Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 152

Thread: 'Accused is guilty': Campus rape tribunals punish without proof, critics say

  1. #51
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,145

    Re: 'Accused is guilty': Campus rape tribunals punish without proof, critics say

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Colleges, like people, should be free to decide for themselves what they should do.
    College's are not people. They're institutions. Institutions which receives government money. Also college's is not law enforcement. They should not be handling ANY investigations into possible criminal acts.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #52
    Educator
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    720

    Re: 'Accused is guilty': Campus rape tribunals punish without proof, critics say

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    So he's the one that got raped?
    From what I've read on the case, yes. However Amherst apparently subscribes to "dudes can't be raped," philosophy so technically no.

    Honestly, my opinion, he should win a lawsuit just for that bit of hypocrisy (may be using that wrong) by Amherst, let alone the other things he brought up.

    EDIT: I had missed before, or they didn't have it, the dorm councilors response to the girl. The hell kind of advice is that? When you do something stupid, just blame it on someone else!
    Last edited by coyotedelmar; 06-18-15 at 02:04 AM.

  3. #53
    Tavern Bartender
    #prouddeplorable
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    69,987

    Re: 'Accused is guilty': Campus rape tribunals punish without proof, critics say

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    I can see the point kinda went over your heads. My point was the article makes it sound like the beginning is here to start locking people up left and right without convictions or without enough evidence. But thats not true as presented by the data...
    Hahaha, don't flatter yourself.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country spoke, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #54
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    58,606

    Re: 'Accused is guilty': Campus rape tribunals punish without proof, critics say

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    College's are not people. They're institutions. Institutions which receives government money. Also college's is not law enforcement. They should not be handling ANY investigations into possible criminal acts.
    I clearly distinguished colleges from people and so what if they're institutions? It's never been the case that institutions like businesses and colleges have no right to decide on how they're operated. Also, a college investigating accusations of rape does not preclude the police from investigating it. However, I do think colleges should be required to report all reports of sexual assault to the police
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #55
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,145

    Re: 'Accused is guilty': Campus rape tribunals punish without proof, critics say

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I clearly distinguished colleges from people and so what if they're institutions? It's never been the case that institutions like businesses and colleges have no right to decide on how they're operated. Also, a college investigating accusations of rape does not preclude the police from investigating it. However, I do think colleges should be required to report all reports of sexual assault to the police
    This isn't about how they operate. It's about discrimination. If he did nothing wrong according to the evidence then they have no evidence that he broke their code of misconduct. Which means that they expelled him simply for being male.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #56
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    58,606

    Re: 'Accused is guilty': Campus rape tribunals punish without proof, critics say

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    This isn't about how they operate. It's about discrimination. If he did nothing wrong according to the evidence then they have no evidence that he broke their code of misconduct. Which means that they expelled him simply for being male.
    AFAIK, there is no claim of discrimination. It's about due process.

    And while it may not have been rape, that doesn't mean the accused did nothing wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #57
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    11-18-16 @ 01:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,149

    Re: 'Accused is guilty': Campus rape tribunals punish without proof, critics say

    Amazing really!
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  8. #58
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,145

    Re: 'Accused is guilty': Campus rape tribunals punish without proof, critics say

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    AFAIK, there is no claim of discrimination. It's about due process.
    The OP's article is about due process. The people that have been expelled due to such policies on the other hand may feel differently.

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And while it may not have been rape, that doesn't mean the accused did nothing wrong.
    Without evidence of such, yes it does mean he did nothing wrong.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #59
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    58,606

    Re: 'Accused is guilty': Campus rape tribunals punish without proof, critics say

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The OP's article is about due process. The people that have been expelled due to such policies on the other hand may feel differently.
    AFAIK, and I could be wrong, every one of these lawsuits are based on due process and none are based on discrimination. WRT how they feel, I don't give a crap how they feel.


    Without evidence of such, yes it does mean he did nothing wrong.
    The absence of rape does not mean there was no evidence of any misconduct.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #60
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,145

    Re: 'Accused is guilty': Campus rape tribunals punish without proof, critics say

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The absence of rape does not mean there was no evidence of any misconduct.
    If there was evidence of misconduct then I'm pretty sure that the college's in question would be showing it in order to vindicate themselves.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •