Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 398

Thread: Tamir Rice:Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing 12 year-old[W:262]

  1. #101
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,742

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    My bias against the police?

    Wow!

    I suppose I should probably let you ponder that for a while.
    your the one saying the police broke the law but have failed to prove it.

  2. #102
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,742

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    The police never saw the tip, because Tamir Rice never withdrew the toy from within his waistband. So your point is moot.
    not at all. he reached for it. he doesn't have to pull it out. reaching for a weapon is considered threat enough.

  3. #103
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,388

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    How about you answer my question before you start asking questions of your own?

    Anyway... I dunno if they decided to execute the kid because none of their actions make any sense to me. They had no reason to pull up like that. That's not being jumpy, because they were in fact overly aggressive. It was the cops who ran up on the kid. It was the cops were pulled their weapons first (I know this because the kid only had time to lift his shirt before being shot).

    What was done seals their guilt, not what I think they should have done.
    I don't disagree that they acted stupidly. And what was said on the radio?

    But you know they didn't decide to execute the kid. You know it was stupidity. I agree it doesn't make sense. But I'm looking at it from the simplest perspective I can. They heard gun. They saw gun. Their tactics were stupid and negligent. But murder? No. Civil suits? Hell yes. Lesser criminal/felony? Yes.

    I have no idea what was on the rAdio.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,703

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    your the one saying the police broke the law but have failed to prove it.
    It's my opinion that they broke the law. If it goes to trial then it's up to an attorney to prove it to a jury.

  5. #105
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,124
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Cops are trained to get as close to a "threat" as possible so that cops can't maneuver. Cops are trained not to give any commands to a suspect. Cops are trained to open fire on a suspect as soon as they approach.

    If this is the training cops receive then the shooting was justified.

  6. #106
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,388

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Cops are trained to get as close to a "threat" as possible so that cops can't maneuver. Cops are trained not to give any commands to a suspect. Cops are trained to open fire on a suspect as soon as they approach.

    If this is the training cops receive then the shooting was justified.
    This is all based on your vast experience as a law enforcement officer, your extensive time on their training committees, and your own personal experience as law enforcement right?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  7. #107
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    It's my opinion that they broke the law. If it goes to trial then it's up to an attorney to prove it to a jury.
    Responding to a lethal threat with lethal force is allowed.
    So what law supersedes this and exactly how did they break it.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #108
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,435

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Here's the video if someone hasn't seen it, I didn't see it was posted in the thread yet.

    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  9. #109
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,703

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Responding to a lethal threat with lethal force is allowed.
    So what law supersedes this and exactly how did they break it.
    As a general rule, you can not claim self defense if you are the one who knowingly and willingly put yourself in a situation where it's reasonable that deadly force would be necessary UNLESS you are doing so to protect someone else who is imminent danger of death or great bodily harm. In this specific circumstance no such threat existed until the cops arrived in the manner they did. The basic principle is that you can't walk up to someone and smack them in the nose then claim self defense for shooting them when they hit you back.

    It's totally understandable that this kid was deemed to be a threat. There is nothing unreasonable about a bystander calling the cops and saying "there's a kid waving a gun around" because that's exactly what was happening. It was also perfectly reasonable for the cops to show and stop that behavior. What is unreasonable is the manner in which the kid was stopped. The cops were WAY more aggressive than the situation called for.

  10. #110
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,728

    Re: Tamir Rice: Judge finds cause for Murder charge over police killing of 12 year-o

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Wow, that's bizarre.

    The thing is if it was your kid you'd be outraged, and rightly so. But it's some other kid, so f'em right? Cops don't have time to figure shiate out, shoot the kids dead and let god sort it out.
    How is that bizrre? Have you watched the video of the entire event or have you bought into the bull****? Heres a picture of the cute widdle victim. The image is softened...he looks just like an angel...and not some piece of **** walking up and down sidewalks threatening people with a gun.

    My kids were raised better than that. That pathetic "what if it were your kids" appeal to emotionalism is just embarrassing. If it was my kids they wouldnt have an airsoft gun that looked like a real gun. If it was my kid and I knew, like his grandma did, that he had been taking it to school and menacing people with it he would have lost the 'toy' a long time ago.

    This is a case where his guardian knew of his actions and behaviors, didnt do **** about them, and because of that he thought he was being a badass threatening strangers in a park and it got him shot. Period.

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •