Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 143

Thread: Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

  1. #131
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,741
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    He doesn't have to know to report what he is being told.
    A journalist shouldnt backup his sources with evidence, instead should just write what the government tells him without evidence or verification? Wow....
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  2. #132
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,458

    Re: Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    He doesn't have to know to report what he is being told.
    That's correct, because the press in that case acts as government stenographers, the PR arm of the intelligence agency, publishing unsourced press releases. That's all they're doing. That's the point.

    If you want to believe evidence free and anonymous press releases from government agencies repeatedly caught lying to the public and to Congress/UK legislators, that's your prerogative but some of us are a bit more skeptical and would like a name so we can hold them accountable and some evidence for what are extraordinary and explosive claims.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:15 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,588

    Re: Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    A journalist shouldnt backup his sources with evidence, instead should just write what the government tells him without evidence or verification? Wow....
    Holy **** your reply is as comical as it is lame.
    He doesn't have to "know" to report what he was told.
    Do you really not understand that?
    Many things are reported that way.
    Do you also not understand that?

    He reported what he was told. There is nothing wrong with that, especially as he made that clear.





    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    That's correct, because the press in that case acts as government stenographers, the PR arm of the intelligence agency, publishing unsourced press releases. That's all they're doing. That's the point.
    That may or may not be what is happening, but to assume it is, is absurd.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    some of us are a bit more skeptical
    Be skeptical if you want. But assuming is asinine.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #134
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,553

    Re: Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Actually, you continue to prove that you have no idea what Snowden did or did not do. You're making the same noises as a plugged toilet. Get some air man. You have cast aspersions with absolutely no factual basis or linked support. Many of the posters on this board were born at night, but it was not last night. You're passin' gas, my friend.
    No, you are just suffering from delusions. As has been pointed out over and over, Snowden's claims about what he has and doesn't have simply don't add up. He claimed that he gave everything he had to the reporters in Hong Kong, and yet was still releasing data after that point, and NSA has established that he took 1.7 million documents with him to Hong Kong, and only gave 200,000 to the press, leaving 1.5 million unaccounted for.

    There is not a chance that he was granted asylum in Russia by Putin, with all of the diplomatic baggage, without a quid pro quo.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #135
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,606

    Re: Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    No, you are just suffering from delusions. As has been pointed out over and over, Snowden's claims about what he has and doesn't have simply don't add up. He claimed that he gave everything he had to the reporters in Hong Kong, and yet was still releasing data after that point, and NSA has established that he took 1.7 million documents with him to Hong Kong, and only gave 200,000 to the press, leaving 1.5 million unaccounted for.

    There is not a chance that he was granted asylum in Russia by Putin, with all of the diplomatic baggage, without a quid pro quo.
    Once again, full of crap. Theoretically Snowden was in contact with 1.7 million documents, no other proof. Once again you are passing gas. Produce links that prove what you say, not what the gov't wants the Mass Media to say.

  6. #136
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,553

    Re: Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Once again, full of crap. Theoretically Snowden was in contact with 1.7 million documents, no other proof. Once again you are passing gas. Produce links that prove what you say, not what the gov't wants the Mass Media to say.
    The NSA released that number, what reason would they have to exaggerate the number of documents Snowden took? You are simply ignoring the facts because they interfere with your narrative.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  7. #137
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    17,822

    Re: Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    The NSA released that number, what reason would they have to exaggerate the number of documents Snowden took? You are simply ignoring the facts because they interfere with your narrative.
    Yeah man, we all know very well that the NSA would never deceive anybody....

    Their reputation for truthfulness is legend. They would NEVER spin facts.

  8. #138
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,553

    Re: Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Yeah man, we all know very well that the NSA would never deceive anybody.
    Or Putin. But I see you didn't answer the question: What reason could the NSA have for exaggerating the size of the theft?

    Also, what reason would Putin have for granting political asylum to Snowden? Why did Snowden move to the Russian Consulate in Hong Kong while negotiating asylum in Iceland?

    Their reputation for truthfulness is legend. They would NEVER spin facts.
    Why would they spin facts to make the theft appear larger than it was?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #139
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    17,822

    Re: Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Or Putin. But I see you didn't answer the question: What reason could the NSA have for exaggerating the size of the theft?

    Also, what reason would Putin have for granting political asylum to Snowden? Why did Snowden move to the Russian Consulate in Hong Kong while negotiating asylum in Iceland?



    Why would they spin facts to make the theft appear larger than it was?
    Snowden was a gift to Russian PR and Putin, nearly a gift from heaven. A major propaganda gift, sent from heaven.

    If the NSA command had treated Thomas Drake and others differently, Snowden might not have been driven there, but if a frog had wings...

    I don't work for NSA and never have, so I am unqualified to give any sort of accurate answer as to why NSA did what they did.

    I can speculate however, just like you, and can say that they can spin using reverse psychology or any other style of misdirection and deception. Our media is so damn gullible they believe whatever the spy agencies say, no questions asked. Go figure.

  10. #140
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,553

    Re: Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Snowden was a gift to Russian PR and Putin, nearly a gift from heaven. A major propaganda gift, sent from heaven.
    It wasn't a propaganda gift, it is diplomatic poison. If Putin was interested in international propaganda he wouldn't have annexed the Crimea.

    If the NSA command had treated Thomas Drake and others differently, Snowden might not have been driven there, but if a frog had wings...
    You meant he guy who was cleared of all charges two years before Snowden did anything? Yeah, he must have been really scared that he might not be convicted and go on to be interviewed by the daily show and enter the speaking circuit and a lucrative career as a fourth amendment proponent. He must have been terrified.

    I don't work for NSA and never have, so I am unqualified to give any sort of accurate answer as to why NSA did what they did.
    But you are qualified to declare it is a lie? How strange!

    I can speculate however, just like you, and can say that they can spin using reverse psychology or any other style of misdirection and deception. Our media is so damn gullible they believe whatever the spy agencies say, no questions asked. Go figure.
    If you recall, the hold over in Russia was spun as an unwanted intrusion by the Russians when in fact it was a planned trip by the Russians in Hong Kong. If it was a propaganda event there would be no reason for such a ruse.

    As was pointed out in the articles I posted, Snowden was still releasing information after he claimed to have turned over all the documents to the journalists in Hong Kong.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •