Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 98

Thread: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

  1. #61
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,434

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    And not all Muslims are encouraged to kill either..... just the radicals.
    Some are being radicalized in the mosques so it appears to be backed by the religion itself. That is the point. Muslim clerics have formed armies in the middle east. What we see is a militant religion that goes completely out of control with the radicals. Are we beginning to get through yet?

  2. #62
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,506

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    1. Do Christians teach from the Old Testament yes or no
    You are arguing that an out-of-context quote from the Old Testament proves your assertion that Christians teach people to kill, I pointed out that the NEW Testament changes the Old Testament law and that CHRISTIANS follow the NEW Testament which is the teachings of CHRIST (the hint in in the name CHRISTian). This is a fact.

    2. If no why is it included in the bible
    Why do science classes teach Newtonian Physics?

    3. Has Christianity caused millions of people to lose their lives yes or no
    Your assertion was that Christianity has killed more people than anything except disease. When pressed on your baseless assertion you started talking about how the evidence isn't their but you stand by your assertion. In your idiotic "subjective" world view there can be no yes or no answers. You hold others to a standard your don't hold yourself to.

    4. Yes, explain what a parable is and also explain to me how a Christian interpreting the bible could never use that parable as Christianity condoning murder
    Parable: a simple story used to illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson, as told by Jesus in the Gospels.

    In the parable of the Ten Minas Jesus is illustrating the coming of the Kingdom of Heaven in the Rapture. The two parts of the parable teach that you should not squander the gifts God has given you, but use them to grow God's kingdom, and that those who oppose God's kingdom will not have eternal life.

    Death in Jesus' parables is not physical death but spiritual, the loss of eternal life, in fact when ever Jesus was called on to condone the physical death of sinners (stoning of the adulterer for example) Jesus specifically told those who wanted to kill in God's name that they themselves were unfit in God's eyes and that no one is fit to carry out God's judgement. Because of this Jesus explicitly puts the burden of carrying out God's judgement on God alone. What does God intend for US to do here on Earth? Jesus had this to say:

    Matthew 19: 17-19: “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

    18“Which ones?” he inquired.

    Jesus replied, “ ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’ and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’


    Seems pretty clear.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  3. #63
    Global Moderator
    There’s been an awakening
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,225

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Moderator's Warning:
    U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63] "U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear" is the topic here. Let's focus on that please.
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Deleted.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 03:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    You are arguing that an out-of-context quote from the Old Testament proves your assertion that Christians teach people to kill, I pointed out that the NEW Testament changes the Old Testament law and that CHRISTIANS follow the NEW Testament which is the teachings of CHRIST (the hint in in the name CHRISTian). This is a fact.



    Why do science classes teach Newtonian Physics?



    Your assertion was that Christianity has killed more people than anything except disease. When pressed on your baseless assertion you started talking about how the evidence isn't their but you stand by your assertion. In your idiotic "subjective" world view there can be no yes or no answers. You hold others to a standard your don't hold yourself to.



    Parable: a simple story used to illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson, as told by Jesus in the Gospels.

    In the parable of the Ten Minas Jesus is illustrating the coming of the Kingdom of Heaven in the Rapture. The two parts of the parable teach that you should not squander the gifts God has given you, but use them to grow God's kingdom, and that those who oppose God's kingdom will not have eternal life.

    Death in Jesus' parables is not physical death but spiritual, the loss of eternal life, in fact when ever Jesus was called on to condone the physical death of sinners (stoning of the adulterer for example) Jesus specifically told those who wanted to kill in God's name that they themselves were unfit in God's eyes and that no one is fit to carry out God's judgement. Because of this Jesus explicitly puts the burden of carrying out God's judgement on God alone. What does God intend for US to do here on Earth? Jesus had this to say:

    Matthew 19: 17-19: “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

    18“Which ones?” he inquired.

    Jesus replied, “ ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’ and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’


    Seems pretty clear.
    1. so that's a yes, christians teach the word of god through the old testament
    2. We learn about newton because it gives us a foundation of an evolving science, like physics. Christians teach the old testament because it is the word of god
    3. So thats a yes, christianity has killed millions of people. You refuse to answer because it proves my initial point that the interpretation of christianity in a religious sense is just as capable of killing as islam
    4. You gave me your interpretation of the parable, is there any way some one else can interpret that parable as god allowing people to kill non christians?

    Seems pretty clear to your own subjective understanding of christianity, yet it differs with everyone else. This seriously means that ISLAM IS NOT THE ONLY RELIGION CAPABLE OF CONDONING MURDER which is my entire point to begin with.

    Considering i said "probably" it litterally does not mean its a fact, and i never claimed it was a fact. However it is not an illogical to claim considering Christianity has killed millions of people, and you know this as well which is why you refuse to answer with a yes or no.

  6. #66
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,506

    Re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    1. so that's a yes, christians teach the word of god through the old testament
    You haven't been following the argument very well, obviously.

    2. We learn about newton because it gives us a foundation of an evolving science, like physics. Christians teach the old testament because it is the word of god
    False. The Bible is the story of the evolving relationship between man and God. We learn the history of the old ways to better understand the new ways as taught by Jesus. Your interpretation that the Old Testament teaches Christians how to act is patently false.

    3. So thats a yes, christianity has killed millions of people. You refuse to answer because it proves my initial point that the interpretation of christianity in a religious sense is just as capable of killing as islam
    I am not refusing to answer, just trying to keep you on your statement that Christianity has killed more people than any ideology. Whether Christianity has or hasn't killed "millions" does nothing to support your ignorant point.

    The list of the world's greatest genocides and deadliest wars indicate you are full of crap.

    Likewise, Your attempt to paint Christianity and Islam as coequals in the killing department is also absurdly false per those same sources. The Ottoman empire has 3 atrocities ranking in the top 4 all time, and Tamerlane conducted a war of Conquest in the name of Islam that ranks #1 in religious wars with between 7 million and 20 million dead. The Crusades didn't even make the list.

    Also, your "Christians killed most" argument is patently false compared to Islam as I have demonstrated, but even Islam is a distant #2 to the list of Chinese wars and atrocities. So, the most deadly ideology in the world appears to be "Not Christian".

    4. You gave me your interpretation of the parable, is there any way some one else can interpret that parable as god allowing people to kill non christians?
    All signs point to No. Can you show me evidence that someoine has used that parable to justify murder? It's your assertion that it has been used to justify murder, contrary to the actual meaning in the context of Jesus' teachings. So prove it. Or is this one of those proofs that you want to claim is "subjective" and open to interpretation?

    Seems pretty clear to your own subjective understanding of christianity, yet it differs with everyone else. This seriously means that ISLAM IS NOT THE ONLY RELIGION CAPABLE OF CONDONING MURDER which is my entire point to begin with.
    You keep making the same claim and not backing it up. It is actually YOUR interpretation of the Bible that is the outlier. The Bible doesn't condone murder, and Jesus didn't preach or use murder as a tool for spreading his word. Mohammed, on the other hand, did.

    Considering i said "probably" it litterally does not mean its a fact, and i never claimed it was a fact. However it is not an illogical to claim considering Christianity has killed millions of people, and you know this as well which is why you refuse to answer with a yes or no.
    Stating something is "Probable" means you have evidence that makes your guess the most likely position to be true. You lack any evidence, you claim you have no definitive evidence, therefor your claim of "probable" is a lie.

    I have shown that your claim that Christianity has "probably" killed more people than anything except disease (an argument you hilariously tried to augment by attributing a disease to Christianity) is laughably untrue, and that you don't only lack the evidence to claim your view is "probably" but that the evidence actually shows your claim is untrue.


    Leaving the discussion there. Back to the thread topic.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,776

    Re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Fostering democracy does not equal taking over the world, and the justification for fostering democracy should be self evident.



    When the people have regrown the physical, intellectual and social capital stripped from them by tyrants.



    And they say there are no stupid questions; they're wrong.



    That's what we're doing, through world freedom.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,776

    Re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    Some are being radicalized in the mosques so it appears to be backed by the religion itself. That is the point. Muslim clerics have formed armies in the middle east. What we see is a militant religion that goes completely out of control with the radicals. Are we beginning to get through yet?
    So... then.... why aren't there daily suicide bombings in our major cities that have mosques?

  9. #69
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,434

    Re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So... then.... why aren't there daily suicide bombings in our major cities that have mosques?
    I have no idea nor do I think it has anything to do with what I said.

  10. #70
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,776

    Re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    I have no idea nor do I think it has anything to do with what I said.
    You said the religion itself is turning people into radicals.

    So why isn't it happening here?

    By "the religion" I assume you believe every Muslim worship center is somehow "linked in" with all the others across the world or something?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •