Page 62 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 1152

Thread: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224:1119]

  1. #611
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,374

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Yes, I pointed out that you used wikipedia and then ignored the parts which didn't fit your statement. You denied it, I pulled the exact sentence fragment which you copied up and showed you the parts of the page which simply contradicted your statements. You're still denying that you did it and making up some weird claim that I have a problem with people using Wikipedia. I don't. I simply pointed out your selective use of it. We'll get into that in a bit.
    Oh bull crap Hatuey, who do you think you are fooling? You simply accused my of using Wikipedia as my source and then when you decided to start using wikipedia as your source you accused me of using WebMD. You are hypocritical and dishonest to your core. Trying to back away from your original statements now is laughable.

    Still going on nothing more than because you say so? Good.
    Going by the evidence.

    I see reading comprehension really hasn't caught up yet.
    I see you are still using Wikipedia. Psychiatric assessments treat suicidal and homicidal ideation the same way. For the same reason that a person contemplating suicide is not mentally healthy, so to is someone who is contemplating murder.

    Here is a typical assessment form.

    First it's a mental illness, when you were called on that, it became a symptom, now it's back to being a disorder. It's almost like you have no clue what it is you're discussing and you're just making it up as you go. Here, I'll let you read it again:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Homicidal_ideation
    In the same way that someone who is suicidal is mentally ill. Oh hey look, you linked to wikipedia again.


    It doesn't matter how much you try and deny it jmotivator, it's not a mental illness. It can be caused by it, but not necessarily. The fact that you're still claiming what your own source denies is absolutely hilarious.
    Wikipedia isn't my source, Hatuey, it's yours. My source is the ICD-10.


    Still pretending that your opinion on his views make him mentally ill? Good.
    I'm still standing by my evaluation based on the evidence.

    It's almost like you made up some weird claim that I was calling into question your use of wikipedia, and not your selective quoting skills. Spare me your emotions.
    No, it's exactly like calling you out of being a hypocrite.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  2. #612
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,482

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    So do we have any new information? Or is it just a bicker fest about guns and racism?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  3. #613
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,905

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post

    bottom line-the most serious crime a person can commit is mass murder. if the penalties for that doesn't deter him, any other "prophylactic" measure won't either
    If he was law abiding he wouldn't have even driven to the church because reports are that he didn't even have a driver's license.

  4. #614
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    His comments, in my view, were those of a white supremacist who seemed to have grievances against black people, grievances personal to him. Where's the political agenda that he was advancing in what he did and what is known at this time?
    This comment, in my view is that of a white supremacist who seems to have grievances against black people......"Finally, I'd say this video does nothing to support the "black lives matter" nonsense since I didn't see a single black person in the video who gave a **** about black life they were trying to end.

    This video says more about blacks in America than it does about the American Justice System. Americans should be glad these less than humans are off the streets."

  5. #615
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    11-30-16 @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    14,748

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Well actually you should write legislation for gun control groups, any law written as you're proposing would be struck down as unconstitutionally vague.
    Guy, I don't know about you, but I know firsthand what it's like to write regulations that others have to follow - I do have a clue what it means to prevent - and in rare cases allow - loopholes. And in informal discussions, I don't think any of us have EVER been so anal as to write down a suggestion for a law in the kind of language and detail such normally entail in the legislative process.

    Game? I just offered a compromise measure to your more extreme ideas, from a country with among the lowest homicode rates in the world. See you wonder why it's rare any gun legislation gets passed, this is exhibit A.
    Let's agree on something - you like the Czech Republic's gun laws, so let's adopt them - ALL of them! Absolutely freaking YES! Right NOW, TODAY!!!!

    And this is yet another example of gun-rights overenthusiasts' assumption that there are safe and orderly democracies out there with really lax gun laws. But there aren't any...just as there aren't any examples of first-world democracies devolving into tyranny because they have strong and effective gun control.

    However I think I made my point, you're now suggesting banning ordinary rifles while terming them "sniper rifles" because the M-24 is only a hunting rifle with a bipod and lightened trigger. You can't possibly ban that without banning the parent rifle, not in any way that won't get tossed void for vagueness
    'Scuse you, the M-24 is NOT an "ordinary rifle", and I strongly doubt you'd find a qualified sniper out there who'd agree with you on that. This is just another example of you deliberately twisting words and language. You should know better than that.
    “To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what he’s doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  6. #616
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverTrumpOrClinton tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    33,335

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    And that sounds like a bunch of bigotry to me. You get nowhere in dealing with racism when you paint an entire region of your country and everyone who lives there as ingrained with, understanding, and tolerant of racism.
    Glen always paints the south as being racist. He lived there, he knows it, and so on. If someone didn't know anything but what he posted, you would swear that everyone is racist in the south.

    Racism exists. Sexism exists. There are nutz who hate people who eat meat and wear fur coats. There are nutz who hate doctors who perform abortions. There are nutz who think Muslims are taking over the USA. There are nutz who think the government is spying through their bedroom windows. There are nutz who think Fox News is to blame for every single crisis of race in this country. So what's the answer?

    This was a 21 year old man with a host of mental problems. He, like most of these nutz, selected the most vulnerable group he could - churchgoers without guns. He didn't drive into the "hood" and shoot at a group of black thugs. He didn't find some Crips and Bloods. He didn't shoot at the house of a black person who is on bail awaiting trial for a crime against a white person. He was like that idiot in Newtown who was a coward too. If this idiot really wanted a civil war, and really thought blacks were raping "his" women (how many of them did he expect to find in a church on a Wednesday night anyway?), this isn't the target he would have chosen.

    This was intentional. He has issues and he wanted to make a splash. Posts like those made by Glen make this situation far worse than the horrific one it already is.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  7. #617
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverTrumpOrClinton tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    33,335

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Do you have an alibi?
    OMG, I have to admit I read this twice before I got it. Then I laughed. Hard. (Sorry Gath!)
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  8. #618
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverTrumpOrClinton tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    33,335

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I can't imagine worse than sitting with his victims for an hour and then committing premeditated murder in God's house.

    Yes, Roof was fixated on blacks. But he could've been fixated on anything--girls who rejected him, other gamers who outscored him, anything. Like other mass murderers, however, he nurtured his insane grudge, planned for months, and executed innocent people. Blacks, first-graders, movie patrons, and mall shoppers are all equally victims.
    Ted Bundy's victims were all carefully selected because they resembled the girl who broke up with him in college. His spree went on for many years.

    Roof, like that POS in Newtown, selected the most vulnerable of victims - obviously unarmed churchgoers. Only slightly above unarmed 1st graders in terms of vulnerability.

    People who target children, the elderly and animals are all sick cowards who intentionally select those who can not defend themselves. That's what this guy did. He had no interest in a civil war. He harbors some kind of demons in his head.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #619
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,383

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    I love this! Posters here ask "how can he feel this way" or where did he get such views"? Hey! Anyone actually believe hatred in America is dead? It is alive and well in all facets of our decaying culture. Our once professional people are gangsters, our politicians are nothing but name callers avoiding solutions while pursuing the opponents to put all of the blame on for all the wrong in this "good ol' USA". Our youth is rotting in ignorance, schools cheat on test scores instead of taking the challenge of educating. We have long ago lost the war on drugs. Our soldiers are dying on false promises form our lying, filthy leaders pledging to get them out of harms way until they get elected. Everyone cheats and now including baseball and football entire organizations instead of players. Our incomes are shrinking while the cost of living continues to soar. Our media is riddled with murder, rape, infidelity and drug abuse. 80 million Americans own a firearm and not because they like to hunt but rather because they are feeling like the hunted and are frightened. Where did this young man get his views? Open your eyes, he simply picked are target to blame the retched state of our society and acted on it. He picked race while he could have picked many different issues. I wonder if he was a Muslim radical if race would have been the headline. Have a nice day.

  10. #620
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The main difference is that left wing terrorists in this country usually just attack property whereas right wing terrorists attack people.
    Recently, perhaps, but historically speaking...."usually" is very inaccurate.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •