Page 75 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 1152

Thread: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224:1119]

  1. #741
    Global Moderator
    Engagement!
    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,641

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    I'm citing evidence based on the large sample of Whites in the state, as opposed to personal experience, which isn't valid (since it's based on a small, isolated, and typically biased sample).
    Actually, you're citing evidence of one thing and trying to claim that evidence says an entirely different thing.

    For example, you're trying to back up your claim that the majority of whites in SC are racist by pointing to the SPLC's numbers on the amount of "hate groups" in SC and dishonestly attempting to conflate those two things as being the same and that somehow the later somehow "proves" your earlier point.

    It doesn't.

    Its a dishonest and ridiculous tactic on your part in an effort to hide your bigotry in this situation. A similar tactic used by racists that I've seen come to this site routinely throwing out contextless statistics about incarceration stats and other such things as a means of "proving" their hateful views and statements about black people despite the fact their "evidence" and their "argument" are not actually directly related.

  2. #742
    Guru
    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,723
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Oh contraire mon Pere. I seem to remember a white killed by a white for being a homosexual was deemed a hate crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    But the homosexual part trumped the white part.
    I tried to type a comment on this silly post three times but the dumb hurt me so bad I just couldn't do it.

  3. #743
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,029

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Recently, perhaps, but historically speaking...."usually" is very inaccurate.

    There's always an exception.

  4. #744
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    24,788

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    OMG, a quote! I am so sorry! LOL!

    Now that shooter is saying that he did it to try and kickstart the race war. But that's just another quote which doesn't mean much to the intentionally obtuse.
    Last edited by poweRob; 06-19-15 at 02:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  5. #745
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,029

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    The study that CNN cites appears to be biased (not surprisingly). For example, the following attacks of terrorism are not classified as leftist:

    - Murder of two police officers by political activists last seen attending "Occupier" rallies and pissed because they could not afford health care.
    - Murder of four police officers by an individual known to make "revolutionary" comments and outbursts
    - Ambush murder of one police officer by an individual actively affiliated with leftist groups
    Do you have citation or source for that?

  6. #746
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,183

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    It's not bigotry to say that right wing conservatism has a racism problem. Again to reiterate, being a right wing conservative doesn't make you a racist. However, its' hard to deny that the vast majority of white racists are right wing conservatives. Furthermore, it's hard to deny that right wing conservatism caters to racists.

    There IS a racism problem inside right wing conservative circles just like there's a terrorism problem within fundamentalist Islam.

    Doubling down on bigotry, I see.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

  7. #747
    Guru
    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,723
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    SC is one of the most disgusting places in the world, so any post about it would naturally be expected to be equally disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    You mean have I ever wanted to travel back in time?

    Georgia Teens Fed Up With Segregated Proms - ABC News
    It's a sad situation you are in.

    You are doing exactly the sort of thinking that people like Dylann Roof take to extremes. He hated a certain group of people and he felt justified about it. He could make arguments that made sense to him, and some others. And he felt JUSTIFIED in hating the people he hated.

    I would assume you are not crazy enough to go as far down the path as he did, but in my opinion you are on that same path. You hate southerners. You probably especially hate white southerners. And as far as you are concerned you are fully JUSTIFIED. These "disgusting" people deserve your hatred because they are evil.

    For what it's worth. I am a white middle aged male southerner. I was born in North Carolina, and I live in Texas.

    I am sorry to say you are right about SOME of us.

    I am glad to say you are WRONG about MOST of us.

    But even the ones you are right about don't merit you selling your own soul for the right to hate them the way you do.

    But to each their own. Hate if you wish. You are free.

  8. #748
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,183

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    He wanted to cause a race war and to promote segregation. That's political.

    His cause was at least as political as the Boston Marathon bombings. Why would you view this as a different type of act?
    You clearly don't understand the meaning of terrorism, racism, and/or political ideology since you're trying to conflate the three as one.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

  9. #749
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,029

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I don’t think that destruction of property and the execution of human beings are comparable.

    And beyond it’s being ugly in its timing and opportunism and insensitivity, the partisan comments you and others have been making serve to diminish this tragedy by making it about “sides.” Why do you want to be so divisive and petty at a time such as this? This is a time, in my opinion, when the nation needs to come together.
    I dunno, why don't you ask Turtledude since I was responding to his post about left wing terrorism? You seem to have a blind spot where right wingers are concerned.

  10. #750
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    09-04-16 @ 07:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,206

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by cAPSLOCK View Post
    First of all, I see nothing wrong with "there will be a rush to convict this white kid for hate". If that helps get him &#^!canned I think it's fine.

    Secondly to your mention of a double standard... yes there are double standards. And again if this goes harder for this murderer that will be fine in my opinion. For every double standard that is unfair to white middle aged men (like me, for example) there are 10 double standards which are unfair to black people. It is an interesting thing to argue about, but it just doesn't apply to this situation.

    Why would we complain that this murderer gets treated worse than some black counterpart might? It is the RIGHT thing for the book to come down hard in either case right? So justice will be served well here if your theory is right.

    It makes exactly ZERO difference to this case... which is about what happens to HIM not to theoretical black perps.
    You missed the point I was making with the other poster, who understood and agreed with me. I said that it makes no difference whether you commit pre-meditated murder as a hate crime or just first-degree murder. The penalties for either crime are the same, either execution or life imprisonment, so why have a hate crime law? It's totally absurd. Murder has always been wrong no matter what you call it.

Page 75 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •