Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 98

Thread: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

  1. #81
    Sage



    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,082
    Blog Entries
    39

    Re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    I served two tours each in Afghanistan and Iraq and I don't have any problems and I did my share of neutralizing the enemy.
    Thank you very much for your service, Red Crow.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  2. #82
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    10-15-16 @ 11:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    587

    Re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    I served two tours each in Afghanistan and Iraq and I don't have any problems and I did my share of neutralizing the enemy.
    I was in Laos in '70 - '71 1/2 where everything was different, regretted it & just recently started to admit it. Our "Welcome home" & morale was very different too. You're very lucky. Please be grateful

    Thanks

  3. #83
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    How could you not know that it is happening here?



    I have no idea but when imams and mosques get involved in radicalizing people that counts as "the religion" to me.
    So, likewise, Christianity is radicalizing people due to the actions of the Westboro Baptist Church... right?

  4. #84
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    No need to thank me my friend I was just doing my duty never the less I thank you for your positive thought about my military service.
    Last edited by Red Crow; 06-12-15 at 07:46 PM.
    Catch me if you can.

  5. #85
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by B'smith View Post
    I was in Laos in '70 - '71 1/2 where everything was different, regretted it & just recently started to admit it. Our "Welcome home" & morale was very different too. You're very lucky. Please be grateful

    Thanks
    Well.. we still don't know if our welcome will be positive, since many people are against us getting more involved overseas.

    You are most welcome my friend.
    Catch me if you can.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    Well.. we still don't know if our welcome will be positive, since many people are against us getting more involved overseas.

    You are most welcome my friend.
    The difference is that people today know who to blame.

    Nobody blames the military for getting orders......

    Many people blame politicians for continuing to get us increasingly involved in foreign affairs.

    As an Iraq war veteran, I can acknowledge that I did not "Serve our Country". I "Served our Government's political interests"

  7. #87
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,229

    Re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So, likewise, Christianity is radicalizing people due to the actions of the Westboro Baptist Church... right?
    Wrong.

  8. #88
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    The difference is that people today know who to blame.

    Nobody blames the military for getting orders......

    Many people blame politicians for continuing to get us increasingly involved in foreign affairs.

    As an Iraq war veteran, I can acknowledge that I did not "Serve our Country". I "Served our Government's political interests"
    As an Iraq and Afghanistan veteran I am proud to have served our country and sorry that you feel that way. Fighting terrorism is not a political matter nor interest, just ask the victims of 911 and the families of victimized or killed by terrorism here in the USA, ie. Boston Marathon, Ft Hood. etc etc. We either kill them here or abroad.
    Catch me if you can.

  9. #89
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    10-15-16 @ 11:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    587

    Re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by JC Callender View Post
    I wonder if PTSD has a lot to do with the purpose of combat as well. For instance, it someone like your instructor killed all Nazi's, would it be as bad since the Nazi's had to be stopped at all costs. WW2 vets are all heroes and no one, or very few, question what they had to do to accomplish victory. But these pre-emptive wars and attempts to stop terrorists aren't nearly as clean cut, leaving so many in our country to question everything that goes wrong, and I think that can way heavily on someone's mind had they seriously hurt or killed someone.

    Just a historical note: Only 4% -5% of the German population were members of the Nazi party and many of them were forced to join.

    Again, count on TV & the movies to distort reality.

    As with most all Wars, the politicians & ideologues make the Wars & the young go to fight them.
    .

  10. #90
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    As an Iraq and Afghanistan veteran I am proud to have served our country and sorry that you feel that way. Fighting terrorism is not a political matter nor interest, just ask the victims of 911 and the families of victimized or killed by terrorism here in the USA, ie. Boston Marathon, Ft Hood. etc etc. We either kill them here or abroad.
    And when I crossed the border into Iraq in 2003... the entire premise behind us going to war turned out to be false, and had little to do with terrorism.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •