Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 329

Thread: Bernie Sanders wants to take back “family values” from the GOP

  1. #271
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Bernie Sanders wants to take back “family values” from the GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I find that to be without merit. Public unions shouldn't exist
    Yeah right, as well as food aid for the poor or aid for the disabled.

    I find nothing wrong with this whatsoever.

    After 1960 public sector unions grew rapidly and secured good wages and high pensions for their members.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Publ...or_trade_union

    Its conservatives that hate the union.

    Public sector unions came under heavy attack especially in Wisconsin, as well as Indiana, New Jersey and Ohio from conservative Republican legislatures.[19][20] 2012 update.[21] Conservative state legislatures tried to drastically reduce the abilities of unions to collectively bargain. Conservatives argued that public unions were too powerful since they helped elect their bosses, and that overly generous pension systems were too heavy a drain on state budgets.[22]
    Last edited by Montecresto; 06-15-15 at 10:34 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #272
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    173,989

    Re: Bernie Sanders wants to take back “family values” from the GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yeah right, as well as food aid for the poor or aid for the disabled.

    I find nothing wrong with this whatsoever.

    After 1960 public sector unions grew rapidly and secured good wages and high pensions for their members.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Publ...or_trade_union

    Its conservatives that hate the union.

    Public sector unions came under heavy attack especially in Wisconsin, as well as Indiana, New Jersey and Ohio from conservative Republican legislatures.[19][20] 2012 update.[21] Conservative state legislatures tried to drastically reduce the abilities of unions to collectively bargain. Conservatives argued that public unions were too powerful since they helped elect their bosses, and that overly generous pension systems were too heavy a drain on state budgets.[22]
    Even FDR was against them. they are nothing more than a leach on public tax payers. Unlike REAL unions who represent their members in negotiations with employers, Public sector unions usually are "bargaining" with those who don't represent the interests of the tax payers but are often politicians who are beholden to those unions for their continued re-election.

    public sector unions do nothing to guarantee the quality of the labor the provide and serve no useful purpose for the public
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  3. #273
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Bernie Sanders wants to take back “family values” from the GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Even FDR was against them. they are nothing more than a leach on public tax payers. Unlike REAL unions who represent their members in negotiations with employers, Public sector unions usually are "bargaining" with those who don't represent the interests of the tax payers but are often politicians who are beholden to those unions for their continued re-election.

    public sector unions do nothing to guarantee the quality of the labor the provide and serve no useful purpose for the public
    Good wages and higher pensions are good things.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #274
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    173,989

    Re: Bernie Sanders wants to take back “family values” from the GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Good wages and higher pensions are good things.
    not if they are solely the result of a public sector union in cahoots with public officials who are more worried about protecting their union votes than what is best for the taxpayers they are supposed to represent
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  5. #275
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Bernie Sanders wants to take back “family values” from the GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    not if they are solely the result of a public sector union in cahoots with public officials who are more worried about protecting their union votes than what is best for the taxpayers they are supposed to represent
    I don't care about public officials motives. Higher wages and pensions is good for Americans.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #276
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    173,989

    Re: Bernie Sanders wants to take back “family values” from the GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I don't care about public officials motives. Higher wages and pensions is good for Americans.
    Not when it means other Americans have to pay more taxes and get lower quality services as as result
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  7. #277
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,711

    Re: Bernie Sanders wants to take back “family values” from the GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    You're so partisan that you can't recognize that there are many issues that the American people can come together on. I actually feel bad for you. You have a sad life.


    Just out of curiosity...do you actually KNOW what they 'agreed' on? And are you TRULY stupid enough to believe that Bernie Sanders agrees with republicans on 80% of the issues?

  8. #278
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Bernie Sanders wants to take back “family values” from the GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Not when it means other Americans have to pay more taxes and get lower quality services as as result
    Americans don't get lower quality service for the taxes they pay. You'd find out as soon as you got your wish to live in a right wing libertarian run country that it wouldn't be anything nice and you'd want to go back to the good ole days of socialism.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #279
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Bernie Sanders wants to take back “family values” from the GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post


    Just out of curiosity...do you actually KNOW what they 'agreed' on? And are you TRULY stupid enough to believe that Bernie Sanders agrees with republicans on 80% of the issues?
    That was never stated though, that's your spin. The point was that on the issue of CU, 80% of republicans agree with Sanders.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #280
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,711

    Re: Bernie Sanders wants to take back “family values” from the GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Why don't you tell us those issues- I'd love to know
    No worries. Reinoe is kinda a stalker for me now. He responds with a healthy dose of snark. The fact that he doesnt even know what he is responding to or why isnt relevant to him as long as he can say something like "You have a sad life". He thinks its hurtful. He...doesnt know me very well.

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •