Page 47 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 1152

Thread: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224:1119]

  1. #461
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,298

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I didn't accuse you of anything. I pointed out that you didn't bother to actually read your own source. Good grief, reading comprehension REALLY is hard for you.
    YOu said: "Oh god, did you read your own source? The one you copied verbatim from Wiki?"

    I didn't.

    You then went on to try and defend your argument... copying verbatim from Wiki.


    Nope, I claimed there is no evidence to suggest he was mentally ill. There isn't. Reading comprehension. Use it.
    And you are wrong.


    It's almost like you didn't read it: The source said MAY result from mental illness, not that it is specifically a symptom of it. Again, reading comprehension.
    Only 89% chance! Hey, and guess what, I was right! Neener.



    Lol, again reading comprehension, what the source is stating is that psychosis includes substance induced psychosis. Seriously, if you can't even read the basics of the very sources you're reading, why go into the more complex stuff that has commas?
    Substance abuse psychosis is a mental illness.



    Still trying this silly argument? I'd give it up after failing so horribly to comprehend your own source.


    Good grief, you do realize that the source states that 50 to 91% of the US population has had homicidal ideation? If your reading comprehension was anywhere near as good as you pretend it is, we'd then have to say that 45% to 81% of the US is mentally ill. However, the most liberal estimates put it somewhere at ~20% (or 1 in 5 Americans). Do you not see a contradiction within this? How only ~20% of the population can be mentally ill by the most liberal estimates but if your flawed attempt to play psychologist works, psychologists have been off by a a factor of 2 or 3 at best?
    You have conflated mental illness stats in a given year with mental illness stats over a lifetime. NAMI estimates that in any given year there are 61 million people who experience mentally illness (where you get your 20% from). Over a LIFETIME, however, your 45-81% number is not an astonishing number if you consider that it's not all the same 60 million people every year dealing with mental illness.

    That should give you a damn clue as to how silly your entire statement is. Homicidal ideation is the thought of wanting to kill somebody. It's not a mental illness, it can be a symptom of it, but not necessarily. However, even with that said, there is no evidence to suggest that this person was mentally ill. That remains true.
    You have lost the topic in a "square isn't a rectangle" fashion. Homicidal Idceation is a disorder, and is a very common cause of admission to psychiatric treatment. We are discussing a murder who no doubt experienced Homicidal Ideation before he murdered 10 people. And, as the story unfolds he indeed appears to have had delirium and a drug induced psychosis.

    Sorry for the spoilers.



    He blamed all blacks for perceived crimes.
    Precisely. He was mentally ill.

    Your diagnosis is WebMD nonsense.
    This is funny! Now that you have decided to use Wikipedia for your own argument you stopped accusing me of using Wikipedia! Such transparent hypocrisy from you is ... disappointing.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  2. #462
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    07-18-15 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    731

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Left wing terrorism-weather underground the SLA, the Earth First extremists, the unibomber, the ALF, have all been as violent as any right wing extremism. we have no idea what actually motivated this current rampage yet, though it appears to be the color of the victims
    Read the post before you hit reply to it....

  3. #463
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:22 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,939

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    I've been following this myself. It supposedly happened right downtown.

    With any luck, he'll be caught quickly.
    Do you have an alibi?
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  4. #464
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    157,265

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by tuhaybey View Post
    Read the post before you hit reply to it....
    I did, hence my response. Its silly to start trying to tag the left or the right with this murderer's motivations yet
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  5. #465
    Godwin's Lawyer
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,412

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Answers

    1. We need to stop giving a damn about the media's language.
    I could not possibly disagree with you more vehemently.



    2. It wouldn't have been any different. Whether you call it terrorism, mass murder, shooting spree, etc....the victims are dead. We should be focusing on the crime, not the politics.
    Good. But realize that not all whites can say this with a straight face.

  6. #466
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:22 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,939

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I agree, and that's an interesting question. This little **** is 5'9" and 120 pounds. I'm 5'8" and 125, and I couldn't move 2 guns, forget 5. They always seem to be undersized little bastards.

    To your point about the car towns, I never thought about it, but you are correct there as well.
    You are a chick though and that sounds like a perfect ratio... this little scrawny punk is a twit and uses guns to make up for his small stature.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  7. #467
    Don't give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,576

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You and others are hiding your head in the sand as a knee jerk reflex protection action. every day we see statements from people on the far right who are obviously living in their own reality - some of which seem to believe it is still three centuries ago - and their own extremism has polarized them to the extent that they do not live in the reality that most other Americans do.

    Start with this and learn

    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...reat-mistake-0

    http://www.amazon.com/The-Polarized-.../dp/1939686008

    One thing that I have never been able to wrap my mind around is the special fear right wingers have for other right wingers who are obviously pathological misfits because of their mental illnesses. It manifests itself in outright denial - as we have seen in this discussion over and over again.

    Nobody is saying that being a conservative or even the more extreme right libertarian is the same as a mental illness. Nobody is saying that. The vast majority of such persons are nowhere near mentally disturbed.

    But some are and in this case of nine murders for racist reason - we just saw one example.
    Yet again your far right label for me is painfully inaccurate - I am quite moderate.

    The problem with these damn shootings is that I have never seen an in-depth analysis delving into the actual causes.

    In many cases, these morons aren't around to analyze, so the only evidence is based upon interviews with others and analysis of their computer files.

    The Holmes trial looks to be a failure of his mental health providers, who seem to be covering their own assets to avoid culpability for their actions.

    If there was truly insight into the cause of these clown's actions, then there would be some action items in place already - and that has not yet happened.

    There will always be more than one cause.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  8. #468
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:22 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,939

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    Murder is bad enough. Doing it in a church is downright evil.
    Murder isn't evil already?
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  9. #469
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    07-18-15 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    731

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I did, hence my response.
    No, I don't think you did lol.

  10. #470
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    157,265

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by tuhaybey View Post
    No, I don't think you did lol.
    uh wrong. lets get back to the topic. blaming anyone for this killer at this point is stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

Page 47 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •