Page 53 of 116 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 1152

Thread: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224:1119]

  1. #521
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    40,937

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I can't imagine worse than sitting with his victims for an hour and then committing premeditated murder in God's house.

    Yes, Roof was fixated on blacks. But he could've been fixated on anything--girls who rejected him, other gamers who outscored him, anything. Like other mass murderers, however, he nurtured his insane grudge, planned for months, and executed innocent people. Blacks, first-graders, movie patrons, and mall shoppers are all equally victims.


    I know, it is hard to believe isn't it? That he could sit with them for an hour of bible study and prayer, a very personal and spiritual form of interaction, an opportunity for him to see them as real people... and then to cold-bloodedly murder them. It is just almost inconceivable.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  2. #522
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    07-18-15 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    731

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Why is it that when black people decide to kill whites, it is never considered a hate crime? In fact, the authorities, when pressed, avoid the hate crime charge altogether.
    That is completely false. In 2013, 680 people were prosecuted for anti-white racially motivated hate crimes: https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...ation_2013.xls

  3. #523
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    07-18-15 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    731

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    hate crime designations at the murder level are generally designed to pander to certain groups. sentence enhancements for multiple murders is a waste of time. and yes I know why these laws exist and I don't agree with them. premeditated murder is a hate crime without the redundancy
    Doesn't seem like you were able to come up with a counter argument. Again.

  4. #524
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    157,149

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by tuhaybey View Post
    Doesn't seem like you were able to come up with a counter argument. Again.
    a counter argument to your OPINION that its the right wing that causes more terror: an opinion that was not backed up with any numbers or hard facts

    or was it your OPINION that I didn't read your opinion where you tried to blame the right wing for all the terrorism in the USA and blame the RW for this killer before anyone has a clue what motivated him?

    tell me why that requires any sort of rebuttal given it had no evidentiary support to begin with?
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  5. #525
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,028

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Left wing terrorism-weather underground the SLA, the Earth First extremists, the unibomber, the ALF, have all been as violent as any right wing extremism. we have no idea what actually motivated this current rampage yet, though it appears to be the color of the victims
    The main difference is that left wing terrorists in this country usually just attack property whereas right wing terrorists attack people.
    Last edited by Moot; 06-18-15 at 10:57 PM.

  6. #526
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,663

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Folks, this guy has said he "Wanted to start a civil war". A race war between blacks and whites.


    Now I think he's drastically over-estimating his own importance and the impact of his heinous action... but if we let it, this incident could be yet another brick in the wall separating us by race.



    Let's not let that happen. Let's come together and condemn this as an act of senseless and abhorrent violence and hate by a evil person whose actions are NOT representative of white South Carolinians or white Americans in general.




    Don't let him win. Don't let this drive us further apart in this time when we're already experiencing more racial tensions than we have in a decade. Let's stand together and not let one hateful young man drive yet another wedge between us.


    I live in rural SC. Everywhere I've been today, no one is talking about anything else. Everyone says it was horrible. I've not heard one person, not even the scruffiest redneck, say anything affirmative about what this young hater did.

    In the military, one of the greatest insults is to deliberately about-face and turn your back on someone, signifying they don't matter. Let's turn out backs on this hateful person and not give him the satisfaction of being a media star.


    Let's have our time of mourning and grief for those we've lost, but let's not give this hateful little **** any more attention.
    Just some random comments here. MLKIII appeared on O'Reilly tonight and he and O'Reilly talked about not letting ourselves be divided the way we are being divided these days. There are those who wish for nothing more than for there to be division among the American brethren.

    Megyn Kelly's policy is to not mention by name the Dylann Roofs once they've been apprehended, and she blurs out their images too. Over and over today the point has been made that Roof let one lady live because he planned to kill himself but wanted the world to know what he'd done.

    Now he's in jail, and he's not ever going to get out. Maybe we can hope that there won't be books written or movies-for-TV made.

  7. #527
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,014

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    YOu said: "Oh god, did you read your own source? The one you copied verbatim from Wiki?"
    I didn't.
    You then went on to try and defend your argument... copying verbatim from Wiki.
    Yes, I pointed out that you used wikipedia and then ignored the parts which didn't fit your statement. You denied it, I pulled the exact sentence fragment which you copied up and showed you the parts of the page which simply contradicted your statements. You're still denying that you did it and making up some weird claim that I have a problem with people using Wikipedia. I don't. I simply pointed out your selective use of it. We'll get into that in a bit.

    And you are wrong. Only 89% chance! Hey, and guess what, I was right! Neener.
    Still going on nothing more than because you say so? Good.

    Substance abuse psychosis is a mental illness.
    I see reading comprehension really hasn't caught up yet.

    You have conflated mental illness stats in a given year with mental illness stats over a lifetime. NAMI estimates that in any given year there are 61 million people who experience mentally illness (where you get your 20% from). Over a LIFETIME, however, your 45-81% number is not an astonishing number if you consider that it's not all the same 60 million people every year dealing with mental illness.

    You have lost the topic in a "square isn't a rectangle" fashion. Homicidal Idceation is a disorder, and is a very common cause of admission to psychiatric treatment. We are discussing a murder who no doubt experienced Homicidal Ideation before he murdered 10 people. And, as the story unfolds he indeed appears to have had delirium and a drug induced psychosis.
    First it's a mental illness, when you were called on that, it became a symptom, now it's back to being a disorder. It's almost like you have no clue what it is you're discussing and you're just making it up as you go. Here, I'll let you read it again:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Homicidal_ideation

    Homicidal ideation is a common medical term for thoughts about homicide. There is a range of homicidal thoughts which spans from vague ideas of revenge to detailed and fully formulated plans without the act itself.[1] Many people who have homicidal ideation do not commit homicide. 50-91% of people surveyed on university grounds in various places in the USA admit to having had a homicidal fantasy.[2] Homicidal ideation is common, accounting for 10-17% of patient presentations to psychiatric facilities in the USA.[1]
    Homicidal ideation is not a disease itself, but may result from other illnesses such as psychosis and delirium. Psychosis, which accounts for 89% of admissions with homicidal ideation in one US study,[3] includes substance induced psychosis (e.g. amphetamine psychosis) and the psychoses related to schizophreniform disorder and schizophrenia. Delirium is often drug induced or secondary to general medical illness(es) (see ICD-10 Chapter V: Mental and behavioural disorders F05).
    It doesn't matter how much you try and deny it jmotivator, it's not a mental illness. It can be caused by it, but not necessarily. The fact that you're still claiming what your own source denies is absolutely hilarious.

    Sorry for the spoilers

    Precisely. He was mentally ill.
    Still pretending that your opinion on his views make him mentally ill? Good.

    This is funny! Now that you have decided to use Wikipedia for your own argument you stopped accusing me of using Wikipedia! Such transparent hypocrisy from you is ... disappointing.
    It's almost like you made up some weird claim that I was calling into question your use of wikipedia, and not your selective quoting skills. Spare me your emotions.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 06-18-15 at 11:13 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #528
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,663

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The main difference is that left wing terrorists in this country usually just attack property whereas right wing terrorists attack people.
    And yet their crimes are equally dastardly, and they're all terrorists.

  9. #529
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    157,149

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The main difference is that left wing terrorists in this country usually just attack property whereas right wing terrorists attack people.
    so spiking trees so loggers get injured is attacking property? blowing up people as the uni-bomber did was property? I don't think your attempt to differentiate one species of asshole from another is particularly convincing
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  10. #530
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    07-18-15 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    731

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    a counter argument to your OPINION that its the right wing that causes more terror: an opinion that was not backed up with any numbers or hard facts

    or was it your OPINION that I didn't read your opinion where you tried to blame the right wing for all the terrorism in the USA and blame the RW for this killer before anyone has a clue what motivated him?

    tell me why that requires any sort of rebuttal given it had no evidentiary support to begin with?
    You're losing track of the discussion completely... That isn't the post you were responding to at all...

    Nevermind man. You don't even bother to read anything anybody posts, you don't bother to think through a response to anything anybody says.. You just sit here and bleat out the same idiotic assumptions you had at the start of the day over and over for hours a day year after year. You never stop to think or listen. It's useless trying to talk with you. It's like trying to debate with a CD player that somebody stuck a Rush Limbaugh CD from the 90s in on loop.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •