Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 194

Thread: A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020

  1. #41
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by TextDriversKill View Post
    This is silly. No woman has ever really accomplished anything noteworthy in the history of the country. Rosa Parks?? HAHAHA. There are thousands of men more deserving.
    You were created by a woman so I can somewhat see your side of the argument. I'm not going to waste my time and list all the noteworthy women (thanks redress) but I'd like to see your list of these thousands of men which you claim there are so back it up.
    Is what you're living for today, worth dying for tomorrow?
    _____________________________________________

  2. #42
    Winged Eel Fingerling
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    14,915

    Re: A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    You are aware that Armstrong was an Austronaut and Einstein was German.
    Armstrong had a degree in aeronautical engineering, a Korean war vet, test pilot, and that whole first human ever to walk in the moon, etc.

    Einstein became a US Citizen in 1940.
    Ich habe schon Pferde vor der Apotheke kotzen sehen.

  3. #43
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    20,346

    Re: A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    She was also a socialist/communist ****.
    I'm just going to let that comment stand as an example of profound misinformation.
    You can dance without a lawyer

  4. #44
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    12,356

    Re: A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by TextDriversKill View Post
    This is silly. No woman has ever really accomplished anything noteworthy in the history of the country. Rosa Parks?? HAHAHA. There are thousands of men more deserving.
    Um.....what?

  5. #45
    Guru
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,896

    Re: A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020

    I'm not a huge fan of taking someone off to put someone else on a bill or coin, but certainly a new denomination. How about a $25 bill?

  6. #46
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,170

    Re: A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by TextDriversKill View Post
    This is silly. No woman has ever really accomplished anything noteworthy in the history of the country. Rosa Parks?? HAHAHA. There are thousands of men more deserving.
    No! We should replace Jackson or Grant, ideally Jackson, but not Hamilton! I'm fine with putting a women on our currency but don't remove one of our greatest founding fathers to do it!

  7. #47
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020

    Wow - the sexism in this thread kills (from the force of my eyes rolling to the back of my head). Obviously we're long overdue for a female on our paper currency simply because so many men think they OWN IT or something.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  8. #48
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    12,356

    Re: A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020

    How do you choose? There's so many.

    Harriet Beecher Stowe

    Sally Ride

    Amelia Earhart

    Harriet Tubman

    Sacagawea (already been on a coin)

    And on and on.....

  9. #49
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 12:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Wow - the sexism in this thread kills (from the force of my eyes rolling to the back of my head). Obviously we're long overdue for a female on our paper currency simply because so many men think they OWN IT or something.
    Women should be on it because they are better at spending the money that their men make. amirite? nudge nudge.

  10. #50
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    12,356

    Re: A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Women should be on it because they are better at spending the money that their men make. amirite? nudge nudge.
    My wife is pretty frugal. I'm the spendthrift of the family. I am blessed.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •