Page 27 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 1152

Thread: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224:1119]

  1. #261
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    73,238

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    I think you need to know his politics. I don't. His actions are a symptom of mental illness and not the other way around. When you can post your bona fides to make a clinical diagnosis, let me know.
    same time you do. I do NOT need to be an automobile mechanic or engineer to care about if cars are safe or if the speed limit is proper. No citizen does. Same here with this issue.

    Why are you so afraid of examining the question as to if someone embracing extremist politics can cause a form of mental illness detaching them from reality?

    I suspect people who do not want the questions asked are deathly afraid the answers may not be to their liking.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #262
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,298

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So... wait.. Muslims who go and kill people in Syrian churches... are completely sane... but white kills 9 black people in church and he's insane? How? What's your rationale for either? Seems to me like what's good for the goose is not goose for the gander. The burden of proof is on you to show something other than "because I say so". However, I'm not holding my breath seeing our little exchange on 'political strategists'. He picked a target, planned out his action and committed his act. There's no indication that he was insane, at least not at the moment. So what makes him insane other than you're outraged at his actions?
    Who ever said that Radical Muslims are sane?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  3. #263
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So... wait.. Muslims who go and kill people in Syrian churches... are completely sane... but white kills 9 black people in church and he's insane? How? What's your rationale for either? Seems to me like what's good for the goose is not goose for the gander. The burden of proof is on you to show something other than "because I say so". However, I'm not holding my breath seeing our little exchange on 'political strategists'. He picked a target, planned out his action and committed his act. There's no indication that he was insane, at least not at the moment. So what makes him insane other than you're outraged at his actions?
    Who said I thought jihadists are sane? You've made a pretty huge jump in logic here. No rational person would kill nine people in a church. Are you defending him?
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  4. #264
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Right.

    I'm going to speculate a little here but my guess is that he had a crush on a girl that ended up dating a black guy and that's what set this off. The whole "You're raping our women" thing just screams more sexual than racial.
    Don't know. Willing to wait.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 04:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You know, while I probably agree more than disagree with the sentiment, can't you wait until the bodies are at least cold to start using it for your favorite political position?
    This is a political forum.
    Every day on this forum when blacks or other minorities are targets of violence or police abuse conservatives tell us that hate crime laws are unnecessary and racist, that racism is over, that whites are the most likely victims of racism, that ordinary American Muslims are a threat and that government investigations into white hate groups is unnecessary and unfair. This one incident alone shows how wrong they are.

    This is a good example (assuming the shooting was actually racially motivated) of why hate crime laws are best described as anti-domestic terrorism laws.
    Last edited by Hard Truth; 06-18-15 at 12:48 PM.

  6. #266
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    73,238

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    What makes him mentally ill?
    Good question. Some here seem afraid to explore that question and seem even more afraid of the possible answers.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #267
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,818
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Good job sticking to the facts
    The man is a conservative so there are some given facts that go along with that...
    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Blacks aren't committing more crime. That's the point. They use drugs at similar rates yet they get harsher sentences and more convictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    I disagree. Just because their drug usage may be no different does not mean their propensity to commit crime is the same or equal.

  8. #268
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,409

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    same time you do.

    Why are you so afraid of examining the question as to if someone embracing extremist politics can cause a form of mental illness detaching them from reality?

    I suspect people who do not want the questions asked are deathly afraid the answers may not be to their liking.
    If it serves your interests to confuse cause with effect, go for it. I don't have that problem myself. I can differentiate symptoms from diseases because I'm not irrational. For example, that ceaseless itching between your toes is not the illness itself. It's a symptom of a fungal infection. Science is wonderful that way. If however, you wish to go on a witch doctor crusade, have at it.
    "I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance." William Faulkner

  9. #269
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,038

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust
    What sane person goes into a church and kills 9 people, well besides Muslims in Syria, but I digress.
    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    Who said I thought jihadists are sane? You've made a pretty huge jump in logic here. No rational person would kill nine people in a church. Are you defending him?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Who ever said that Radical Muslims are sane?
    Either you learn to write, or you're backtracking. You, sawdust, just asked what type of sane person does this besides Muslims in Syria. If I ask for example: What baseball player has 700 home runs, besides Barry Bonds? I'm not excluding Barry Bonds. I'm not saying that Barry Bonds doesn't have 700 home runs. I am saying that Barry Bonds and some other (yet to be named) players have 700 home runs. If you ask what kind of sane person does this besides Muslims in Syria, you are saying that Muslims in Syria are sane and you're asking about other people who commit this type of crime. Your sentence does not mean what you thought it means and I'd suggest changing it.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 06-18-15 at 12:45 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #270
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:13 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,029

    Re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    It means exactly what it says - no facial hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    Doesn't clean shaven usually mean the face not the head?
    Clean-shaven Synonyms, Clean-shaven Antonyms | Thesaurus.com


    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    His medieval "bowl" hair cut does not look very skinhead like.
    Quote Originally Posted by cAPSLOCK View Post
    The picture looked more like "bowl cut".

    They didn't have a picture of him when I said that. But now that there is one I couldn't agree more...it definitely looks like a bowl cut.

Page 27 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •