aren't you a lawyer? Does that fly in court? LMFAO.

    I don't attend church save for funerals or weddings these days. I don't carry all the time-I always have a firearm in my car unless its illegal and the only reason why I have a gun on me now-at home is because the house across the street was the subject of an armed robbery (a very rare occurrence) and the robber has yet to be caught and I often am 100s of yards from my house due to the size of my property.

    but you would never ever know I had a gun. and if I was sitting in a pew next to you, you'd never know. So your claiming it would detract from your worship is just plain BOGUS.
    First of all, I've seen guns on those who carry concealed weapons several times, so I KNOW you can't make that claim. You've got a large piece of metal or plastic shoved SOMEWHERE.... Second, if the church allows concealed carry, the congregation will assume some number of attentees will have a gun. It doesn't bother you, but it just does bother others, and for statistically ZERO increase in safety.

    and that you appear to be afraid of people carrying guns is not my concern. If you are afraid to carry-DO NOT but stop judging those who do
    I'm not "afraid" of people carrying guns, but I do not trust those who I don't know who are carrying guns. I've seen accidental discharges several times in my life, and I don't give a damn how safe you say you are. Unless I know you, know you are trained, know you are responsible, I'd insist in my house you take your gun off your hip and leave it in the car. There are 100 things that can go wrong, and I'm 51 and haven't one time needed a gun in my house. I'll take the risk of you not defending me against home invaders while you're here.

    And if it was my church, I'd vote the same way. It's not worth ONE SECOND of worry so that you feel safe singing hymns and praying in CHURCH.

    And how others feel about guns in church should be at the very top of your list of concerns. And the only judging I'd do if you decide to carry in church is conclude you're selfish, and admittedly so, because you don't care how your act affects others.

  4. #184
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    29,663

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Even though I am a gun owner and a very strong 2nd amendment advocate I do not carry at services readily. While there is a biblical passage in which Jesus himself instructs the disciples to carry a sword for self defense, his overall message was love and IMO one shouldn't feel the need to carry a weapon in church, defiling a holy place in and of itself is disgusting, but taking it to a further level of murdering the innocent and even in the name of prejudicial hatred is a level of evil on an almost indescribable scale.
    I agree with you, to me it would be defiling a holy place. I also admire that you don't carry while attending services while supporting the 2nd amendment, LMR.

    I cannot find words to describe my revulsion at his act especially under those circumstances. Revulsion isn't even a visceral enough word.
    Ricky John Best and Taliesin Myrddin Namkai-Meche
    Micah David-Cole Fletcher
    I have no personal connection to these men. Ricky and Taliesin died and Micah was severely injured because they chose not to sit by silently, instead, they chose to confront hate. My condolences to their families for their tremendous loss and my best wishes to Micah for a full recovery and long, fruitful life.

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    Charles Cotton is a despicable human being and apologist for murder with no consideration/thoughts at all for what the victims families and friends are going through right now.

    Pond scum has more worth than him.
    Emotion and hyperbole.

  6. #186
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    29,663

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    we don't know if anyone would have carried but for the pastor do we?
    Mr. Cotton has made the assumption that someone would have.

    EDITED for clarity.
    Ricky John Best and Taliesin Myrddin Namkai-Meche
    Micah David-Cole Fletcher
    I have no personal connection to these men. Ricky and Taliesin died and Micah was severely injured because they chose not to sit by silently, instead, they chose to confront hate. My condolences to their families for their tremendous loss and my best wishes to Micah for a full recovery and long, fruitful life.

  7. #187
    Professor WSUwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    03-21-16 @ 03:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,864

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Are there any stats for that?
    Its happened recently. Remember the Islamic idiots that tried to shoot up the muhammad drawing contest? How many did they kill? ZERO.

    Another one...in Oklahoma....another muslim POS was beheading people at a business and one of the managers shot the guy before he could kill anyone else.

    Oregon mall shooting....good guy didnt even have to fire a shot...merely his presence caused the shooter to kill himself instead of more innocent people.
    "Opportunity does not come knocking. It is usually running down the street, you have to chase and tackle it." - Sheriff David Clarke, Milwaukee County.

  8. #188
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    170,047

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    So you're using allegedly bad logic to defend your own bad logic? Aren't you a lawyer? Does that fly in court? LMFAO.



    First of all, I've seen guns on those who carry concealed weapons several times, so I KNOW you can't make that claim. You've got a large piece of metal or plastic shoved SOMEWHERE.... Second, if the church allows concealed carry, the congregation will assume some number of attentees will have a gun. It doesn't bother you, but it just does bother others, and for statistically ZERO increase in safety.



    I'm not "afraid" of people carrying guns, but I do not trust those who I don't know who are carrying guns. I've seen accidental discharges several times in my life, and I don't give a damn how safe you say you are. Unless I know you, know you are trained, know you are responsible, I'd insist in my house you take your gun off your hip and leave it in the car. There are 100 things that can go wrong, and I'm 51 and haven't one time needed a gun in my house. I'll take the risk of you not defending me against home invaders while you're here.

    And if it was my church, I'd vote the same way. It's not worth ONE SECOND of worry so that you feel safe singing hymns and praying in CHURCH.

    And how others feel about guns in church should be at the very top of your list of concerns. And the only judging I'd do if you decide to carry in church is conclude you're selfish, and admittedly so, because you don't care how your act affects others.
    I couldn't care less. I find religion to be rather silly myself. and your fear of guns in the hands of good people versus the chances of being in a gun free zone when its attacked by some turd who doesn't care if there is a no gun policy is really pretty stupid IMHO.

    oh btw I am very well trained. I was trained well enough to carry handguns on planes or in federal courthouses. I also had perfect qualification scores on the USMS qualification course. on top of that I have held "Grandmaster" or Life Master qualifications in other high stress high speed shooting sports

    I have not ever needed a fire extinguisher in my house and I am 56. but I have them all over the place. I have flood insurance as well even though we live on a slight hill. You saying you don't need a gun is absolutely worthless as an argument

    the guy in CT whose two daughters were burned alive after he was viciously assaulted and his wife raped and then killed probably believed that too-up to a certain horrible time in his life
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    At least I am consistent in my views of people who use an event like this to push for their anti or pro gun platform. Are you consistent? I say the same about those morons on the other side of the gun debate who attempt to politicize an event such as this even before the families have a chance to bury their dead. It's disgusting and this idiot is scum.
    Since you are consistent, link to your posts of outrage when Obama used this incident to further his anti-gun platform.

    As you say in this post, you are consistent about such morons.

    I am merely asking you to demonstrate this claim so that others may see precisely how consistent you are.

    Heres Obama...just link to your outrage.


  10. #190
    Global Moderator
    There’s been an awakening
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,249

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Emotion and hyperbole.
    No it's common decency that should be applied to all victims and their families, no matter what side of the gun debate you sit on. Now you can call it whatever you like to defend an apologist for murder, I couldn't care less.
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •