Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Sources: Clinton confidant who sent Libya memos paid $200G by Brock network

  1. #1
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    05-18-17 @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    73,514

    Sources: Clinton confidant who sent Libya memos paid $200G by Brock network

    Sources: Clinton confidant who sent Libya memos paid $200G by Brock network | Fox News

    The Clinton confidant under scrutiny on Capitol Hill over detailed Libya memos he sent to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told lawmakers earlier this week he has been pulling in $200,000 a year from Clinton ally David Brock's media operation, congressional sources tell FoxNews.com.

    The figure is far higher than initially reported.

    While the payments to Sidney Blumenthal may not reflect any apparent conflict of interest, his work with Brock's liberal advocacy and media groups was a focus of his high-profile deposition on Tuesday before the House Benghazi committee. Republicans' rationale for the questioning was that his financial and political interests are important context, at a time when he was sending high-level guidance to Clinton.
    Unvetted intelligence, that describes Clinton too.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,275

    Re: Sources: Clinton confidant who sent Libya memos paid $200G by Brock network

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Lol !

    Unvetted intelligence describes the last 7 years

  3. #3
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    15,483

    Re: Sources: Clinton confidant who sent Libya memos paid $200G by Brock network

    From the linked article:

    +++

    "While the payments to Sidney Blumenthal may not reflect any apparent conflict of interest, his work with Brock's liberal advocacy and media groups was a focus of his high-profile deposition on Tuesday before the House Benghazi committee. "

    *bolding mine

    +++

    And that says it all, for anyone that doubts this is a political witch-hunt.

    This is how Fox operates - they state a harmless fact such as the above, where they clearly state there is no conflict of interest, which ordinarily would be the end of the story. But they append the truthful statement with some sleight-of-hand allusion to some conspiratorial narrative they wish to spin for their & their party's political expediency. Then, they go on with the suppositional narrative (as if fact) in great detail for many lines & paragraphs if in print, or words & minutes on-air, until the viewer has lost sight of the original mostly accurate & true statement, and is only left with the overriding impression of the false narrative.

    They then beat on the false narrative all day (same as their party's congressional inquisatory panels), including bringing on 'guests' and 'experts' from their party who further hammer-down their spun narrative.

    And that, ladies & gentleman, is how 1/3 of the GOP faithful (including Mr. Trump) have come to believe President Obama is a Muslim from Kenya, along with the rest of the myriad of lies they espouse - and God only knows what else they & their party will cook-up for the rest of the election season!
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  4. #4
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    05-18-17 @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    73,514

    Re: Sources: Clinton confidant who sent Libya memos paid $200G by Brock network

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    From the linked article:

    +++

    "While the payments to Sidney Blumenthal may not reflect any apparent conflict of interest, his work with Brock's liberal advocacy and media groups was a focus of his high-profile deposition on Tuesday before the House Benghazi committee. "

    *bolding mine

    +++

    And that says it all, for anyone that doubts this is a political witch-hunt.

    This is how Fox operates - they state a harmless fact such as the above, where they clearly state there is no conflict of interest, which ordinarily would be the end of the story. But they append the truthful statement with some sleight-of-hand allusion to some conspiratorial narrative they wish to spin for their & their party's political expediency. Then, they go on with the suppositional narrative (as if fact) in great detail for many lines & paragraphs if in print, or words & minutes on-air, until the viewer has lost sight of the original mostly accurate & true statement, and is only left with the overriding impression of the false narrative.

    They then beat on the false narrative all day (same as their party's congressional inquisatory panels), including bringing on 'guests' and 'experts' from their party who further hammer-down their spun narrative.

    And that, ladies & gentleman, is how 1/3 of the GOP faithful (including Mr. Trump) have come to believe President Obama is a Muslim from Kenya, along with the rest of the myriad of lies they espouse - and God only knows what else they & their party will cook-up for the rest of the election season!
    Desperate to derail a thread by bringing in unrelated pap.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #5
    Tavern Bartender
    Kinky tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-02-17 @ 05:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,185

    Re: Sources: Clinton confidant who sent Libya memos paid $200G by Brock network

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Hmmm......the plot thickens.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #6
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    15,483

    Re: Sources: Clinton confidant who sent Libya memos paid $200G by Brock network

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Desperate to derail a thread by bringing in unrelated pap.
    Good morning!

    Actually, I was going after the source.

    But fair enough.

    I'll respect the topic, irrespective of the source.

    And, I'll go further to say that while the source exonerates Sec'y Clinton & Mr. Blumenthal by stating there was no conflict of interest, we're all free to draw our own conclusions, no matter how right or wrong they may be!
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  7. #7
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    05-21-17 @ 08:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    55,635

    Re: Sources: Clinton confidant who sent Libya memos paid $200G by Brock network

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    Good morning!

    Actually, I was going after the source.

    But fair enough.

    I'll respect the topic, irrespective of the source.

    And, I'll go further to say that while the source exonerates Sec'y Clinton & Mr. Blumenthal by stating there was no conflict of interest, we're all free to draw our own conclusions, no matter how right or wrong they may be!
    ....er, no. It states there is no apparent conflict of interest with him taking money as a political consultant while also officially working as a messaging consultant to a charity while unofficially working as a policy consultant to SECSTATE. I would tend to disagree with that, but regardless, this doesn't mean that Blumenthal had no conflict of interest when advising SECSTATE about Libya while also representing Libyan business interests, which is where his conflict of interest comes from.
    “In America we have a two-party system,” a Republican congressional staffer told a visiting group of Russian legislators. “There is the stupid party. And there is the evil party. I am proud to be a member of the stupid party. Periodically, the two parties get together and do something that is both stupid and evil. This is called: bipartisanship."

  8. #8
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    15,483

    Re: Sources: Clinton confidant who sent Libya memos paid $200G by Brock network

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    ....er, no. It states there is no apparent conflict of interest with him taking money as a political consultant while also officially working as a messaging consultant to a charity while unofficially working as a policy consultant to SECSTATE. I would tend to disagree with that, but regardless, this doesn't mean that Blumenthal had no conflict of interest when advising SECSTATE about Libya while also representing Libyan business interests, which is where his conflict of interest comes from.
    I see where you're going with this, and fair-enough in that regard.

    But individuals with business (foreign or otherwise) interests are drawn upon for their input all the time.

    I don't see what makes this instance different than others, except for the playing politics by her political enemies.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Sources: Clinton confidant who sent Libya memos paid $200G by Brock network

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    From the linked article:

    +++

    "While the payments to Sidney Blumenthal may not reflect any apparent conflict of interest, his work with Brock's liberal advocacy and media groups was a focus of his high-profile deposition on Tuesday before the House Benghazi committee. "

    *bolding mine

    +++

    And that says it all, for anyone that doubts this is a political witch-hunt.

    This is how Fox operates - they state a harmless fact such as the above, where they clearly state there is no conflict of interest, which ordinarily would be the end of the story. But they append the truthful statement with some sleight-of-hand allusion to some conspiratorial narrative they wish to spin for their & their party's political expediency. Then, they go on with the suppositional narrative (as if fact) in great detail for many lines & paragraphs if in print, or words & minutes on-air, until the viewer has lost sight of the original mostly accurate & true statement, and is only left with the overriding impression of the false narrative.

    They then beat on the false narrative all day (same as their party's congressional inquisatory panels), including bringing on 'guests' and 'experts' from their party who further hammer-down their spun narrative.

    And that, ladies & gentleman, is how 1/3 of the GOP faithful (including Mr. Trump) have come to believe President Obama is a Muslim from Kenya, along with the rest of the myriad of lies they espouse - and God only knows what else they & their party will cook-up for the rest of the election season!


    Mornin Chomsky. Also from the linked article.




    One of those emails to Clinton linked several Media Matters posts on Benghazi, essentially defending the State Department.

    FoxNews.com is told one of them read: "Got all this done, complete refutation on Libya smear." The email said, "Philippe can circulate these links." Philippe Reines was a senior adviser to Clinton......snip~


  10. #10
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    05-18-17 @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    73,514

    Re: Sources: Clinton confidant who sent Libya memos paid $200G by Brock network

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    Good morning!

    Actually, I was going after the source.

    But fair enough.

    I'll respect the topic, irrespective of the source.

    And, I'll go further to say that while the source exonerates Sec'y Clinton & Mr. Blumenthal by stating there was no conflict of interest, we're all free to draw our own conclusions, no matter how right or wrong they may be!
    My concern is the shoddy intelligence she was probably using, when she has access to much better.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •