Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 194

Thread: A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020

  1. #161
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    45,973

    Re: A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by WSUwarrior View Post
    You are too nice.


    The fact of that matter is that a woman only "deserves" to be on a bill when compared to other women. When it comes to comparing them to men, no woman even comes CLOSE to deserving to be on currency. But that is just me having a high standard for America. People who want to put a woman on currency just to put a woman on currency do not feel as proud of this country as I do, clearly.
    Right. Because you think every woman in history is inferior to all the men on those bills.

  2. #162
    Professor WSUwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    03-21-16 @ 02:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,864

    Re: A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Right. Because you think every woman in history is inferior to all the men on those bills.
    Correct. And Im right.
    "Opportunity does not come knocking. It is usually running down the street, you have to chase and tackle it." - Sheriff David Clarke, Milwaukee County.

  3. #163
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    45,973

    Re: A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by WSUwarrior View Post
    Correct. And Im right.
    We all know you really believe that. Or so you say.

  4. #164
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    35,222
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Looks like the OP still believes in cooties.


    Thank you, Quazi!

  5. #165
    Professor WSUwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    03-21-16 @ 02:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,864

    Re: A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    We all know you really believe that. Or so you say.
    Name one woman in American history that did more for this country than the men currently on our currency.


    Ill go watch some paint dry.
    "Opportunity does not come knocking. It is usually running down the street, you have to chase and tackle it." - Sheriff David Clarke, Milwaukee County.

  6. #166
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,372

    Re: A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Do you think any woman in American history deserves it?
    No, since a lot of them will be used to buy smokes, booze and drugs and why is this such a great leap for women, 90% of the country can not tell you who is on any of our bills? Add to that ask a person on the street who the people are and what they are famous for.....Lincoln made cars for Ford Motors, Hamilton made blenders, Jackson played for the NY Yankees, Washington is where the Redskins play and Grant was Mary Tyler Moore's' boss.

  7. #167
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    45,973

    Re: A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by WSUwarrior View Post
    Name one woman in American history that did more for this country than the men currently on our currency.


    Ill go watch some paint dry.
    You've been given plenty of examples. And as I already pointed out, Hamilton didn't do ****.

  8. #168
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You've been given plenty of examples. And as I already pointed out, Hamilton didn't do ****.
    And, he distrusted democracy, favored a strong central government, argued for a lifetime appointment of a monarchical executive not unlike Britain. No, had his views won out America would have looked very different early on, and never would have had the experience that we did have. George Washington said, "it will be Mr. President and that's it", and only accepted a second term after so much pressure from friends and colleagues.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #169
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    87,767
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    No, since a lot of them will be used to buy smokes, booze and drugs and why is this such a great leap for women, 90% of the country can not tell you who is on any of our bills? Add to that ask a person on the street who the people are and what they are famous for.....Lincoln made cars for Ford Motors, Hamilton made blenders, Jackson played for the NY Yankees, Washington is where the Redskins play and Grant was Mary Tyler Moore's' boss.
    Your post is about the perfect example of a straw man. No one has said anything about what money is used for, and that usage is unlikely to change, and no one is claiming this is a "great leap for women", and no one is making any claims about how many people know who is on each bill and what they did, nor is it relevant to whether any woman has done anything to deserve to be on a bill.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #170
    Sage
    faithful_servant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Central Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,782

    Re: A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Right. Because you think every woman in history is inferior to all the men on those bills.
    For example:
    The 100 Most Influential Figures in American History - The Atlantic
    1st woman: Elizabeth Cody Stanton #30
    Our nation has not always lived up to its ideals, yet those ideals have never ceased to guide us. They expose our flaws, and lead us to mend them. We are the beneficiaries of the work of the generations before us and it is each generation's responsibility to continue that work. - Laura Bush

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •