Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 152

Thread: 'Accused is guilty': Campus rape tribunals punish without proof, critics say

  1. #91
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,992

    Re: 'Accused is guilty': Campus rape tribunals punish without proof, critics say

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    But you dismiss accusations when it comes from the female and accept them when they come from the male

    And there is evidence of wrong doing taking place.
    I support people people not being punished based solely on an accusation. And rather than cherry pick, address the whole of my post. He said it was consensual, she said it was at times, and no evidence says otherwise that anyone has shown.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  2. #92
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,992

    Re: 'Accused is guilty': Campus rape tribunals punish without proof, critics say

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Even in a criminal trial, an admission that the accused had blacked out and had sex with the accuser would be considered evidence (but not proof) that a crime had been committed
    Yes and the word of the accuser saying it was consensual means nothing? Her actions after mean nothing? If this woman hadn't gone around telling people this was consensual or if some other evidence were to surface even remotely suggesting rape, we would be having a different conversation. But I don't know of many rape victims who voluntarily put in writing that they had consensual sex the day after being raped.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  3. #93
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,479

    Re: 'Accused is guilty': Campus rape tribunals punish without proof, critics say

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    I support people people not being punished based solely on an accusation. And rather than cherry pick, address the whole of my post. He said it was consensual, she said it was at times, and no evidence says otherwise that anyone has shown.
    He wasn't punished based solely on an accusation and there was more evidence
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #94
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,479

    Re: 'Accused is guilty': Campus rape tribunals punish without proof, critics say

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    Yes and the word of the accuser saying it was consensual means nothing? Her actions after mean nothing? If this woman hadn't gone around telling people this was consensual or if some other evidence were to surface even remotely suggesting rape, we would be having a different conversation. But I don't know of many rape victims who voluntarily put in writing that they had consensual sex the day after being raped.
    It means something but it is not dispositive. The school is required to consider all of the evidence and decide based on the preponderance of the evidence
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #95
    Guru
    soot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 02:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,308

    Re: 'Accused is guilty': Campus rape tribunals punish without proof, critics say

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    Is that supposed to be our response to allegations of racism?
    The Civil Rights Act of 1964 already covers that.

    But this isn't a matter of a college kicking the kid out because of race, color, religion, or national origin.

    This is a matter of a business refusing to serve an unprotected class (potential rapist) because continuing to business with the kid could potentially damage the college's brand.

    Doesn't a private business have a right, even a fiduciary responsibility, to protect its brand and its future profitability?
    “Now it is not good for the Christian’s health to hustle the Aryan brown,
    For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the Christian down;
    And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased,
    And the epitaph drear: “A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.”

  6. #96
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,992

    Re: 'Accused is guilty': Campus rape tribunals punish without proof, critics say

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    He wasn't punished based solely on an accusation and there was more evidence
    You keep saying that. Provide some. Providing something that shows this kid was expelled for some reason other than her contradictory story and/or his race. Those are the only 2 reasons presented that he has been expelled.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  7. #97
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,479

    Re: 'Accused is guilty': Campus rape tribunals punish without proof, critics say

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    You keep saying that. Provide some.
    I already have
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #98
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,992

    Re: 'Accused is guilty': Campus rape tribunals punish without proof, critics say

    Quote Originally Posted by soot View Post
    The Civil Rights Act of 1964 already covers that.

    But this isn't a matter of a college kicking the kid out because of race, color, religion, or national origin.

    This is a matter of a business refusing to serve an unprotected class (potential rapist) because continuing to business with the kid could potentially damage the college's brand.

    Doesn't a private business have a right, even a fiduciary responsibility, to protect its brand and its future profitability?
    According to the student, he was kicked out for his race. And says the school has shown a pattern of it. And if you for whatever reason support that double standard, do you also support kids being thrown out based solely on an accusation? Because that opens a lot of doors for people to have others thrown out of colleges for any reason. Just claim they did something wrong and you can have minorities thrown out of college.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  9. #99
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,992

    Re: 'Accused is guilty': Campus rape tribunals punish without proof, critics say

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I already have
    no you haven't. you claim two people both stating that sex is consensual is evidence of rape. Or if some drinks they are guilty of rape.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  10. #100
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,479

    Re: 'Accused is guilty': Campus rape tribunals punish without proof, critics say

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    no you haven't. you claim two people both stating that sex is consensual is evidence of rape. Or if some drinks they are guilty of rape.
    The accuser claims that there was non-consensual sex
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •