Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 98

Thread: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 03:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    It isn't a yes or a no, your question was loaded and had nothing to do with your initial claim. You want to take the Old Testament on its own to show what Christianity says about killing homosexuals and ignore the new Testament that clearly states that your interpretation is bogus. I mean, maybe you should be arguing this with people who are Jewish or Muslim as their religious texts don't significantly change the Old Testament with later revelations, but your ignorant focus on the Old Testament as Christian law is false.



    Again, it is stupid because you are taking the old law and trying to apply it to Christians who have a New Testament to guide them. As my Matthew quote clearly shows the Old Testament "Eye for an Eye" is not the law for Christians.



    Ummm... you seem to have a problem with the English language. You want to claim it is a "fact" that Christianity killed millions of people and then argue that you can't prove it because it is speculative.

    I shouldn;'t have to explain this to you, but... speculation isn't fact.



    You can't present evidence that the book cited actually says what he is claiming, I am telling you the historical FACTS about the Battle of Belgrade. Muslims attacked the Christian City of Belgrade and were routed. This is not a Christian atrocity as the nimrod you quoted wants to claim.



    No, you can't. You are trying to prove the rule with exceptions. It's a logical dead end.
    1. You stated Christians don't believe in the Old Testament, so I'm asking do they preach from it. It's not loaded it's a completely logical question you are refusing to answer because you know you're wrong. Do gay bashing Christians quote he Old Testament?

    2. So why include the Old Testament into the bible

    3. I say that it has killed the most people aside from disease is speculative, but there is ample proof to the claim that Christianity has killed millions of people

    4. I really don't care as I have said ample times. I said he gives a reference be a scholar and do your research. This is literally one claim you went against over all the other ones I'm not refuting you at all

    5. I can't want? Blaine atheism for he deaths in the ussr and Maoist china? Yes I can considering they were both athiests and communism hates religion because it divides the masses. I'm not making any exception. It's a very logical claim

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 03:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    You have made a habit of stating many unverified claims as fact (aka "lying"), that doesn't make them true.




    You didn't read my source so stop pretending that you did. You are looking foolish. The outbreaks of the plague throughout Europe have been linked to trade with the Far East. Rats could not be the vector for wide spread plague because the rats and their flees die too quickly from the plague to be a vector. All you are doing is trying to defend an unsupported claim through assumptions about a document you haven't read. That is no way to make a compelling point.



    Do you really not see that YOU are that very someone who "really hates the church" and is making crap up to support their beliefs?



    You can't support the claim but it's true anyway? Your anti-Christianity is looking more like your religion with every post!



    You are making a QUANTITATIVE claim that you admit you can not back up, stop digging yourself a deeper hole by moving the goalposts.
    1. Did you read what I said, I said I can not say it's true because history is speculative and subjective in certain instances especially such broad history as Christianity... I never said it was fact. Please quote me where I say it's a fact Christianity has killed 250 million people or communism has killed 100 million please show me

    2. Your source says trade and gerbils spread the Black Plague. That's basically the summary of your source..., you're straw manning my point. My point is, someone could say the Catholic Church is the reason because of the cats, I'm not say that, what I'm saying is in terms of death tolls through history it is very speculative and subjective, how about this... The entire genocide of the Native American population through disease is the result of Christianity because the Spanish who brought the disease came in the name of Christ.... I am not saying that I am blaming the church but I am telling you "history is subjective and speculative at times"

    3. Ummm no I don't think I hate religion I really don't care what a person believes, but when someone suggests only Islam condones the murdering of people I say that is false and Christianity and Judaism in the past both have and they both have certain sects to this day that condones it. You like to try to prove that when I say "probably killed more people throughout history" as not being a fact, then I say I know it's not a fact because I can't prove it to be true, however a lot of people have died from history and looking at the numbers throw speculative glasses creates reason to believe it very likely could be true literally translates to "probably" then you say I'm lieing, which I'm not considering history is subjective

    4. Please answer the question
    Last edited by Libertie76; 06-11-15 at 04:48 PM.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 03:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Do I also have to explain to you what a parable is?
    Here I'll make your response easy

    1. Does Christianity preach from the Old Testament, which gives people the right to kill homosexuals and murderers

    2. If no why does the Christian bible include it

    3. Has Christianity caused millions of people to lose their lives

    4. Yes, please explain to me what a parable is and how "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'" Can not in any way make a believer of Christianity think it's ok to kill

  4. #54
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-21-17 @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,725

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    It would work just fine to do that if people abroad didn't hate us. ISIS wants to kill EVERYBODY AND DOMINATE EVERYBODY just like Hitler did.
    I don't know if you are aware, but.. once upon a time Arabs dominated most of Europe and Northern Africa, and now ISIS thinks that they can do it again and dominate the entire world. This cancer will spread if we don't kill it and if we don't kill it, will kill us.
    With that level of justification..... we can justify taking over the world now can't we?

    At what point do we expect the people in the regions most threatened to stand up for themselves?

    Hell, why would anyone bother having their own Military when they have the good ole U.S. eh?

    We need to put an end to foreign nations' dependance on the U.S. military to defend them.

  5. #55
    geo-lib
    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    03-22-17 @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    58,377

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    With that level of justification..... we can justify taking over the world now can't we?
    Fostering democracy does not equal taking over the world, and the justification for fostering democracy should be self evident.

    At what point do we expect the people in the regions most threatened to stand up for themselves?
    When the people have regrown the physical, intellectual and social capital stripped from them by tyrants.

    Hell, why would anyone bother having their own Military when they have the good ole U.S. eh?
    And they say there are no stupid questions; they're wrong.

    We need to put an end to foreign nations' dependance on the U.S. military to defend them.
    That's what we're doing, through world freedom.

  6. #56
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,549

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    1. You stated Christians don't believe in the Old Testament, so I'm asking do they preach from it. It's not loaded it's a completely logical question you are refusing to answer because you know you're wrong. Do gay bashing Christians quote he Old Testament?
    I said no such thing, the rest of your statement falls apart from there.

    2. So why include the Old Testament into the bible
    Why don't history books only cover current events? Why do science textbooks cover Copernicus, Newton and Galileo? Why can't you understand basic concepts?

    3. I say that it has killed the most people aside from disease is speculative, but there is ample proof to the claim that Christianity has killed millions of people
    You lie and then use a lesser claim that you still can't prove as evidence of your lie. Clearly the person you are most trying to convince is yourself.

    4. I really don't care as I have said ample times. I said he gives a reference be a scholar and do your research. This is literally one claim you went against over all the other ones I'm not refuting you at all
    So you really don't care about the evidence you provided and make claims you agree are unsupported by evidence? You are on a roll.

    5. I can't want? Blaine atheism for he deaths in the ussr and Maoist china? Yes I can considering they were both athiests and communism hates religion because it divides the masses. I'm not making any exception. It's a very logical claim
    So you could more logically argue that atheism is responsible for more deaths than any other ideology. You choose Christianity for your claim against the evidence and only on the weight of your own ignorant bigotry.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  7. #57
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,549

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    1. Did you read what I said, I said I can not say it's true because history is speculative and subjective in certain instances especially such broad history as Christianity... I never said it was fact. Please quote me where I say it's a fact Christianity has killed 250 million people or communism has killed 100 million please show me
    You clamin it as "probable" which presumes some compelling evidence for your claim. Since you KNOW there is no compelling evidence you are simply lying.

    2. Your source says trade and gerbils spread the Black Plague. That's basically the summary of your source..., you're straw manning my point. My point is, someone could say the Catholic Church is the reason because of the cats, I'm not say that, what I'm saying is in terms of death tolls through history it is very speculative and subjective, how about this... The entire genocide of the Native American population through disease is the result of Christianity because the Spanish who brought the disease came in the name of Christ.... I am not saying that I am blaming the church but I am telling you "history is subjective and speculative at times"
    Gerbils spread plague in Asia, rats in Europe died from the plague, the outbreaks of plague in Europe were traced to the arrival of foreign traders, not a drop in the cat population.

    3. Ummm no I don't think I hate religion I really don't care what a person believes, but when someone suggests only Islam condones the murdering of people I say that is false and Christianity and Judaism in the past both have and they both have certain sects to this day that condones it. You like to try to prove that when I say "probably killed more people throughout history" as not being a fact, then I say I know it's not a fact because I can't prove it to be true, however a lot of people have died from history and looking at the numbers throw speculative glasses creates reason to believe it very likely could be true literally translates to "probably" then you say I'm lieing, which I'm not considering history is subjective
    Mohammed spread Islam across the Middle East by the sword, and is responsible for killing many people, Jesus not so much. Christianity spread for 800 years peacefully throughout the near east and Europe.

    To put in in perspective, when Charlemagne was named the first Holy Roman Emperor Islamic armies had already been rampaging through Western Europe for a century.

    4. Please answer the question
    What is the point? You are simply trying to cover for a lie by changing your argument. You are intellectually dishonest.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  8. #58
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,549

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    Here I'll make your response easy blah blah blah
    The quote you posted was made by a fictitious character in a parable. Trying to use that to prove Jesus ordered people to kill is idiotic.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #59
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,816

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Sounds to me like this guy is nothing but a damned mass murderer who got nailed for it, and now finds he doesn't like being in the clink very much. Too bad. The guilt and fear he says he feels have nothing to do with whether he was fairly tried for his crimes and fairly sentenced.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 03:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    The quote you posted was made by a fictitious character in a parable. Trying to use that to prove Jesus ordered people to kill is idiotic.
    1. Do Christians teach from the Old Testament yes or no

    2. If no why is it included in the bible

    3. Has Christianity caused millions of people to lose their lives yes or no

    4. Yes, explain what a parable is and also explain to me how a Christian interpreting the bible could never use that parable as Christianity condoning murder
    Last edited by Libertie76; 06-12-15 at 05:15 AM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •