Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 98

Thread: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

  1. #41
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    You're still living in the past. You are trying to say to me that present day judaism encourages killing and I know better. What does the KKK have to do with christianity encouraging killing? Answer. Nothing. It is an illegal racist group not a christian religion. Hang in there. You will get there eventually.
    And not all Muslims are encouraged to kill either..... just the radicals.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    ISIS is willing to die for their beliefs.

    What are we willing to die for? so far we don't want to send anybody to fight and die. who is going to win? Isis who wants to die for their cause or the ones who don't want to die for any reason??

    What gives ISIS the right to kill anyone who doesn't believe like we do??
    I don't agree with sending U.S. Soldiers to fight and die in foreign lands for foreign freedom, while those foreign lands contain people who are more than capable of fighting and dying for themselves.

  3. #43
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    1. You ignored my question, if I go to a church on Sunday will a preacher quote the Old Testament
    It's a loaded question. I stated that Christian law is drawn from the New Testament, not the old Testament, though I guess I should have thrown in the Ten Commandments as well.

    So on that same note, if you go to Church on Sunday do you expect to hear the pastor order you to kill homosexuals?

    2. Does the King James Bible have to Old Testament, yes or no
    It's a stupid question, Libertie76. Do Christians Churches teach Leviticus law of New Testament law, yes or no?

    3. I clarified that my argument is subjective with the term probably considering " it's impossible to substantiate my claim... Because the history [of Christianity] is so long", just as it is a subjective measurement on how many people communism has killed. We have more accurate estimation of communism because records and entire civilizations haven't been destroyed So, how many did Communism kill? - The Commentator according to that text it's 100 million, 1/3 less then your 150 million. Now please answer that question, does this obvious asymmetric record of killing prove that historic calculations are in fact very subjective?
    So you made a claim you know you couldn't support with facts? That is also known as lying.

    4. For your battle of Belgrad question that is according to german historian and scholar karlheinz deschener, hence the reference bar.
    He sites that as his source, but doesn't actually elaborate. So FYI: the Battle of Belgrade was a siege by the Ottoman Turks in their attempt to conquer Europe. They had their ass handed to them.
    For your other objection to the Rwanda massacre that is according to a newscast, blatantly referenced in the article, s2 aktuell, germany
    And? He is trying to blame "Christianity" for the actions of TWO Nuns when the Christian churches in Rwanda were the loudest opposition before, during and after the atrocities.

    Should I blame the deaths of 73 million in China, for 50+ million in the USSR on "atheism"?

    5. You ignored the over lieing fact that Christianity has bred extremism, the Catholic Church has validated the right to kill, which brings back to the entire point you attempt to refute. Which is subjectively every culture has a reason and designates a right to kill someone else and no matter what it is you attempt to prove you can not disprove this fact, and Christianity has probably killed more people then anything else in history. Can I prove this, no, because the amount of people that Christianity has killed is unrecordable, especially since it's entirely subjective.
    No, false. They most definitely didn't kill more people throughout history. You keep making a "probably" claim to something even though you admit you don't have any facts to back it up. You are lying. "Probably" would require at least some evidence that you claim you don't have.

    Example : pope outlaws cats because they are "mediums of the devil" and thus the rat infestation during the bubonic plague explodes causing a ton more deaths then would have been with cats. Can we accurately decide how many more deaths would have resulted if the pope never did this, or compare it to something else? There is no possible way.
    The Vox in Rama vilified black cats, not all cats. Outlawing black cats was not the cause of the spike in rat populations. Furthermore, the theory has been dropped since current research shows that the European rat populations were even more devastated by black plague than the human populations, and the rat flea dependence on live rats made rats an unlikely vector of the disease in Europe. The accepted vector of plague in Europe was foreign trade. People who have an irrational hatred of Christianity and Catholicism stopped reading after they found the story they wanted.

    However, in your estimates about communism you would attribute that to communisms ideology. Which I think is the worst ideology in the history of humanity because of sheer stupidity, however this shows how subjective history is. Which is why I said "probably"
    Your use of "probably" is a false valuation of the evidence you admit is lacking.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  4. #44
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    He didn't spread Christianity by the sword....

    He left that up to the Catholic Church.
    Nope. The Catholic Church existed and spread for 800 hundred years before Charlemagne was crowned and put an army behind the ideology.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #45
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I don't agree with sending U.S. Soldiers to fight and die in foreign lands for foreign freedom, while those foreign lands contain people who are more than capable of fighting and dying for themselves.
    It would work just fine to do that if people abroad didn't hate us. ISIS wants to kill EVERYBODY AND DOMINATE EVERYBODY just like Hitler did.
    I don't know if you are aware, but.. once upon a time Arabs dominated most of Europe and Northern Africa, and now ISIS thinks that they can do it again and dominate the entire world. This cancer will spread if we don't kill it and if we don't kill it, will kill us.
    Catch me if you can.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    It's a loaded question. I stated that Christian law is drawn from the New Testament, not the old Testament, though I guess I should have thrown in the Ten Commandments as well.

    So on that same note, if you go to Church on Sunday do you expect to hear the pastor order you to kill homosexuals?



    It's a stupid question, Libertie76. Do Christians Churches teach Leviticus law of New Testament law, yes or no?



    So you made a claim you know you couldn't support with facts? That is also known as lying.



    He sites that as his source, but doesn't actually elaborate. So FYI: the Battle of Belgrade was a siege by the Ottoman Turks in their attempt to conquer Europe. They had their ass handed to them.


    And? He is trying to blame "Christianity" for the actions of TWO Nuns when the Christian churches in Rwanda were the loudest opposition before, during and after the atrocities.

    Should I blame the deaths of 73 million in China, for 50+ million in the USSR on "atheism"?



    No, false. They most definitely didn't kill more people throughout history. You keep making a "probably" claim to something even though you admit you don't have any facts to back it up. You are lying. "Probably" would require at least some evidence that you claim you don't have.



    The Vox in Rama vilified black cats, not all cats. Outlawing black cats was not the cause of the spike in rat populations. Furthermore, the theory has been dropped since current research shows that the European rat populations were even more devastated by black plague than the human populations, and the rat flea dependence on live rats made rats an unlikely vector of the disease in Europe. The accepted vector of plague in Europe was foreign trade. People who have an irrational hatred of Christianity and Catholicism stopped reading after they found the story they wanted.



    Your use of "probably" is a false valuation of the evidence you admit is lacking.

    1. So is that a yes? Christian preachers will speak from the Old Testament? Not a church I'm aware of, but I do see people using the Old Testament to prove homosexuality is a sin all the time

    2. It's not stupid it's in the book of Christianity, the rules of being able to kill other people, meaning Christianity through the Old Testament authorizes or condones killing rough certain sects just like Islam

    3. Ummm fact Christianity is the reason millions of people have died, in comparison to other religions or other authoritarian factors is just a speculative judgement considering there's no way I can prove the amount of people that have actually lost their lives due to Christianity's just as there is no possible way you can prove how many people have lost their lives from communism

    4. He gives page numbers and a book as the reference... Like I said history can be subjective so he could use a variety of reasons to say they lost their lives due to Christianity. Fact, however, there was a catholic inquisition, millions lost their live in the European and North American conquest.

    5. You could very much so. Saying that doesn't disprove my initial theory that "every culture has a subjective value of life and gives the right to kill certain people for a variety of reasons, even Christianity in certain sects of the modern religion"

    6. I have seen scholars claim 250 million people died from Christianity throughout history. Can I prove this true beyond a reasonable doubt? No, can you prove communism has killed more then 100 million people no. It's a speculative number and the fact remains Christianity has definitely killed millions and millions of people you can not deny this fact

    7. Vox I'm Roma = a papal bull issued by THE POPE. Your link basically says there could be more to it then we know as to why the Black Plague spread so quickly throughout Europe. I'm not saying the Catholic Church is to blame for the Black Plague, I'm saying that's how speculative and subjective researchers can be in understanding history, meaning someone who really hates the church will say it's the church's fault . I was using it as a point to prove how subjective history can actually be especially considering there are so many records that have been lost

    8. My probably is me saying there is no way I can factually support my claim, however historically speaking christianity has caused millions and millions of deaths over thousands of years....

    9. Has Christianity, historically, condemned and murdered people in the name of god yes or no.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Nope. The Catholic Church existed and spread for 800 hundred years before Charlemagne was crowned and put an army behind the ideology.
    Luke 19:27 "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"

  8. #48
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    1. So is that a yes? Christian preachers will speak from the Old Testament? Not a church I'm aware of, but I do see people using the Old Testament to prove homosexuality is a sin all the time
    It isn't a yes or a no, your question was loaded and had nothing to do with your initial claim. You want to take the Old Testament on its own to show what Christianity says about killing homosexuals and ignore the new Testament that clearly states that your interpretation is bogus. I mean, maybe you should be arguing this with people who are Jewish or Muslim as their religious texts don't significantly change the Old Testament with later revelations, but your ignorant focus on the Old Testament as Christian law is false.

    2. It's not stupid it's in the book of Christianity, the rules of being able to kill other people, meaning Christianity through the Old Testament authorizes or condones killing rough certain sects just like Islam
    Again, it is stupid because you are taking the old law and trying to apply it to Christians who have a New Testament to guide them. As my Matthew quote clearly shows the Old Testament "Eye for an Eye" is not the law for Christians.

    3. Ummm fact Christianity is the reason millions of people have died, in comparison to other religions or other authoritarian factors is just a speculative judgement considering there's no way I can prove the amount of people that have actually lost their lives due to Christianity's just as there is no possible way you can prove how many people have lost their lives from communism
    Ummm... you seem to have a problem with the English language. You want to claim it is a "fact" that Christianity killed millions of people and then argue that you can't prove it because it is speculative.

    I shouldn;'t have to explain this to you, but... speculation isn't fact.

    4. He gives page numbers and a book as the reference... Like I said history can be subjective so he could use a variety of reasons to say they lost their lives due to Christianity. Fact, however, there was a catholic inquisition, millions lost their live in the European and North American conquest.
    You can't present evidence that the book cited actually says what he is claiming, I am telling you the historical FACTS about the Battle of Belgrade. Muslims attacked the Christian City of Belgrade and were routed. This is not a Christian atrocity as the nimrod you quoted wants to claim.

    5. You could very much so. Saying that doesn't disprove my initial theory that "every culture has a subjective value of life and gives the right to kill certain people for a variety of reasons, even Christianity in certain sects of the modern religion"
    No, you can't. You are trying to prove the rule with exceptions. It's a logical dead end.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #49
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    6. I have seen scholars claim 250 million people died from Christianity throughout history. Can I prove this true beyond a reasonable doubt? No, can you prove communism has killed more then 100 million people no. It's a speculative number and the fact remains Christianity has definitely killed millions and millions of people you can not deny this fact
    You have made a habit of stating many unverified claims as fact (aka "lying"), that doesn't make them true.


    7. Vox I'm Roma = a papal bull issued by THE POPE. Your link basically says there could be more to it then we know as to why the Black Plague spread so quickly throughout Europe. I'm not saying the Catholic Church is to blame for the Black Plague,
    You didn't read my source so stop pretending that you did. You are looking foolish. The outbreaks of the plague throughout Europe have been linked to trade with the Far East. Rats could not be the vector for wide spread plague because the rats and their flees die too quickly from the plague to be a vector. All you are doing is trying to defend an unsupported claim through assumptions about a document you haven't read. That is no way to make a compelling point.

    I'm saying that's how speculative and subjective researchers can be in understanding history, meaning someone who really hates the church will say it's the church's fault . I was using it as a point to prove how subjective history can actually be especially considering there are so many records that have been lost
    Do you really not see that YOU are that very someone who "really hates the church" and is making crap up to support their beliefs?

    8. My probably is me saying there is no way I can factually support my claim, however historically speaking christianity has caused millions and millions of deaths over thousands of years....
    You can't support the claim but it's true anyway? Your anti-Christianity is looking more like your religion with every post!

    9. Has Christianity, historically, condemned and murdered people in the name of god yes or no.
    You are making a QUANTITATIVE claim that you admit you can not back up, stop digging yourself a deeper hole by moving the goalposts.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  10. #50
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    re: U.S. Soldier Who Killed 16 Afghans feels guilt and fear [W:63]

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    Luke 19:27 "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"
    Do I also have to explain to you what a parable is?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •