Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 398

Thread: Tamir Rice:Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing 12 year-old[W:262]

  1. #151
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,619

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Reaching for your gun is a lethal threat.
    You dont know if someone is reaching for a gun. Until their hand touches a gun.
    Is society was made of coral our world would be floral.

  2. #152
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,161

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Like I said before, proof is for trials where all the evidence can be presented. What's at issue right now is whether a trial is warranted or not and, based on what has thus far been presented, there is absolutely reasonable cause to send this sucker to trial.
    no there isn't, and the grand jury will probably come back with that there is not enough evidence to support that conclusion either.

  3. #153
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,810

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    I wonder why cops are so gun-ho now days....

    When their recruitment ads look like they are trying to recruit people who are too scared to join the military but still get to shoot stuff.



    Join your local police army today! And maybe someone will give you an excuse to legally shoot them.

    Lol they even have a little warhawk on their badge! lololol
    As soon as you went 'there' you might as well have LITERALLY held up a white flag of surrender.

  4. #154
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,161

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    I am not sure what you are saying. According to the article linked to in the OP, Ohio law authorizes private citizens to petition a judge to recommend that a person be indicted for certain crimes. That is what this municipal court judge did, but his power is only advisory. The article says the District Attorney intends to use a grand jury, as his office usually has in cases like this.
    Yep and there is nothing in the video that would cause the grand jury to send this to a trial. if they do then it is all political and not anything other than that.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    09-08-15 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    He wasn't holding any gun. There was no chance for the police to see if it was real because he never actually pulled the gun out. He was shot.
    That vid is not good enough for you to see any of that.

  6. #156
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,061

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The second he jumped up, raised his shirt, and reached for the weapon, he gave the cops every reason to shoot him.
    That's true. What you're failing to acknowledge is that the cops are the ones who created the exigent circumstances. There was ample opportunity to handle the incident in a less aggressive manner and the cops chose not to.

    Look, for the sake of argument, if the cops had pulled up 50' away from him and ordered him to put his hands up and then the kid reached for the gun I'd be on their side. If the kid had the gun out and was pointing it at someone else in the area when they pulled up I'd be OK with the tactic that they used but neither of those scenarios is what actually happened.

  7. #157
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    12,119
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    No...its not and you just advocated that a man be killed in cold blood for playing with a toy.
    I didn't know Tamir Rice was in a crowded room and threatened to kill everyone! How did the squad car get into the building?

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    09-08-15 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Right because citizens should accept that the police state has the right to kill us and if we protest their use of deadly force they should walk off the job. Freedom and liberty!
    Good luck fighting off the criminals.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    09-08-15 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    No...its not and you just advocated that a man be killed in cold blood for playing with a toy.
    Then don't make toys look like real guns.

  10. #160
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,161

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    But you can't tell from the video that he reached for the gun, pulled anything out, instead of reaching for his phone or pulling up his pants.

    And if you'll kill someone on mere suspicion, I hope you don't have a carry permit. It's why I'm not a big fan - people armed and ready to kill because they think there MIGHT be a threat is not my idea of a good thing.
    sure you can. you can see him pull up his shirt and reach for his belt.
    You attempting to pull a gun in your pants out is considered a threat. there is no might about it.


    The caller said several times it might be fake. I hope you stay away from playgrounds. Kids playing cops and robbers and you might have to take out the whole kindergarten class.
    might be fake is irrelevant and the police can't go on might. they have to take the call at face value. there is a guy in the park pointing a gun in different directions.
    and now the strawman occurs. way to make an invalid point.

    And you know he was reaching for a gun how?
    You can see it in the video him reaching for his belt.

    Let's assume you've got a gun in a shoulder holster. Do I get to assume that when you're reaching into your inner jacket pocket you're reaching for a gun and blow you away cause I'm skeered? Or should the standard be you pose an actual threat, pull the gun, threaten me, yell at me, something to indicate your intention is to 1) pull your gun and 2) use it to kill me? Women who carry a gun in their purse. What standard do I use to shoot them - when they put their hand in the purse or when they pull out a gun? Etc.....
    again your strawmans and stacked hypotheticals don't hold up. you can't shot me for just having a gun in a holster. I have to be showing some kind of threat.
    IE if we are arguing and I reach into my jacket and you see it then yes.

    this kid was pulling the gun and pointing it in random directions that can be seeing in the video.

    Why is their safety key, and not the civilians they're job is to protect?
    they were protecting the other people in the park from someone randomly pointing a gun at them.


    They shot the kid with the intent to kill, then stood around for 4 minutes watching him die. How would an execution be any different?
    prove they shot him with the intent to kill you bias is getting in the way of reason and logic. they didn't stand around 4 minutes.
    they called in an ambulance and he died in the hospital from the wound.

    it wasn't an execution that is simply an appeal to emotion argument.

    Fake guns, guns that the caller suspected and told 911 she thought were fake.
    the police can't take that on her word. nor should they. it wasn't a fake gun it was a bb gun. while not life threatening can still cause injury to other people if they are shot with it.
    the fact is they can't take someone's word that it is a fake gun.

    more so when the person isn't sure.

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •