Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 195

Thread: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

  1. #1
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    65,513

    Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...case-in-blunt/

    This guy thinks he is a King. Why would anyone take this guy serious on anything and can you imagine taking Constitutional Law from this radical incompetent?
    Last edited by Conservative; 06-08-15 at 02:03 PM.

  2. #2
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    91,365
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Bush now more popular than Obama - CNNPolitics.com This guy thinks he is a King. Why would anyone take this guy serious on anything and can you imagine taking Constitutional Law from this radical incompetent?
    At least he does not fail at linking...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #3
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Bush now more popular than Obama - CNNPolitics.com This guy thinks he is a King. Why would anyone take this guy serious on anything and can you imagine taking Constitutional Law from this radical incompetent?
    If you look at the poll, Jimmy Carter is more popular than Bush.


  4. #4
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    65,513

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    If you look at the poll, Jimmy Carter is more popular than Bush.
    Sorry, that was for another thread but will be happy to address it there. Here is the proper link but glad you are following me

    Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case, in blunt challenge | Fox News

  5. #5
    Tavern Bartender
    Kinky tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-02-17 @ 05:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,185

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sorry, that was for another thread but will be happy to address it there. Here is the proper link but glad you are following me

    Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case, in blunt challenge | Fox News
    warning that a ruling against subsidies would be a "twisted interpretation" of the law.

    The only thing twisted in this story is him.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #6
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    65,513

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    warning that a ruling against subsidies would be a "twisted interpretation" of the law.

    The only thing twisted in this story is him.
    It really is sad what Obama supporters have made this nation and their total ignorance as to the role of the Federal Govt. and where the money comes from for that govt. It is easy for them to ask for subsidies because they just don't get it, subsidies come from tax revenue paid for by actual taxpayers.

    One of the worst things to ever happen in this country was LBJ creating the unified budget where all tax revenue from all tax sources goes into one pot regardless of what the tax was supposed to fund. That makes it easy for politicians to spend money and then when the item the taxes were to fund runs out of money simply say the program is broke and we need to tax the taxpayers more. Obama supporters have no problem taking from someone else and Obama has no problem promoting wealth redistribution.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It really is sad what Obama supporters have made this nation and their total ignorance as to the role of the Federal Govt. and where the money comes from for that govt. It is easy for them to ask for subsidies because they just don't get it, subsidies come from tax revenue paid for by actual taxpayers.

    One of the worst things to ever happen in this country was LBJ creating the unified budget where all tax revenue from all tax sources goes into one pot regardless of what the tax was supposed to fund. That makes it easy for politicians to spend money and then when the item the taxes were to fund runs out of money simply say the program is broke and we need to tax the taxpayers more. Obama supporters have no problem taking from someone else and Obama has no problem promoting wealth redistribution.
    So you're opposed to all forms of taxation??
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    10-12-16 @ 08:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,849

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It really is sad what Obama supporters have made this nation and their total ignorance as to the role of the Federal Govt. and where the money comes from for that govt. It is easy for them to ask for subsidies because they just don't get it, subsidies come from tax revenue paid for by actual taxpayers.
    Do you wish to argue that subsidies in this case (i.e. assistance for individuals to purchase health insurance which, in turn, help spread the risks and lower the costs for every other individual in that same market place) are bad?

  9. #9
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    65,513

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    So you're opposed to all forms of taxation??
    No, but I am for taxation going to the programs it was created to fund, i.e. excise taxes on gasoline to fund highways and bridges, not the general fund.

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case, in blunt challenge | Fox News

    This guy thinks he is a King. Why would anyone take this guy serious on anything and can you imagine taking Constitutional Law from this radical incompetent?
    I'll bet a dollar to a donut the administration wins this case.

    all they need to show is that congress intended the law to operate in the way they say it does, despite any problems with the actual text of the bill...... and it'll be a sealed deal.
    legislative intent is always in play.... always.

    as for his opinion that is should have never been taken up by the courts... well, his opinion means exactly nothing on that point... no sense in even bothering to entertain it.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •