Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 441

Thread: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party[W:367:425****]

  1. #401
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,693

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    They only thing they did was walk away because he had no reason to detain them.
    Just stop. You have no idea of what you speak and are wrong.
    He had every right to detain to investigative purposes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    He pulled a gun on unarmed children.
    Wrong. He pulled his firearm out and had it at ready in response to an aggressive 19 year old male.
    It was justified.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    He used force to restrain a child who he had no reason to believe was doing anything wrong.

    Her failure to comply was doing wrong. Then she resisted.
    So just stop you clearly have no idea of what you speak.



    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    Show me where in his policy, protocol or training
    No you show me where his actions were prohibited.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    an officer should show up at a relatively calm scene and pull guns and use force on kids,
    You are making assuptions and then compounding your error with exaggeration.
    Each action that were discussing was justified.
    He ran after the kids who took off instead of following his orders.
    The other points were already mentioned.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    and turn what should have been a very simple issue into a national media event.
    The false claims of racism is what did that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    Show me where in his policy, protocol or training it says and officer should let his emotions take control and should overreact to a situation because he feels disrespected by teens. Show me where in his policy, protocol or training it says he can do whatever he wants to whoever he wants because he is a cop and rules dont apply to him.
    No, you were asked to show the violations. Until you do you can not claim they were any violations.
    The only emotions present was his swearing.
    Everything else was justified. Again, show it wasn't. The Chief surely hasn't. So how about you?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #402
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    06-30-17 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,001

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Just stop. You have no idea of what you speak and are wrong.
    He had every right to detain to investigative purposes.


    Wrong. He pulled his firearm out and had it at ready in response to an aggressive 19 year old male.
    It was justified.



    Her failure to comply was doing wrong. Then she resisted.
    So just stop you clearly have no idea of what you speak.



    No you show me where his actions were prohibited.


    You are making assuptions and then compounding your error with exaggeration.
    Each action that were discussing was justified.
    He ran after the kids who took off instead of following his orders.
    The other points were already mentioned.


    The false claims of racism is what did that.


    No, you were asked to show the violations. Until you do you can not claim they were any violations.
    The only emotions present was his swearing.
    Everything else was justified. Again, show it wasn't. The Chief surely hasn't. So how about you?
    If he was acting properly he wouldn't have been disciplined. There is nothing that says you can detain everyone that walks by a pool, so no he did not have the right to detain anyone he wanted too. The boy who he initially pulled the gun in response too had done nothing aggressive. Trying to help a friend being assaulted and make sure she is ok, does not warrant getting a gun pulled on you. Neither had the other kids who many were younger than 19 who had a gun pointed at them either. As for their protocol, you are making the claim. He was suspended for his actions. His boss, who i would assume know the policy and protocol better than you has said he didnt. The false claims of racism didn't escalate this, his actions did. He did not act appropriately, his actions created a hostile situation. Again his being a cop does not give him the authority to do anything he wants to whoever he wants. It does not give him the right to treat people any way he'd like.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  3. #403
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,693

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    If he was acting properly he wouldn't have been disciplined.
    You are again showing you do not know what you are talking about.
    He wasn't.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    There is nothing that says you can detain everyone that walks by a pool,
    You are again showing you do not know what you are talking about.
    He didn't.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    so no he did not have the right to detain anyone he wanted too.
    You are again showing you do not know what you are talking about.
    Go look up the law.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    The boy who he initially pulled the gun in response too had done nothing aggressive.
    If you do not think that approaching the Officer in the way he did is aggressive, you do not live in reality.
    Secondly you have to look at it as how it would have been perceived by the Officer.
    Not second guessing based on what you see.
    Me. I see the 19 year old running up on the Officer. That is aggressive no mater how you wish to categorize it.

    I then see him slip on the grass causing it to look like he is taking an even more aggressive posture.
    I also see when he slipped that both hands reach to his back at separate times making it look like he may have been grabbing for something.

    Of course he was being aggressive by running up on the Officer. Then his misfortune in slipping would have made it appear far worse.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    Trying to help a friend being assaulted and make sure she is ok, does not warrant getting a gun pulled on you.
    No one was being assaulted.
    Trying to help a friend who is resisting lawful detainment is interference and against the law.

    If you do not think that approaching the Officer in the way he did is not aggressive, you do not live in reality.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    Neither had the other kids who many were younger than 19 who had a gun pointed at them either.
    You are again showing you do not know what you are talking about.
    No one had the gun pointed at them.

    He took it out and had it at the ready with his finger off the trigger.
    At no time did he point it at anyone.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    As for their protocol, you are making the claim.
    I do not have to prove the negative here.
    You say there were violations, prove it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    He was suspended for his actions.
    You are again showing you do not know what you are talking about.
    No he wasn't. He was placed on administrative leave so an investigation could be conducted. It is SOP.
    You really should have bothered to find out the facts before engaging in this discussion.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    His boss, who i would assume know the policy and protocol better than you has said he didnt.
    This is you showing you haven't bothered to pay attention to what has already been stated and becasue you didn't you are engaged in a logical fallacy as well as an illogical argument.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    The false claims of racism didn't escalate this, his actions did.
    No. His actions were justified. So no, that is not what caused this.
    It was exactly as I stated. The false claims of racism is what precipitated the reporting and outcry by those who cry wolf.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    his actions created a hostile situation.
    Wrong.
    The failure to comply and then resisting did.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    Again his being a cop does not give him the authority to do anything he wants to whoever he wants. It does not give him the right to treat people any way he'd like.
    More nonsense.
    But for swearing, his actions were justified.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #404
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 02:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Cop was justified, IMO. Kids were being aggressive and threatening.
    The two black males that ran up on him, yea luck they were not shot.

  5. #405
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    06-30-17 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,001

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    More nonsense.
    But for swearing, his actions were justified.
    You aren't actually replying. Keep trying if you want. But his actions are not justified by anyone but you and a couple other people who don't believe cops should be held accountable for their actions.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  6. #406
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,693

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    You aren't actually replying. Keep trying if you want. But his actions are not justified by anyone but you and a couple other people who don't believe cops should be held accountable for their actions.
    No, you are the one who isn't actually replying or refuting any the provided information. His actions were justified and you can nto refute that.
    Not only that, but you were the one spewing untrue bs because you do not know what you are talking about.

    You thinking he pointed his firearm at anyone speaks volumes of your biased perspective.
    Last edited by Excon; 06-12-15 at 02:26 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #407
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,409

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    You aren't actually replying. Keep trying if you want. But his actions are not justified by anyone but you and a couple other people who don't believe cops should be held accountable for their actions.
    Yes.

    And high praise to the other 11 cops who were there who handled it wisely and in control. The Bolthead, not so much.

    Police Chief's press conference:
    "I had 12 officers on scene and 11 of them performed according to their training. They did an excellent job."

    "the actions of Casebolt, as seen on the video of the disturbance at the community pool, are indefensible. Our policies, our training and our practice do not support his actions. He came into the call out of control and as the video shows was out of control during the incident."

  8. #408
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,693

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    Originally Posted by Paperview

    He called Casebolt's actions “indefensible” and “out of control.”

    "Conley emphasized that 11 out of 12 officers on scene “performed according to their training.” He decried those who violated community rules and disrespected authorities during the incident, but also made clear that Casebolt, as a police officer, is held to a higher standard.

    Our policies, our training and our practice do not support his actions,” Conley said during a press conference Tuesday evening."



    Deny all you want. Really. It makes for hilarious reading.
    Still an irrelevant, illogical and an ignorant reply to that what was already pointed out.

    He is not the authority on his actions. The review board would have been.
    Do you or do you not understand that?


    Aagain.
    Though he is not the authority, lets say he is. Whether or not it is as he claimed is open for debate, which makes relying on the claimant as the authority illogical.
    Again. It is obvious that politics and CYA from the BGI is being played.


    Regardless, you can not refute the following and neither has the Chief.
    Nothing he did was criminal or racist. The only thing that can really be said is that his swearing was unprofessional.

    His action in forcing the resisting girl to the ground was justified.
    His action in drawing his firearm was justified.
    His action in detaining individuals to ascertain what was going on was justified.
    His attitude to those who did not listen to what they were told was justified.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #409
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,755

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    I dont get why everyone hasnt figured out that excon is some devil's advocate argument obsessor. He picks the wrong side and argues it out to the fullest, often leading you to your own conclusions and arguing with yourself with key words included or omitted. Honestly your best option is to scroll past his posts every time you see his name.
    Like a stone. A bit bigger than the dirt. Waiting. Except not.

  10. #410
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,409

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Hmmm....who to believe -- the Chief of Police who knows policy, procedures and training and was Casebolt's boss, and a ****ton of Police experts and who side with the Chief --

    or some anonymous internet poster who never met an over-zealous authoritarian he didn't like.

    Hmmmm....decision, decisions.

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •