Page 30 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 1152

Thread: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224:1119]

  1. #291
    Professor
    HowardBThiname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    America's Heartland
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:47 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,955

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Why are some here obviously afraid of answering the questions as to what made this man this so extremely racist that he would this?

    Answer that and wisdom will follow.
    That's not a bad question. For the last two years, we've been hearing how this nation is becoming more racially divided. Many blame the media for whipping up feeding frenzies when minorities are killed before the facts in the cases can come out. Extremist-types on both sides are becoming more and more angry. Hopefully, we won't see any repeats of this type of act. I hope it doesn't become a trend.
    "Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." ~ Thomas Jefferson

  2. #292
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,062

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Sooo... Out of curiosity, would you put the same emphasis on the identity or political beliefs of that one nutbar who shot up the Family Research Council a few years back
    Emphasis on the identity or.. political beliefs of enviro-wackos? Lol. I have no problem with them being declared terrorists/criminals whatever. I certainly wouldn't spend entire threads trying to concoct silly cockamanie stories about the guy's mental condition when it's already clear what his motives were. He (this kid) was a racist, plain and simple and his views on race - as they were behind his motives - are a valid point of discussion. Now, if you want to talk about a shooting that happened years ago that's fine, just don't try and insult me with your silly act of 'look at this one gay guy from 3 years ago!' - It's a pretty see through debate tactic.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #293
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,062

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    No, I'm not. I'm the guy who rightly claimed that a video posted in an OP, not posted by me, another of your lies, showing a group of young black gang bangers kicking, punching, spitting on and otherwise assaulting another young black man said more about black America than it said about the American justice system.
    You're playing semantics and nobody is being fooled. If you don't like generalized claims, don't make them yourself and then complain about other people doing it.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #294
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    09-04-16 @ 07:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,206

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I'm no expert on social media (academically speaking) but I do know that FB is a terrible reflection of who people are. I have 1000 people on my current FB list, and I rarely talk to most of them. The overwhelming majority are people who I've met through work. The people who I do talk to are either family members or close family friends. If somebody were to draw a conclusion from my FB account, they'd say I'm a socialite who is everything from an anti-vaxer (laughable really) to a gun nut (even more so). Yet, here I am being neither of those things and being extremely low key about my personal relationships.
    I don't mess with FB. I do nothing that will interest others and most of the folks I have seen on that app are as boring as I am but trying to pretend they aren't. My wife wants to get on it to advertise horses for sale, but I even advised her to stay away from it. It's just another way to contract more viruses and tracking cookies.

  5. #295
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    09-04-16 @ 07:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,206

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Political ideology includes social views, it includes views on race, and is made manifest by the actions one commits. Again, this was the ultimate authoritarian act, most authoritarians are conservative.
    How do you explain the authoritarian Obama being liberal?

  6. #296
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,584

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    My money is on he's mentally unstable.

  7. #297
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,062

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by HowardBThiname View Post
    All PD forces have slightly different ways of responding to given threats. A lot depends on the risk to the officers and the amount and type of crime in the specific community. Officers in Baltimore have different procedures than do officers in Podunk, Nebraska, for obvious reasons. Add the fact that no two people react in exactly the same way, and that no two incidents are identical and it becomes a practice in intellectual dishonesty to attempt to draw parallels. It's meaningless.
    Wakey, wakey, no need for eggs and bakey because I can smell the bull**** from here. It's a simple question. There are no procedures so radically different when it comes to approaching the same supposed threat. As a matter of fact, the facts in these cases show that if police officers can respond without the suspect ending up dead in one scenario that it is possible to do it with others where the threat is nowhere near as high. Keep trying.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #298
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,374

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    None of this makes him mentally ill. Irrational? Maybe. Murderous? Definitely. Mentally ill? Nope.
    Sorry, no, it does make them mentally ill.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #299
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 04:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I find it remarkable that some here are fixated on attaching a political ideology to a violent act as if political ideologies are inherently violent or any individual who adheres to a political philosophy is susceptible to violence as a result. What different cultures we live in. Here in Canada, a mass murder's political ideology would never even be of passing interest let alone the focus of analysis or investigation.
    Perhaps because Canada doesn't have the same history of lynchings and church bombings targeting blacks.

  10. #300
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,062

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Sorry, no, it does make them mentally ill.
    Oh, because you say so? Lol. You're not making a very good case for anything here.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 30 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •