Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 195

Thread: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

  1. #111
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,788

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Since who doesn't control the congress? Democrats are working with republicans in that effort. So do you like that, or is that somehow different because you don't give a **** about Medicare anyway?
    Who controlled the Congress from 2007-2011? Democrats created Obamacare behind closed doors. show me the Republican bill that took 700 billion from Medicare?
    Last edited by Conservative; 06-09-15 at 06:32 AM.

  2. #112
    Sage

    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,804

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Does that mean that you question the sense of all presidents that have criticized SCOTUS's? I just don't understand why a president can't do this. He's an American citizen before he's president. I criticize SCOTUS rulings I disagree with. Bush did as president, it just seems so natural and unimportant.
    I will never agree that being POTUS is secondary to being a citizen, mainly because the POTUS has a job unlike anyone else in the country, with a bully pulpit that goes with it. When was the last time you got on TV and told millions of people what you thought about anything? When his term of office is over, then he becomes "just a citizen" like everyone else, and we see every day just how much anyone cares about what "used-to-be's" think about anything. Plus, the POTUS is supposed to represent We the People, not just those that agree with him, and the SCOTUS has their job to do the same as he does, which means there is going to be a winner AND a loser - that's what they're there to determine! That's my opinion, Monte, and it's not likely to change, so I'll say no more.

  3. #113
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,443

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    I will never agree that being POTUS is secondary to being a citizen, mainly because the POTUS has a job unlike anyone else in the country, with a bully pulpit that goes with it.
    When was the last time you got on TV and told millions of people what you thought about anything?
    When his term of office is over, then he becomes "just a citizen" like everyone else, and we see every day just how much anyone cares about what "used-to-be's" think about anything. Plus, the POTUS is supposed to represent We the People, not just those that agree with him, and the SCOTUS has their job to do the same as he does, which means there is going to be a winner AND a loser - that's what they're there to determine! That's my opinion, Monte, and it's not likely to change, so I'll say no more.
    Shucks, Pol. I can't even remember the last time I actually thought about anything, let alone tell anybody about it.
    "I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance." William Faulkner

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    10-12-16 @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,849

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by NonoBadDog View Post
    You forgot internet, electricity, phone, flat screens, hookers, recreational drugs, hot cars with stupid looking wheels and massive sound systems.
    Up until you got to hookers, you still very much are listing aspects of the economy that the federal government helps to regulate in some form or fashion.

    Quote Originally Posted by NonoBadDog View Post
    Regulation does not make those items a right.
    I did not say that regulation makes it a right. I said the list wherein you and Samhein tried to apply my logic to other aspects of society and pointed out the simple fact that federal government can, does, and should have a role to play in all of those.

    Now, do you want to make the argument that access to affordable health care is not something that every US citizen should be able to access?

  5. #115
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Who controlled the Congress from 2007-2011? Democrats created Obamacare behind closed doors. show me the Republican bill that took 700 billion from Medicare?
    Why don't you try paying attention? I said that democrats are working with republicans to do this!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #116
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    I will never agree that being POTUS is secondary to being a citizen, mainly because the POTUS has a job unlike anyone else in the country, with a bully pulpit that goes with it. When was the last time you got on TV and told millions of people what you thought about anything? When his term of office is over, then he becomes "just a citizen" like everyone else, and we see every day just how much anyone cares about what "used-to-be's" think about anything. Plus, the POTUS is supposed to represent We the People, not just those that agree with him, and the SCOTUS has their job to do the same as he does, which means there is going to be a winner AND a loser - that's what they're there to determine! That's my opinion, Monte, and it's not likely to change, so I'll say no more.
    Obama was a citizen first, and as our constitution insists, one must FIRST be a citizen in order to become president. Of course citizenship precedes presidency. You didn't speak to the point of presidential (plural!!!) criticisms of the SCOTUS.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    07-02-15 @ 02:20 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    45

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    If they had read the bill before passing it. But it's just a waste of time trying to debate them. It'll be wiser to let them find out how wrong they really are. Just make sure you have enough popcorn to enjoy the show.

  8. #118
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,386

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    So you're opposed to all forms of taxation??
    1810mnnsl8y3.jpg
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #119
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,788

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Why don't you try paying attention? I said that democrats are working with republicans to do this!
    Ok, what does that have to do with the thread topic or the comments made about taxes and their use?

  10. #120
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama says Supreme Court should never have taken up health law case

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Another one who can't follow a conversation.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •