Page 36 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 1152

Thread: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224:1119]

  1. #351
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    There are documented cases of anti-white hate crimes committed by black people so "never" is inaccurate. The better question is why are white people still committing hate crimes in 2015?
    I think the better question would be "why as anyone committing hate crimes in 2015?"
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #352
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,349

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Your attempt at evidence only shows you don't read your own evidence. This article is meant to argue that the link between mental illness and gun crime is specious when trying to argue that "He is mentally ill, therefore he is violent". In their argument the author wants to redirect that discussion away from the crazy people who commit mass murders and focus on the not crazy people who commit gun crimes in general.

    This is not helping your argument.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  3. #353
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,061

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    It is a mental illness that people are treated for.
    Oh god, did you read your own source? The one you copied verbatim from Wiki? Here:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Homicidal_ideation

    Homicidal ideation is not a disease itself, but may result from other illnesses such as psychosis and delirium. Psychosis, which accounts for 89% of admissions with homicidal ideation in one US study,[3] includes substance induced psychosis (e.g. amphetamine psychosis) and the psychoses related to schizophreniform disorder and schizophrenia. Delirium is often drug induced or secondary to general medical illness(es) (see ICD-10 Chapter V: Mental and behavioural disorders F05)

    It may arise in association with personality disorders or it may occur in people who do not have any detectable illness. In fact, surveys have shown that the majority of people have had homicidal fantasies at some stage in their life.[2] Many theories have been proposed to explain this.[2][4]
    However, all you've done is simply attach this label. So I doubt you did more than look for something you thought helped you.

    It is classified on the ICD-10, sorry that you have such a problem with that.
    ^Meaningless drivel that doesn't actually understand what it is discussing.

    Oh, I am very serious that it is ironic that in the post where you accuse me of trying to "decide who is crazy or not" you have decided he's not crazy.
    Who decided he was not crazy? I said there was no evidence to suggest he was. Pointing to him having killed in a church doesn't change that. Get serious.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #354
    Professor
    Dirt Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    02-19-16 @ 09:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,747

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    As a human being my heart goes out to the victims and their families. What a senseless tragedy. I have a difficult time figuring out why one human being would do this to another innocent human being. I hope the families find peace.

    As a Conservative I can tell you that this act is not in my description of conservative ideals. I am no way a doctor but I can say in my opinion anyone who would treat another person in this manner has a serious mental issue. Whatever that issue is should NOT keep this person from facing the full hand of justice. Whether that be death or life in prison. Preferably death considering the wake of misery this guy has left behind. If not death then a long drawn out miserable life sentence where the inmates dole out the justice.

    Whether the crime is white on black or black on white the senseless nature of these sort of crimes should infuriate us all equally.

  5. #355
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,349

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    And yet another clue to the precarious mental state of the shooter. He felt compelled to kill 10 people in a Bible study because he thought they were rapists.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  6. #356
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,061

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Your attempt at evidence only shows you don't read your own evidence. This article is meant to argue that the link between mental illness and gun crime is specious when trying to argue that "He is mentally ill, therefore he is violent". In their argument the author wants to redirect that discussion away from the crazy people who commit mass murders and focus on the not crazy people who commit gun crimes in general.

    This is not helping your argument.
    This is why you should read more than one link, the article actually shows that the mentally ill are less likely to commit such crimes and that's why the conversation should be redirected. It directly addresses Goshin's statements about people having a knee-jerk reaction and go for the easy response of 'the person must be mentally ill'. The second source (you know, the study) actually stated that the violent madman was nothing more than a stereotype. Reading comprehension is good.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #357
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,349

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Oh god, did you read your own source? The one you copied verbatim from Wiki? Here:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Homicidal_ideation

    However, all you've done is simply attach this label. So I doubt you did more than look for something you thought helped you.

    ^Meaningless drivel that doesn't actually understand what it is discussing.

    Who decided he was not crazy? I said there was no evidence to suggest he was. Pointing to him having killed in a church doesn't change that. Get serious.
    So most people go through depression at some point in their life, does that make it not a mental illness?

    Seriously, step away from the keyboard, you are getting carelessly stupid in your attempts at defending your careless ignorance.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  8. #358
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    40,984

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Racer View Post
    As a human being my heart goes out to the victims and their families. What a senseless tragedy. I have a difficult time figuring out why one human being would do this to another innocent human being. I hope the families find peace.

    As a Conservative I can tell you that this act is not in my description of conservative ideals. I am no way a doctor but I can say in my opinion anyone who would treat another person in this manner has a serious mental issue. Whatever that issue is should NOT keep this person from facing the full hand of justice. Whether that be death or life in prison. Preferably death considering the wake of misery this guy has left behind. If not death then a long drawn out miserable life sentence where the inmates dole out the justice.

    Whether the crime is white on black or black on white the senseless nature of these sort of crimes should infuriate us all equally.


    Thank you, well said.


    It is unfortunate that some folks lost no time making political hay out of this tragedy...


    “It is in our power to do something about it. I say that recognizing the politics in this town foreclose a lot of those avenues right now,” the president said. “But it’d be wrong for us not to acknowledge it, and at some point, it’s going to be important for the American people to come to grips with it and for us to be able to shift how we think about the issue of gun violence collectively.”

    https://www.yahoo.com/politics/obama...848101296.html

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  9. #359
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,061

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    So most people go through depression at some point in their life, does that make it not a mental illness?
    Are you ready to accept that HOMICIDAL IDEATION is not a mental illness/decease? Or are we only going with the part of the wiki link that you copied and ignoring that which directly contradicts your WebMD assessment?

    Seriously, step away from the keyboard, you are getting carelessly stupid in your attempts at defending your careless ignorance.
    Here it is again:

    Homicidal ideation is not a disease itself, but may result from other illnesses such as psychosis and delirium. Psychosis, which accounts for 89% of admissions with homicidal ideation in one US study,[3] includes substance induced psychosis (e.g. amphetamine psychosis) and the psychoses related to schizophreniform disorder and schizophrenia. Delirium is often drug induced or secondary to general medical illness(es) (see ICD-10 Chapter V: Mental and behavioural disorders F05).
    Wait, where did I say he was or he wasn't mentally ill? I've said there is no evidence to prove one way or another as of yet. That remains true, don't be stubborn. Admit you made a silly claim and back away.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #360
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    37,830

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Thank you, well said.


    It is unfortunate that some folks lost no time making political hay out of this tragedy...





    https://www.yahoo.com/politics/obama...848101296.html
    How is he wrong? Gun violence, for whatever reason, is a serious problem in the U.S. I don't know what the solution to it is, but you can't fix a problem until you acknowledge that you have one.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 36 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •