Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 195

Thread: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

  1. #181
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    01-11-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,228

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case, in blunt challenge | Fox News

    This guy thinks he is a King. Why would anyone take this guy serious on anything and can you imagine taking Constitutional Law from this radical incompetent?
    Ah, so THIS President isn't allowed to have an opinion. Yet, he is right. The Congressional intent is crystal clear and the court should have not taken the case.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It really is sad what Obama supporters have made this nation and their total ignorance as to the role of the Federal Govt. and where the money comes from for that govt. It is easy for them to ask for subsidies because they just don't get it, subsidies come from tax revenue paid for by actual taxpayers.

    One of the worst things to ever happen in this country was LBJ creating the unified budget where all tax revenue from all tax sources goes into one pot regardless of what the tax was supposed to fund. That makes it easy for politicians to spend money and then when the item the taxes were to fund runs out of money simply say the program is broke and we need to tax the taxpayers more. Obama supporters have no problem taking from someone else and Obama has no problem promoting wealth redistribution.
    They are aware of it, they just don't care. They believe people who have more than they do acquired it dishonestly and therefore desrve to have it taken away. If they did it themselves they'd be shot, so they look to their proxy (federal government) to do it for them.

  3. #183
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    63,432

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    Ah, so THIS President isn't allowed to have an opinion. Yet, he is right. The Congressional intent is crystal clear and the court should have not taken the case.
    Not surprising that you have no concept as to the role of the Supreme Court and the fact that Obama as a Constitutional Scholar is a joke. You also lack understanding of leadership and proper decorum of the President. He shows it over and over again where it be chastising the Court during the state of the union, using the bully pulpit to destroy a sitting Congressman over the budget, and now ignoring that the two lower courts were split on this issue.

  4. #184
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Didn't read the article did you? When would the reduction take place? Do you know what a budget gimmick is? You simply cannot admit you are wrong on any subject.
    You mean the "flavor of a gimmick" because it takes effect in the future equates to you as not taking effect. That's funny, hope deferred huh.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #185
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    01-11-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,228

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not surprising that you have no concept as to the role of the Supreme Court and the fact that Obama as a Constitutional Scholar is a joke. You also lack understanding of leadership and proper decorum of the President. He shows it over and over again where it be chastising the Court during the state of the union, using the bully pulpit to destroy a sitting Congressman over the budget, and now ignoring that the two lower courts were split on this issue.
    What I denote is your double-standard with respect to Mr. Obama. What was acceptable practice for other presidents is im"proper decorum" for this President.

    41.gif
    Statement on the Supreme Court Decision on the Lee v. Weisman Case
    June 24, 1992
    I am very disappointed by the Supreme Court's decision in Lee v. Weisman. The Court said that a simple nondenominational prayer thanking God for the liberty of America at a public school graduation ceremony violates the first amendment.
    George W. Bush:

    Statement by President Bush on Supreme Court Decision on Partial-Birth Abortion
    I am pleased that the Supreme Court upheld a law that prohibits the abhorrent procedure of partial-birth abortion.

    Criticize a 2008 ruling recognizing the rights of prisoners held at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba.

    President Richard M. Nixon:


    Said he was disappointed with a 1974 decision ordering him to turn over the tapes that would help end his presidency.
    The idea that the President of the United States has fewer rights to express his opinion regarding a court case -- a right every citizen has, is mind boggling.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  6. #186
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    63,432

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    You mean the "flavor of a gimmick" because it takes effect in the future equates to you as not taking effect. That's funny, hope deferred huh.
    Yes, a gimmick, something that is supposed to take effect in 9 years and you are worried about it now? I don't support taking anything from Medicare because it was a self funded program just like SS and yet LBJ put it on budget and all Presidents and Congress have spent the money. The reality is this is an accounting gimmick as the article said and yet fear mongers like all liberals will continue to ignore that fact.

  7. #187
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    63,432

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    What I denote is your double-standard with respect to Mr. Obama. What was acceptable practice for other presidents is im"proper decorum" for this President.

    41.gif





    The idea that the President of the United States has fewer rights to express his opinion regarding a court case -- a right every citizen has, is mind boggling.
    All those comments came AFTER the decision was made, not BEFORE!!!!!!!

  8. #188
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, a gimmick, something that is supposed to take effect in 9 years and you are worried about it now? I don't support taking anything from Medicare because it was a self funded program just like SS and yet LBJ put it on budget and all Presidents and Congress have spent the money. The reality is this is an accounting gimmick as the article said and yet fear mongers like all liberals will continue to ignore that fact.
    But I've told you repeatedly that I don't agree with LBJ's bundling. Why do you keep arguing that with me. Otherwise, just because it doesn't take effect for nine years, doesn't mean that it doesn't take effect!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #189
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    63,432

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    But I've told you repeatedly that I don't agree with LBJ's bundling. Why do you keep arguing that with me. Otherwise, just because it doesn't take effect for nine years, doesn't mean that it doesn't take effect!
    It means that it is fear mongering by the left to get a reaction out of people like you. There are more important problems facing this country than worrying about what is going to happen 9 years down the road. You really think that the Congress of the United States is going to actually cut Medicare funding?

  10. #190
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:13 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35,809

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    So you were bull****ting, ok.
    Not at all. And you know that full well. You just dislike, what you are hearing, because it destroys much of your emotional leanings.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •