Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 143

Thread: Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

  1. #101
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,301

    Re: Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Yes, and if you are old enough (I doubt you are) you were aghast, shocked I say, at what Daniel Ellsberg did too.

    Does this mean you are proud and supportive of our institutionalized torture?

    Of course I'm old enough to remember! The difference between Snowden and Ellberg is one did it for money and the other was just naive.

    Institutionalized torture is now banned by the Obama administration. What's your point?

    And no I'm not big on torture. It provides lots of false information due to the desperation of the detainee.

    And contrary to our last president and vp, waterboarding IS torture which is obvious to anyone that is familiar with it.
    Last edited by EnigmaO01; 06-16-15 at 11:08 AM. Reason: A

  2. #102
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    27,250

    Re: Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

    I knew this was total bull****. Shame on you Rupert Murdoch!

    The Sunday Times sends DMCA notice to critics of Snowden hacking story | Ars Technica
    PeteEU

  3. #103
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,967

    Re: Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    I knew this was total bull****. Shame on you Rupert Murdoch!

    The Sunday Times sends DMCA notice to critics of Snowden hacking story | Ars Technica
    The linked CNN interview of that hack was priceless. Paraphrased hack: "We don't know anything. Someone told us some extraordinary and explosive allegations, we granted him or her anonymity, dutifully wrote it all down as dictated, and published it without the slightest shred of evidence to back up a single allegation! Thanks for having me on!"

    My favorite is the piece asserts Snowden has "blood on his hands" but then says there is no evidence whatsoever that anyone has actually come to any harm. Not even a paper cut.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

    So once again, Snowden lives!!!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #105
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,328

    Re: Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Obama is prosecuting whistleblowers beyond the pace of his predecessors, though candidate Obama promised otherwise. While I wish he could have found an alternative, he couldn't have done as you suggested.
    Turning top secret data over to foreign countries is never justified. If Obama wasn't to be trusted then he could have reached out to members of Congress, or the press. He just ignored every avenue available to him and committed treason instead.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  6. #106
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,352

    Re: Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Turning top secret data over to foreign countries is never justified. If Obama wasn't to be trusted then he could have reached out to members of Congress, or the press. He just ignored every avenue available to him and committed treason instead.
    Bull****.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  7. #107
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,328

    Re: Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Bull****.
    Brilliant counter argument.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  8. #108
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,938
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

    Downing Street believes that Russian and Chinese intelligence agencies have used documents from whistleblower Edward Snowden to identify British and US secret agents, according to a report in the Sunday Times.

    The newspaper says MI6, Britainís Secret Intelligence Service, has withdrawn agents from overseas operations because Russian security services had broken into encrypted files held by American computer analyst Snowden.

    [...]

    Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6


    This person is not a hero.
    This reporter is a hell of a ****ty reporter: "we just publish what we believe to be the position of the British government."
    "Um... well... I don't know the answer to that, George. Um.... All we know is that... um... this is effectively the official position of the British government. Um.... we picked up on it... um... a while ago. And we've been working on it and trying to stand it up through multiple sources. And when we approached the British government late last week with our evidence, they confirmed, effectively, what you read today in the Sunday Times."

    Nothing like running a story without questioning it, especially the 'official government position', then reporting it as 100% fact. Essentially the UK government made a claim, didnt back up the claim with evidence, and the Sunday Times reported it as 100% fact as an event that actually happened without any substantial proof.
    https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...told-him.shtml
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  9. #109
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,352

    Re: Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Brilliant counter argument.
    The brilliance is that you had nothing to back up your original claim.

    That's how science works. You make a claim. Now you have to prove it.

    Until then, I'm in the right to say that your claim is b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-bull****.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  10. #110
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,328

    Re: Russia and China broke into Snowden files to identify western spies, says MI6

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    The brilliance is that you had nothing to back up your original claim.

    That's how science works. You make a claim. Now you have to prove it.

    Until then, I'm in the right to say that your claim is b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-bull****.
    Hahahah! Science? Are you being serious?

    So are you saying that Snowden was incapable of contacting Congressman or the Press and that his only avenue was to release massive amounts of classified data to the Russians?

    To that I say "Bull****".
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •