Page 99 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 990 of 1152

Thread: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224:1119]

  1. #981
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 10:40 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    8,339

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    And how many of those shootings actually involved concealed carry holders? Because your article doesn't say.
    What does the number of legal concealed carry people have to do with what I answered? I seem to remember a few words here and there about how more "legal" gun carriers would cause crime rates to drop. Are you saying that's not true.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  2. #982
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,029

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Here is a source for the first one:

    - Murder of two police officers by political activists last seen attending "Occupier" rallies and pissed because they could not afford health care.
    BUSTED: Media Fails to Mention Vegas Shooters Involvement in "Occupy Movement" -
    That's strange...first the blogger blames the media for not reporting that the Millers had attended an Occupy march in Louisiana and then posts a CBS Chicago article that does just that.

    Finally, here's what the blogger says about the Millers.....

    "After reviewing some videos by Jerad Miller, it is clear he could do something irrational. If so, the main-stream narrative that the Millers are fruitcakes associated with Tea Party and conspiracy theorists could actually be true."
    MKUltra

    Hmm, I wonder why he didn't link to the videos? Ntl, he now seems to think the Millers were just plain ol crazy tea partiers.

  3. #983
    Quantum sufficit


    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,829

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    No thanks, I got it right - you're basically trolling this thread with a bunch of unrelated games and smart ass comments that have nothing to do with the subject of the OP.
    Nope. Read again.

    Mass killings happen with great frequency in the U.S. As you can see, I mention it (without even overtly mentioning guns) and the usual suspects go ape**** because I've indirectly threatened their hobby.

    What's a few dead people worth when you can stick freedom down your pants because you're afraid of strangers?
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  4. #984
    Quantum sufficit


    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,829

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    However other countries lock up the drug addicts who commit violent crimes early in their careers and do not give them multiple second third and fourth chances before they do hard time. By the time violent offenders do any hard time in the US, they are hardened professional criminals.
    Not really.

    Let's see....is there some other unique characteristic that makes the U.S. have multiple mass shootings a year?

    Hmm.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  5. #985
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,065

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    However other countries lock up the drug addicts who commit violent crimes early in their careers and do not give them multiple second third and fourth chances before they do hard time. By the time violent offenders do any hard time in the US, they are hardened professional criminals.
    Lol, this is pretty silly. The US has higher recidivism rates than nations with far more lenient penal systems. It is quite hard to do hard time in the Canadian justice system. Yet their recidivism rate is far bellow ours.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #986
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,596

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Please. We ALL make racist comments and jokes in private. It's ludicrous to pretend otherwise.

    We do ??

    Can you give me a example of a " racist comment " that me or one of my Conservative friends would make in private ?
    " If no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else ? "
    Ronald Reagan

  7. #987
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    12-04-16 @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,371

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Had the vic been straight, it would not.

    There are a lot of other reasons people kill people other than race and they are based on hatred. There's religion, different culture, wealthy lifestyle vs. their meager one.

    You lose! :-)

  8. #988
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    07-18-15 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    731

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    I'm white, have Conservative friends and I'm not sure what you mean by " Casual racism ".

    Because I have yet to hear any of my Conservative friends mention anything that would qualify as being racist on a casual level.

    Maybe you can help me out. Let me know what comments qualify as being causally racist.
    We're right in the middle of talking about a situation where an open white supremacist walked into a black church screaming "I am here to kill black people" and murdered 9 people, and most the conservative pundits, posters and candidates went to great lengths either denying that it was racist or saying that there is no way to tell if that is racist. The reality is, conservatives in the US either can't or won't see racism no matter how blatant it is.

    So, your conservative friends might be saying extremely racist stuff all the time and you would still think you had never heard them say anything racist. Heck, given the display of conservative denial in the wake of this tragedy, it would seem plausible that even if your conservative friends were going around killing black people while screaming "I am killing you because I hate black people", as a conservative, you might still be convinced that you haven't seen any racism from your friends. You yourself might be saying extremely racist stuff all the time and for whatever reason, be blocking it out as nearly all conservatives seem to do all the time. Heck, the KKK itself passionately contends that it isn't racist. They have some whole rationale worked out about how they define racism and what is truly in their hearts and all that and they seem to sincerely believe that they have been falsely accused of being racists....

  9. #989
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    09-08-15 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    There are a lot of other reasons people kill people other than race and they are based on hatred. There's religion, different culture, wealthy lifestyle vs. their meager one.

    You lose! :-)
    Clearly you do not understand Federal Hate crimes statutes.

  10. #990
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    07-18-15 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    731

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Because white on white is not a hate crime.
    Actually, that is false. It isn't the race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc., of the attacker and victim that determine if it is a hate crime. What makes it a hate crime is if you pick the victim based on their race, gender, religion, etc. If a white person sets out to beat up a random white person because he hates white people, that is a hate crime. On the other hand, if a white person sets out to beat up a random person, and the first person he comes across is black, and he beats him up, that is not a hate crime.

    There actually are quite a few cases of people being convicted of hate crimes against people on the basis of a demographic characteristic they share. Gay people who have complexes about their own sexuality that take that out on other gay people by beating them up for being gay, for example, are convicted of hate crimes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •