Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 398

Thread: Tamir Rice:Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing 12 year-old[W:262]

  1. #71
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,604

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    it isn't the law you are making it up in an attempt to justify your bias against the police.
    My bias against the police?

    Wow!

    I suppose I should probably let you ponder that for a while.

  2. #72
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,276

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    It's hard because the police seemed to have acted way too fast without taking anything into consideration.

    But at the same time, the way that kid was pointing the pellet gun... And it's not like these things look like toys.

    I mean, look at the M1911 pellet gun.

    Attachment 67185536

    It's definitely going to be tough. I don't know if murder is the right sentence though. And for that reason, I think that if he goes to court with a murder charge, it's most likely going to be dropped.
    Tamir Rice NEVER pointed the toy at the police.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  3. #73
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,604

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Lol. That's funny, you cannot accuse Lutherf of an anti-police bias!
    I was kind of thinking the same thing.

  4. #74
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,916

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Let's hope this starts a trend, and we settle police brutality in open court rather than secret grand juries.
    How about there rather than mob justice and in the media too?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  5. #75
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,916

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    It's without a doubt that the cop is going to get roasted in civil and criminal court (somehow).

    I just cannot, personally, see this as being MURDER.

    Also, this was from a previous thread months ago. This was the EXACT pellet gun the kid was holding at the scene.

    Attachment 67185540

    Looks like a 1911 to me. And it sure as hell looked like one to the cop.
    Yea. That damn sure looks real. And in the time of mass shootings being common? I would understand being paranoid about it. But then again...game wardens approach armed people all the time without shooting them.

    Maybe we should stop hiring cops who have never fired a gun before?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  6. #76
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,916

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    It wasn't premeditated but from what I saw the cop rolled up right on top of the kid and started pulling the trigger. It may have been the worst display of tactics I have ever seen. There was no attempt to diffuse the situation and, as far as I could tell, nobody else was in the immediate vicinity so there wasn't an imminent threat to public safety.
    Still doesn't make it murder given the circumstances. Just like we found in the Zimmerman case...stupidity does not equate to murder. I'm guessing this is manslaughter.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    40,836

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, that came when the perp reached for his weapon.
    There was no perp because there was no crime being perpetrated. You're having trouble with definitions again.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #78
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,354

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Hyperbole much?

    1. It was a 12 year old kid.

    2. It was not a real gun, rather a BB gun which is legal.

    3. The kid was just doing as kids do, playing.

    4. The kid was not breaking the law.
    WHat in what i said was hyperbole? Was he in fact walking up and down the sidewalk terrorizing people to the point that it was called in to the police? Did the police respond to a "man with a gun" call? Did he in fact jump up when the cops arrived and raise his shirt and reach for his weapon?

    The police should stop responding to calls til after everything is nice and clear. Then go in and take statements and investigate.

  9. #79
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,604

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Still doesn't make it murder given the circumstances. Just like we found in the Zimmerman case...stupidity does not equate to murder. I'm guessing this is manslaughter.
    If I'm reading Ohio murder statutes correctly then they could come up with a first degree (Aggravated Murder) charge as Rice was under the age of 13. They would need to prove that the cops actions were intentional and that may be difficult. However, if this gets in front of a jury I figure that Reckless Homicide is a given.

    You also mentioned Zimmerman and I just want to note that his situation was somewhat different in that he had no idea that he was going into a potentially deadly situation. That's a significant distinction.

  10. #80
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,276

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    they didn't now it was a bb gun. the kid had removed the orange signal tip to show that it was a bb gun. without the tip it really does look a like 1911 colt.
    I hope you would use more logic in your posts on things like this.

    the cops can't tell at a distance more so with it in his pants that it is a bb gun. if you look at the gun itself it looks very real.
    and a 45 cal gun is nothing to sneeze at. it can do some serious damage.
    The police never saw the tip, because Tamir Rice never withdrew the toy from within his waistband. So your point is moot.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •