Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 85

Thread: 121 murders attributed to illegals released by Obama administration

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    11-19-15 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,235

    121 murders attributed to illegals released by Obama administration

    This monstrous story buried by the networks. Instead they focus on TWO escaped convicts in new york.



    121 murders attributed to illegals released by Obama administration - Washington Times

    june 15 2015
    More than 100 immigrants whom the Obama administration released back into the community went on to be charged with subsequent killings, according to government data released Monday that raises more questions about whether immigration authorities are doing enough to detail illegal immigrants awaiting deportation.

    ICE officials say they don’t regularly notify local authorities when they release an immigrant and don’t have a way of finding out from those authorities whether a former detainee gets into trouble with the law,

  2. #2
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,454
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 121 murders attributed to illegals released by Obama administration

    The Washington Times is a right-wing propaganda sheet.

    I won't be wasting any time there.




    "The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen."
    ~ Tommy Smothers
    Last edited by shrubnose; 06-17-15 at 11:34 AM.

  3. #3
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,821

    Re: 121 murders attributed to illegals released by Obama administration

    Agreed, it would be nice to have a secondary source on this one so we have more to discuss. Assuming for a moment that the article is entirely accurate, then we have a legitimate problem when it comes to enforcement of existing laws. Which begs the question on more laws being the answer if we do not bother with current enforcement.
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    12-30-16 @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,932

    Re: 121 murders attributed to illegals released by Obama administration

    https://www.google.com/search?q=121+...d+to+illegals+


    Bunch of links, could just be all quoting washington times.

    But regardless of who broke the story or why, if 121 released illegals have been charged with murder, then they have been charged. The source doesn't change the core facts, just the commentary and twist after.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,197

    Re: 121 murders attributed to illegals released by Obama administration

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    Agreed, it would be nice to have a secondary source on this one so we have more to discuss. Assuming for a moment that the article is entirely accurate, then we have a legitimate problem when it comes to enforcement of existing laws. Which begs the question on more laws being the answer if we do not bother with current enforcement.
    Even if entirely true it doesn't really tell us all that much. Let's say that juvenile offenders released when they turn 18 turn out to have committed 1,000 murders. What is our response to that? Keep millions of juvenile offenders in jail? What were they charged with? If that's 0.5% of total juveniles released, should we detain for life the other 99.5%? Etc.

    If Obama released violent offenders and .1% or .001% or 40% ended up being murderers, those differences matter a great deal. If some non-trivial percentage turn out to become murderers, and some notion of justice is consistent with these people never released or held until deported, that's fine. If they were non-violent people whose only crime was crossing illegally, should we hold everyone detained forever or until deported? Do we have room to do that? Can the system process that many people?

    I won't click on the story because the Moonie Times crashes my old computer, but I doubt if they provide any useful context. Typically these are just bash immigrant pieces.

  6. #6
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: 121 murders attributed to illegals released by Obama administration

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Typically these are just bash immigrant pieces.
    No they aren't. They are bash ILLEGAL ALIEN pieces.

  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,197

    Re: 121 murders attributed to illegals released by Obama administration

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No they aren't. They are bash ILLEGAL ALIEN pieces.
    OK, fine. The rest of my comments still stand.

    Can you tell me how many people here on legal work permits or otherwise legal immigrants have committed violent crimes or murders or killed someone drunk driving? Can you compare that to native born in the same age groups?

    What share of those ILLEGALS released have committed crimes, including murder?

    Etc.

    Bottom line is we have millions of people here illegally - about 12 million or so. It would be shocking if NONE of those here illegally, or those hundreds of thousands at least going through the system didn't commit crimes, including occasionally murder. Take any population and you'll find some small percentage of criminals. The data show that immigrants (legal and illegal) are less likely to commit crimes than the native born. What does any of that mean? It requires context and I'd be shocked if the Moonie Times did anything but quote some figures out of all context.

  8. #8
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: 121 murders attributed to illegals released by Obama administration

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    OK, fine. The rest of my comments still stand.

    Can you tell me how many people here on legal work permits or otherwise legal immigrants have committed violent crimes or murders or killed someone drunk driving? Can you compare that to native born in the same age groups?

    What share of those ILLEGALS released have committed crimes, including murder?

    Etc.

    Bottom line is we have millions of people here illegally - about 12 million or so. It would be shocking if NONE of those here illegally, or those hundreds of thousands at least going through the system didn't commit crimes, including occasionally murder. Take any population and you'll find some small percentage of criminals. The data show that immigrants (legal and illegal) are less likely to commit crimes than the native born. What does any of that mean? It requires context and I'd be shocked if the Moonie Times did anything but quote some figures out of all context.
    NONE of that matters. Those here legally on visa are deported for such behavior. Those who immigrated legally are citizens and dealt with as citizens. The illegal population is not supposed to be here in the first place. Any crimes they commit are entirely due to our failure to defend our borders and our laws.

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,197

    Re: 121 murders attributed to illegals released by Obama administration

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    NONE of that matters. Those here legally on visa are deported for such behavior. Those who immigrated legally are citizens and dealt with as citizens. The illegal population is not supposed to be here in the first place. Any crimes they commit are entirely due to our failure to defend our borders and our laws.
    OK, got it. I guess we need the equivalent of the Berlin Wall for the entire southern and northern border, and a few hundred more prisons to hold everyone rounded up and detained on suspicion of being illegal, and Kangaroo courts with 2 minutes per charged person, and then a bus waiting after the "ILLEGAL" finding, so we can get those crimes down to zero. Land of the free!

  10. #10
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: 121 murders attributed to illegals released by Obama administration

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    OK, got it. I guess we need the equivalent of the Berlin Wall for the entire southern and northern border, and a few hundred more prisons to hold everyone rounded up and detained on suspicion of being illegal, and Kangaroo courts with 2 minutes per charged person, and then a bus waiting after the "ILLEGAL" finding, so we can get those crimes down to zero. Land of the free!
    Yeah, because hyperbole and exaggeration is always the answer when one's argument is shown to be specious.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •