Page 16 of 116 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 1152

Thread: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224:1119]

  1. #151
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,771
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Sounds like they caught him.
    Yep. He was a social justice warrior for emasculated white men and displayed his Racist beliefs by constantly displaying the confederate flag.

  2. #152
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    11-05-16 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    19,799

    re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    "Vengeance is mine, says the Lord". Justice is up to man.

    As disgusting as is any taking of human life, I am appalled at the hate filled retribution indicated in this thread.

    It's ugly folks, and as a practicing Christian I am outraged, but more appalled at the calls for vengeance in the form of outright murder.

    "..Forgive us, as we forgive those who trespass against us......"

    And as Gandhi said, "an eye for an eye leaves the world blind".
    I'm with the "the three drunks", lets let the perp explain his motivation.

    I find the focus on "vengeance" being made by those not wanting to understand the motivation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumpf
    "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    I am a medical provider. Try having the pressure of someones life in your hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #153
    Winged Eel Fingerling
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    14,901

    re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    He told the people he murdered that he "had to do it" because "you rape our women and are taking over our country." That's the motive. He took photos of himself wearing a jacket that had the flags of Rhodesia and apartheid-era South Africa. It's safe to say it was a hate crime.
    And, of course, he had the confederate flag license plate. SMH

    Why do we have so many unstable people filled with utter hate out there?
    Ich habe schon Pferde vor der Apotheke kotzen sehen.

  4. #154
    Professor
    HowardBThiname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    America's Heartland
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:47 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,955

    re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Cool stuff, isn't it weird that police in Cleveland can pull up on a 13 year old with an air soft and shoot him within 2 seconds but police in NJ and SC manage to catch armed suspects alive?

    Not really. Unless, you're suggesting the same officers were at all three events.
    "Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." ~ Thomas Jefferson

  5. #155
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,771
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Cool stuff, isn't it weird that police in Cleveland can pull up on a 13 year old with an air soft and shoot him within 2 seconds but police in NJ and SC manage to catch armed suspects alive?
    Has there been any confirmation of the rumors that he was in a police academy?

  6. #156
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,128
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Cool stuff, isn't it weird that police in Cleveland can pull up on a 13 year old with an air soft and shoot him within 2 seconds but police in NJ and SC manage to catch armed suspects alive?


    I figured that they would catch the guy but I'm surprised they took him alive and so quickly.

    It will be interesting to hear this guys story.

  7. #157
    Sage

    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,792

    re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So your argument is that the identification of hate crimes was to modify punishment?
    That's exactly what it is. You don't get 20 years just because you hate someone. It's treated as an aggravating factor in some other crime and used to increase the sentence.

  8. #158
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!
    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,449
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    The conservative Republican christian that did this hate crime is going to suffer the consequences.
    Aren't you, and those like you, tired of jumping to conclusions that are false yet? There's a lot about this kid that we don't know yet. There's been no evidence put forth that he is a conservative, a Republican or a Christian. And yet you draw all these lines before the facts come out. Either you've been brainwashed by MSNBC, you're trying to get a job there or its something else entirely and you're simply not worth the points.

    Why partisan hacks like yourself are always trying to tie anything bad that happens to the "other side" is quite sad. This was a horrible tragedy. The NRA, the Republican party, the NAACP, the DNC, every major religion (with the exception of radical Islam) and anyone free of racial hatred towards blacks absolutely denounces stuff like this. This was a 21 year old kid who didn't know dick about much of anything that did this.

    Stop jumping to ridiculous conclusions. The facts will come out.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  9. #159
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    11-05-16 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    19,799

    re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    That's exactly what it is. You don't get 20 years just because you hate someone. It's treated as an aggravating factor in some other crime and used to increase the sentence.
    Um, no, the identification of the crime is to cause counters to the crime. Again, those who are focused on punishment are avoiding discussing the motivation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumpf
    "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    I am a medical provider. Try having the pressure of someones life in your hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #160
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,175

    re: Police: Multiple Victims in South Carolina church shooting [W:224]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    None is implied, much more is exposed by your inference.

    I'm sure there some rocks large enough for you to hide under till this blows over.
    Why would I need to hide under a rock? It didn't happen in my country - it happened in yours. I commented that I hope the perpetrator is going to suffer the consequences of his hate crime. I don't know the details of the young man's life so I've no need to comment or speculate about it. But you seem to have no qualms about it, seeming to gloat in my view. Perhaps that's related to your profile avatar that seems to ridicule Christians and you're likely delighted that this may be a Christian who can further your agenda.

    I don't need to take a tragic event, a murderous event, and before the bodies are barely cold make it a political ax to grind.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

Page 16 of 116 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •