Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 93

Thread: Texas Man and His Dog Found Dead After Becoming Trapped Inside Car

  1. #41
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,809

    Re: Texas Man and His Dog Found Dead After Becoming Trapped Inside Car

    From a major regional news outlet at about the 3-minute mark, you can hear what the man who tried to rescue Mr. Rogers, a Mr. Ponsegrau, has to say about all the "armchair geniuses" who posted at KHOU's website about how they could have saved themselves. Also from this link:

    Mike Flash, owner of Corvette Specialties, told 12News that the 2007 Corvette has a manual release located on the floorboard by the driver's seat. But Rogers did not know that.

    Ponsegrau says Rogers was not the only one unaware of that. He says he, along with first responders, also struggled finding away to get Rogers o out of the car.

    Ponsegrau says eventually firefighters had to break the window.

    He said, "There's is a way to get in, but it's not common knowledge."

    Hernandez says police believe her dad made a valiant effort to escape, and possibly died while looking through the car's manual. Texas man, dog die after being trapped in Corvette

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Texas Man and His Dog Found Dead After Becoming Trapped Inside Car

    Quote Originally Posted by braindrain View Post
    You may want to read the whole thread. Chevy put a way for you to get both into and out of the car if and when the battery dies. Hard to blame Chevy for someone not bothering to look into how to do that. Especially when it is a lever by the door with a rather obvious red marking of a door.
    Doesn't matter if they put in a way to do it if nobody knows it exists. The question is did Chevy make a reasonable effort to educate people about this and would a reasonable person be expected to know how to do it.

    I'm going to say probably not.

    I think a lawsuit would be successful, and I'm sure there are plenty of Texas lawyers contacting the family as we speak soliciting their services.

    I'm all for that. Any way we can bring money to Texas and take it away from the unions up north is fine by me... especially when it's the direct result of negligence and greed that led to the death of a Texas war veteran.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Texas Man and His Dog Found Dead After Becoming Trapped Inside Car

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    From a major regional news outlet at about the 3-minute mark, you can hear what the man who tried to rescue Mr. Rogers, a Mr. Ponsegrau, has to say about all the "armchair geniuses" who posted at KHOU's website about how they could have saved themselves. Also from this link:

    Mike Flash, owner of Corvette Specialties, told 12News that the 2007 Corvette has a manual release located on the floorboard by the driver's seat. But Rogers did not know that.

    Ponsegrau says Rogers was not the only one unaware of that. He says he, along with first responders, also struggled finding away to get Rogers o out of the car.

    Ponsegrau says eventually firefighters had to break the window.

    He said, "There's is a way to get in, but it's not common knowledge."

    Hernandez says police believe her dad made a valiant effort to escape, and possibly died while looking through the car's manual. Texas man, dog die after being trapped in Corvette
    Exactly, which is why Chevy's ass is getting sued.

    No reasonable person would know that door release was there.

  4. #44
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,962

    Re: Texas Man and His Dog Found Dead After Becoming Trapped Inside Car

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Doesn't matter if they put in a way to do it if nobody knows it exists. The question is did Chevy make a reasonable effort to educate people about this and would a reasonable person be expected to know how to do it.

    I'm going to say probably not.

    I think a lawsuit would be successful, and I'm sure there are plenty of Texas lawyers contacting the family as we speak soliciting their services.

    I'm all for that. Any way we can bring money to Texas and take it away from the unions up north is fine by me... especially when it's the direct result of negligence and greed that led to the death of a Texas war veteran.
    So now a car company has to explain every single feature on a car before they sell it. Putting it in the owners manual is not enough. What about cars that have levers to open the fuel door in the same place. Do I need someone to show me how to do that and if and I can put fuel in my car so it runs out of gas on the highway and I get killed can my family sue the car company than to.
    I thought people from Texas conservatives from Texas were supposed to be all about personal responsibility. How come folks don't need to have the personal responsibility to understand how to operate the piece of equipment that they are driving.
    If someone can successfully sue Chevy over this it is just one more perfect example of Americans refusing to take responsibly for themselves and always looking to blame others for their own mistakes. Something conservatives are supposed to be all for.

    And what greed lead to this. I would really like to see the explanation for that.

    I really think your partisanship is getting in you way here.
    President Franklin Roosevelt eulogized a fallen American Soldier by saying, “He stands in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die [that] freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it he lives--in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

  5. #45
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,962

    Re: Texas Man and His Dog Found Dead After Becoming Trapped Inside Car

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Exactly, which is why Chevy's ass is getting sued.

    No reasonable person would know that door release was there.
    |
    It is spelled out in the owners manual. It is not the car companies fault if you choose to not read it before you drive the car. Really not big on the whole personal responsibility thing are you.
    President Franklin Roosevelt eulogized a fallen American Soldier by saying, “He stands in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die [that] freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it he lives--in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

  6. #46
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    10,772
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Texas Man and His Dog Found Dead After Becoming Trapped Inside Car

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Exactly, which is why Chevy's ass is getting sued.

    No reasonable person would know that door release was there.
    It's remarkable isn't it? Personal responsibility is only to be mentioned when it can be used to justify or mock poor people or minorities. When it applies to Texans who drive sports cars though, then everything becomes someone else' fault. These conservatives are such hypocrites.

  7. #47
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,962

    Re: Texas Man and His Dog Found Dead After Becoming Trapped Inside Car

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    It's remarkable isn't it? Personal responsibility is only to be mentioned when it can be used to justify or mock poor people or minorities. When it applies to Texans who drive sports cars though, then everything becomes someone else' fault. These conservatives are such hypocrites.
    Some are some are not. Exactly like many liberals.
    That said judging all of them off the actions of some makes you no different than those who judge all of one race off the actions off of a few of that races members.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    11-19-15 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Texas Man and His Dog Found Dead After Becoming Trapped Inside Car

    Quote Originally Posted by braindrain View Post
    |
    It is spelled out in the owners manual. It is not the car companies fault if you choose to not read it before you drive the car. Really not big on the whole personal responsibility thing are you.
    99% of a car manual is lawyer crap like "never drive thru water over 3" deep" even though everybody does just that. No one wastes their time reading the owners manual.

  9. #49
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,962

    Re: Texas Man and His Dog Found Dead After Becoming Trapped Inside Car

    Quote Originally Posted by TextDriversKill View Post
    99% of a car manual is lawyer crap like "never drive thru water over 3" deep" even though everybody does just that. No one wastes their time reading the owners manual.
    It is not the car companies fault that drivers can not be bothered to read the operating instructions for the peice of equipment they are using. And not driving through 3 feet of water is not lawyer stuff it is a very good idea of something not to do with your car. Not only can it be dangerous it can easily ruin your car.

    Some people just need to take the personal responsibility for thier actions. The car company provided a peice of equipment that as far as we know in this case worked as advertised and they also gave them operating instructions on how to operate that vehicle. If the owner can't be bothered to read those instructions that is on them.
    I am so sick of people in this country wanting to blame everyone one but themselves for the consequences from the decisions they make. And yes choosing not to read those instructions was a choice.
    Had the owner wasted his time to read those instructions than he would still be alive.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Texas Man and His Dog Found Dead After Becoming Trapped Inside Car

    Is a reasonable person safe in a Chevy? Maybe not if they don't know how to get out of the car. A lawsuit will force Chevrolette to make a safer vehicle.

    Quote Originally Posted by braindrain View Post
    So now a car company has to explain every single feature on a car before they sell it. Putting it in the owners manual is not enough. What about cars that have levers to open the fuel door in the same place. Do I need someone to show me how to do that and if and I can put fuel in my car so it runs out of gas on the highway and I get killed can my family sue the car company than to.
    I thought people from Texas conservatives from Texas were supposed to be all about personal responsibility. How come folks don't need to have the personal responsibility to understand how to operate the piece of equipment that they are driving.
    If someone can successfully sue Chevy over this it is just one more perfect example of Americans refusing to take responsibly for themselves and always looking to blame others for their own mistakes. Something conservatives are supposed to be all for.

    And what greed lead to this. I would really like to see the explanation for that.

    I really think your partisanship is getting in you way here.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •