Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 398

Thread: Tamir Rice:Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing 12 year-old[W:262]

  1. #231
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 02:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Gotcha. Apparently I misread your comment.
    Happens.

  2. #232
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,883

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    say what you want. it doesn't matter. the video clearly shows him lifting up his shirt and reaching for something in the front of his pants. your bias is your bias.
    For something, and IMO reaching for "something" under your shirt isn't a license for police to shoot and kill you.

    being black doesn't have anything to do with it and the fact you have to try and pull the race card shows how bad your argument really is.
    Yeah, there is no evidence anywhere that police treat blacks differently than whites....

    however the bigger question is why is in he in a public park pointing guns around in random directions.
    He's a child and they do stupid things. It's part of the job description.

  3. #233
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,419

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Oh FFS

    If you're in a court room and someone pulls a gun you will probably be in a situation where others are in immediate danger and the prospect of escape is hindered by stuff like doors, walls and furniture. In such a situation you shoot until the threat is eliminated.

    In the Tamir Rice situation there was no other person in imminent danger and if the cops had used so much as a shred of common sense and even half decent tactics they could have avoided danger while still communicating with the kid. If, after trying to communicate with the kid, he went hostile then they would be reasonable in taking him out by whatever means necessary including deadly force. However, they never exercised that option. They simply went for the throat and in doing so caused themselves and the suspect to be put in a life or death situation. That's just plain reckless.

    Look, I've actually been in two very similar situations as a cop in the military. In both cases I approached, used my vehicle for cover and addressed the situation. In both cases the suspect was quite obviously armed but in neither case did they present enough of a threat that I had to shoot them. Why? Because I didn't put myself in a situation where that was the only option I had!
    You offered a perfectly reasonable response to what is presented as a realistic immediate threat, even though it turns out...it was a toy gun. Hell...to your credit...you were HONEST in your response. Some would do this dance about waiting to determine if it was a real gun or some other bull****. Kudos...you said what would have realistically occurred. Because that is a realistic response to what happens when cops (or court officers) are presented with an imminent deadly threat. They dont have the time to stop, assess, calculate, estimate, etc. They respond. Just like a cop that rolled up on a call about a man with a gun threatening people with the gun (and the evidence proved that is what happens) and when the cops rolled up, the man with the gun jumps up, pulls up his shirt SHOWING the gun and reaches for it.

    Its a tragic situation...one created by the kid and his grandmama for not dealing with it when she found out he was doing it in the first place. Its not murder.

  4. #234
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,419

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    never said it was murder. but the cop needs to be convicted.
    Yeah...guilty of doing his job.

  5. #235
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-30-16 @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,614

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    But the gun could have been pink with flowers on it, and the police couldn't have known because he wasn't holding the gun when he was shot. It was still wherever he had it. In his belt or a pocket. We can't see from the video.



    Bottom line is at a minimum it appears the police handled this poorly from start to finish and if it appears on any training video, an example of how to mishandle what should be a routine call. And it cost Rice his life, so we are talking about it. I think people defending the cops here are giving the profession a bad name by trying to defend incompetence and tell us incompetence is in fact an appropriate police response to this situation.
    I don't see that the cops handled it wrong at all. No audio, so we don't know what was said, but clearly the kid was aggressive (moved towards police and reached into waistband) and was not surrendering or making himself non-threatening. In such an instance, what are the cops supposed to do, wait until the perp shoots at them?
    Be sure to work hard and get lots of overtime. People on welfare want more steaks and free upgrades to smart phones with unlimited data packages.

  6. #236
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,444

    Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 ye...

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Attachment 67185560

    One is a Pellet Gun, the other a .44 Magnum. Your a cop, visibility is poor. Can you choose which is which in less than 2 sec?
    I am going to go for the one with the hammer down. Just a guess lol

    But then again...
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  7. #237
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    07-24-17 @ 09:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,693

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    most toys guns are required by law to have an orange tip on it. bb guns are the exception for some reason.
    they are not required to have an orange tip.
    Yes, but those tips are easily removed or painted over.
    which is illegal and the number 1 reason most kids are shot by not following the rules.
    Yet another lie.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_issues_in_airsoft

    @ Hatuey
    Your reply was you not following the conversation between ludin and CRUE CAB.
    He clearly made a distinction
    As such, your calling what he said a lie, is a lie.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #238
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    41,337

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    i don't have to explain to you nothing i said. so you just continue your inane ranting no one is listen and i am not going to respond to you again in this thread
    since you don't have the ability to know what you are talking about.
    Continuing to repeat it won't make your lie true.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #239
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    07-10-17 @ 01:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    I don't see that the cops handled it wrong at all. No audio, so we don't know what was said, but clearly the kid was aggressive (moved towards police and reached into waistband) and was not surrendering or making himself non-threatening. In such an instance, what are the cops supposed to do, wait until the perp shoots at them?
    Walking towards a cop and reaching in one's waistband does not make someone "aggressive" in any world. It might make someone WONDER if they are aggressive, but it doesn't actually make them aggressive. Furthermore, cops aren't supposed to come into a scene like that and immediately shoot someone, ESPECIALLY IN AN OPEN CARRY STATE.

    The cops ****ed up.

  10. #240
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    28,159

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    But the gun could have been pink with flowers on it, and the police couldn't have known because he wasn't holding the gun when he was shot. It was still wherever he had it. In his belt or a pocket. We can't see from the video.
    He doesn't have to be holding it what part of this don't you understand. all he has to do is reach for it.


    Bottom line is at a minimum it appears the police handled this poorly from start to finish and if it appears on any training video, an example of how to mishandle what should be a routine call. And it cost Rice his life, so we are talking about it. I think people defending the cops here are giving the profession a bad name by trying to defend incompetence and tell us incompetence is in fact an appropriate police response to this situation.
    you are making assumptions. good thing you are not a cop or else i have a feeling you would be in a body bag as you would get killed.
    you lack proper judgment in a situation that could cost someone else their life including your own. this is evident by your posts.

    cops aren't perfect we don't expect them to be, and when they screw up. see the guy at the pool party, or the guy that shot the other guy running away and planting the taser on him.
    then we expect appropriate punishment to be handed down.

    this case the cops will not go on trial for murder.

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •