Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 398

Thread: Tamir Rice:Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing 12 year-old[W:262]

  1. #201
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    41,666

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    not from what I saw on the tape.

    and unlike you, I have both had to shoot someone and to defend cops shooting people before judges and juries. the cop screwed up royally in this case
    I am being extremely facetious. It's why I gave your post a like.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #202
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,739

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Yes, but those tips are easily removed or painted over.
    which is illegal and the number 1 reason most kids are shot by not following the rules.

  3. #203
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 12:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It absolutely shows that the judge has more influence then Excon does.

    Still not supporting what you said. Figures
    And this has to be one of the lamest replies I have ever seen.
    This isn't about me, or do you not know that?


    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    And there's plenty of people here, and on other forums, and on the radio and TV who have seen the video, and agree with the judge, and not with you.
    Argumentum ad populum More logical fallacy.
    It has as much meaning as if I had said the following: There's plenty of people here, and on other forums, and on the radio and TV who have seen the video, and agree with what I havew said and not with you or the Judge.

    Again just showing that you have no valid argument and can not refute the arguments made.


    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    But from what I've seen from you, a cop could walk up to anybody and shoot them and you'd defend him.
    Just more nonsense form you. It really is all you have.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #204
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    41,666

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    which is illegal and the number 1 reason most kids are shot by not following the rules.
    Yet another lie.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_issues_in_airsoft

    Although airsoft guns in the United States are generally sold with a 6mm (0.24in.) or longer orange tip on the barrel in order to distinguish them from real firearms, this is not required by federal law.

    ..This language clearly exempts airsoft guns from these requirements, placing them in the same category as bb-guns, pellet, air, and paintball, none of which are conventionally sold or used with an orange tip, and many of which bear as much resemblance to real firearms as airsoft guns do.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #205
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,713
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    I am not privy to the evidence the grand jury will consider, which apparently consists of far more than just this video we see on the internet.
    Iduring a grand jury t's just the prosecutor presenting evidence in front of a jury and the procedure is secret. So a cop friendly prosecutor can just flub the case and call it a day.

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 02:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    If the cops on the job now are such whiney pansies that they'll walk off it because citizens who pay their salaries and who they are sworn to serve complain about the use of deadly force, good riddance to them all. They are clearly in the wrong profession and have the attitude we owe them gratitude and not extreme skepticism when they kill unarmed citizens.

    I don't believe that, however. What these incidents do is give the good cops a bad name, especially when the actions are defended as appropriate.

    I can understand there being legitimate disagreement about whether or not a murder charge is appropriate. I suspect the officer was trying to do a good job and made a tragic mistake in the blink of an eye. The reason I support a trial is that's the standard that would apply if that kid shot someone - we wouldn't be giving him the benefit of the doubt if the victim was a white man with a carry permit reaching for his wallet.

    But what I can't understand is pretending that this officer did his job well, or handled the situation appropriately.
    Who wants to be in a profession where every move you make is dissected by every member of the media, race baiters, "concerned" citizen", your own mayor and boss.
    Looking to roll you under a bus to "keep the peace" with said race pimps and left media. Neither of whom have ever risked a damn thing in their lives.

  7. #207
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,739

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    For his belt? If so that's not a threat... That's my point. If you watch the longer video, I can't tell the difference between him reaching for his gun and when he reached for his PHONE.
    reaching for a gun in his belt is a thread. you lose.


    At face value means the caller repeatedly said the gun is possibly/likely fake. There were not shots fired, no reports of assault, no reports of rape or murder. Someone waiving what is possibly/probably a fake gun was the call.
    possibly is the key word here and the cops can't take that it is fake at face value. shots don't have to be fired. there doesn't need the rest of your made up reasoning either.
    yep and that is a threat that the police responded to. someone waving a gun in a park.

    The kindergarten comment was sarcasm, as you know. The sideways point is kids point fake guns at other people all the time, from a very young age. It's not a good idea and probably frowned upon these days, but it's not a capital offense.
    no it wasn't your attempt at a strawman argument and a poor attempt to try and frame the argument with you appeals to emotion arguments.

    Belt? Or pocket? Pulling up his drawers? Reaching for the gun to show them it's fake? We don't know, and the police didn't have time to do anything but shoot and kill him.
    he was walking toward them pulling up his shirt and reaching for a gun. they didn't know if it was fake or not.

    the logical thing to do was sit there and not do anything until the police tell him what to do.

    What threat did the kid communicate to the cops that is more serious than you reaching inside your jacket? If the cops roll up on you and you reach for your ID, then they should, according to your theory, shoot you in the chest and kill you.
    walking toward me showing a gun and reaching for it is a threat. me not doing anything and putting my hand inside of a jacket is not a threat.
    why would I have my ID inside my jacket? next if they did I would tell them I have a gun and where it is located at.

    if I ran at them opened my jacket and reached for a gun then I would expect to get shot.


    But he'd been sitting at the table for several minutes, and the cops didn't review the video, so didn't see any of that. They had a report that said he was pointing what is probably/possibly a fake gun.
    probably and possibly are irrelevant. and nothing they can go on.


    There was no one nearby when they killed Rice, he was pointing at no one when he was killed.
    they didn't have to be. there was people evidently around earlier as someone called the cops about it. if you watch the video I would be concerned with someone
    running around pointing a gun in random directions at people.

    of course I wouldn't do that because I have been taught proper gun handing skills and know how to handle guns in general. rule 1 you never point a gun at anything unless you intend
    to shoot it.

    And I thought you said the police's own safety was key. Now it's bystanders? OK, but what threat did he pose at that moment to anyone?
    you are assuming the cops are psychic and know ever detail.

    the only thing they know is a guy in a park with a gun. to them that is all that matters.
    next guy with gun gets up pulls up his shirt and reaches for the gun.


    Of course they shot with the intent to kill. That's what they're trained to do.
    appeals to emotion are not arguments.


    No, but if they suspect it's fake it absolutely changes the acceptable options. You're demanding they use no common sense and treat all threats the same.
    you are demanding they be psychic and know exactly all details of a situation. I would have shot to had I saw someone walking towards me with their shirt pulled up reaching for a gun.

    Call about multiple gunshots, person down feared dead, suspect was last seen at so and so park is just NOT THE SAME AS "hey, there's this person waving around a gun, I think it might be fake, but he's scaring people." Those are not equivalent situations and treating them as such is a failure of their duty.
    this is your biased wrong opinion. there is no need to have a call with multiple guns shots and people possibly dead for the cops to do what they did.
    person waving a gun around is enough for them to be in full alert mode.

    nope their is no failure in their duty. they did their job as trained in that situation. unfortunately for them a kid was killed, however that kid should have never been in a park waving a gun around either.

  8. #208
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-30-16 @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,614

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    deserteagle.JPG

    One is a Pellet Gun, the other a .44 Magnum. Your a cop, visibility is poor. Can you choose which is which in less than 2 sec?
    Be sure to work hard and get lots of overtime. People on welfare want more steaks and free upgrades to smart phones with unlimited data packages.

  9. #209
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,739

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    it isn't a lie if you would have read what I said earlier and read what I was posting to. your strawman fails.

  10. #210
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    41,666

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    it isn't a lie
    It is a lie because it's not a legal requirement to have a damn orange tip on an air soft gun. If it's not a legal requirement to have it, how the hell can it be illegal to remove it? You're saying he broke a law that doesn't exist? Get serious ludin and stop insulting the intelligence of this forum's members.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •