Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 207

Thread: Mitt Romney: Look at how much money Hillary Clinton is making!

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,428

    Re: Mitt Romney: Look at how much money Hillary Clinton is making!

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Seems to me pointing out the extreme hypocrisy of the left is fair and reasonable.
    "Hypocrisy" -- I don't think that word means what you think it means.

    So, if you're a politician who advocates higher taxes on high incomes and a stronger social safety net -- but you yourself earn enough from various sources that you will pay some of those higher taxes and are unlikely to rely on that stronger safety net. A remarkable number of people look at that combination of personal and political positions and cry "Hypocrisy!"

    No, it isn't. Supporting policies that are to your personal financial disadvantage isn't hypocrisy, it's civic virtue.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  2. #22
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 10:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Mitt Romney: Look at how much money Hillary Clinton is making!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    He's entitled to speak his opinion just like you and I are, and he really isn't wrong. Democrats pointed to Romney as mega-wealthy and out of touch as a reason not to vote for him, and Hillary is the same thing. So, why would they vote for her?

    Mitt is pointing out a huge case of hypocrisy.
    I haven't heard anyone on the political left complain about a 1 percenter since they decided Hillary should be anointed POTUS.

    So Romney is right about the blatant hypocrisy from the left, Hillary included.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  3. #23
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    176,976

    Re: Mitt Romney: Look at how much money Hillary Clinton is making!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Ugh, yeah but they complain cause Republicans had more dead folks voting. That's a pretty legitimate reason to complain. At least make Democrats fully aware that there is no limit on how many dead folks can vote
    No No not the zombies again
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why would any sane person want to repeal the second (Amendment).
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Why would any sane person not want to?

  4. #24
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    41,668

    Re: Mitt Romney: Look at how much money Hillary Clinton is making!

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    No No not the zombies again
    People are always complaining about how much better things would be if the other guy had won. I honestly couldn't give less of a **** at this point. If you want your guy to win, get out, be an activist and get folks to vote. If your still don't win, then all you're doing is engaging in an exercise of mental masturbation about how much better things would if and only if, your loser had won. I'm speaking in an editorial manner, don't take it personally.

    I just find the whole thing is like fantasizing about whether Schwarzenegger would have made a better Rambo or Stallone a better Terminator. It's silly in the long term and any claim made about that person's hypothesized performance is completely unprovable because we have no idea how that person would have reacted after being sworn in and dealing with the real world that comes after the promises and photo-ops.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #25
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,543

    Re: Mitt Romney: Look at how much money Hillary Clinton is making!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    People are always complaining about how much better things would be if the other guy had won. I honestly couldn't give less of a **** at this point. If you want your guy to win, get out, be an activist and get folks to vote. If your still don't win, then all you're doing is engaging in an exercise of mental masturbation about how much better things would if and only if, your loser had won. I'm speaking in an editorial manner, don't take it personally.

    I just find the whole thing is like fantasizing about whether Schwarzenegger would have made a better Rambo or Stallone a better Terminator. It's silly in the long term and any claim made about that person's hypothesized performance is completely unprovable because we have no idea how that person would have reacted after being sworn in and dealing with the real world that comes after the promises and photo-ops.
    I don't think anyone disagrees with this, at least I don't. That doesn't mean Mitt doesn't make a good point though. And I'm not a Romney fan in the least.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    41,668

    Re: Mitt Romney: Look at how much money Hillary Clinton is making!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    I don't think anyone disagrees with this, at least I don't. That doesn't mean Mitt doesn't make a good point though. And I'm not a Romney fan in the least.
    I'm addressing all of the silly folks in this thread who pretend that their hypothetical are arguments for anything.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #27
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,283

    Re: Mitt Romney: Look at how much money Hillary Clinton is making!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    He's entitled to speak his opinion just like you and I are, and he really isn't wrong. Democrats pointed to Romney as mega-wealthy and out of touch as a reason not to vote for him, and Hillary is the same thing. So, why would they vote for her?

    Mitt is pointing out a huge case of hypocrisy.
    Democrats didn't have to point out Romney's wealthy elitism.....he did that all by himself when he spoke to a crowd of rich people about the 47%.

  8. #28
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,543

    Re: Mitt Romney: Look at how much money Hillary Clinton is making!

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Democrats didn't have to point out Romney's wealthy elitism.....he did that all by himself when he spoke to a crowd of rich people about the 47%.
    And, so Hillary Clinton is just a phony who is trying to trick her voters then?

  9. #29
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,168

    Re: Mitt Romney: Look at how much money Hillary Clinton is making!

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Which Republican doesn't represent part of the mega-wealthy? Rubio and that's pretty much it. Hillary and Mittens should both go back to wherever they came from so I never have to hear from them ever again.
    The funny thing is that the Democrats are essentially attacking Rubio for not being wealthy enough.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,283

    Re: Mitt Romney: Look at how much money Hillary Clinton is making!

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    I haven't heard anyone on the political left complain about a 1 percenter since they decided Hillary should be anointed POTUS.

    So Romney is right about the blatant hypocrisy from the left, Hillary included.
    Then maybe you need to pay more attention....


    "Top hedge fund managers make more than all kindergarten teachers combined...."

    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...rs-make-more-/

    That is so true.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •