Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 441

Thread: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party[W:367:425****]

  1. #311
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    I'm not at all happy with the way the Chief handled the press conference. He pretty much threw his cop under the bus and dressed him down in a VERY public manner. While I do believe that the cop was overreacting to the situation that's not the way you, as the HMFIC, publicly addresses the matter. He tossed a big chunk of meat at the local jackals. His words are going to be interpreted as "the kids were right and the cop was wrong" and that's likely going to lead to kids trying to see how far they can push things and still be "right". Meanwhile, he's also likely going to have every one of his cops wondering if their next contact is going to end up with them being the center of a press conference. I guarantee that every cop in the McKinney PD is looking at their uniform right now and envisioning tire treads across the chest.
    Figures you'd say that. Which belies the fact that had the cop executed his duties in a professional manor, and according to his training, and in line with his departments code of conduct, the police chief wouldn't even be holding a press conference. The police chiefs response is evidence that Americans are angry as hell over this, and our voices are drowning yours out. I hope you feel good about being on the completely wrong side of our nations constitution and the people's Bill of Rights!
    Last edited by Montecresto; 06-10-15 at 04:37 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #312
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    He's already resigned and the Chief is playing CYA. I can only hope that someday every cop in your area does the same, providing you with the opportunity to live with the world you wish from your armchair.
    But why would we (or you) wish for professional cops which honor their oaths, follow department conduct codes and respect the Bill of Rights to resign their jobs, hmm? It seems to me that those are the ones we would all want on the job. Those committed to being PEACE officers!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #313
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Here some ironic news. The cop that resigned yesterday......guess what......he's claiming PTSD. Lol. He responded to 2 suicide calls in the complex recently. He says he was in no emotional state to respond to the pool call. Now let's see how the anti PTSD'er's respond to this new information. Lol

  4. #314
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    My understanding is that lots and lots of people loved it. I've also heard more than a handful calling for further action to be taken against Casebolt including "charges" (though I'm not really sure what he should be charged with).

    My concern is that the Chief's handling of this will have a chilling effect on the work his officers are tasked with. If they come to believe that their chain of command doesn't have their back and will cave in to public criticism at the drop of a hat then they will naturally begin to avoid situations where their actions might come under scrutiny. If, for example, they try to stop some creepy guy who is just hanging around a playground for a field interview and the guy takes off they may just let him go because "he really hasn't done anything" and the cell phones were out filming. If, later that afternoon, a 3 year old goes missing from the playground that's just kind of the way things go. They might have been able to at least question the guy if they had his name and address but since there would have been public outrage for stopping him "for no reason" they'll just have to go on to a plan B...as long as it doesn't involve upsetting the sensitivities of the locals.

    I've seen people discussing these cop interactions like police work is something a monkey could do effectively. It isn't. It's a constant process of evaluating situations, evidence and behaviors to figure out whether it means anything or not and there is always the risk that if one of those evaluations is wrong the cop or someone else could end up injured or dead. The cavalier attitude that so many people display regarding police work is disturbing and the main reason it's so disturbing is that there is rarely any real thought that goes into WHY that attitude is so prevalent. It strikes me that people are simply sitting there saying "Well, that cop makes me feel bad/angry/afraid/whatever and he should be punished". Well, we don't get to punish people because we "feel" like they should be punished. That's anarchy and results in a self destructive society.
    If the chain of command takes the back of an unprofessional cop who has dishonored his profession, violated department policies, disrespected the Bill of Rights, we'll be insisting on his removal too! Careful what you wish for.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 06-10-15 at 04:40 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 11:59 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Oh yes, I'm sure you tell yourself that. Believing it so you don't have to recognize the weakness of your views is not the same as living the reality.
    Well, I've made 63 years my way, something must be going right. I pay attention to my surroundings and I carry a pistol. If I need the police I will call them, as a last resort. Mainly, if I think I am going somewhere I might need a gun, I don't go there. It's called avoiding trouble. You might want to try it sometimes. It beats trying to be the tough guy all the time.

  6. #316
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Yes, there are some that do hate cops. Some right here on this forum. Your protests are rendered meaningless by these folks, that's what drowns out your voice crying in the wilderness.
    Except the voices like mine are ruling the day, it's you guys that aren't being heard. Just go listen to the chiefs presser!!!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #317
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Here some ironic news. The cop that resigned yesterday......guess what......he's claiming PTSD. Lol. He responded to 2 suicide calls in the complex recently. He says he was in no emotional state to respond to the pool call. Now let's see how the anti PTSD'er's respond to this new information. Lol
    Don't know what an anti-PTSDer is! but seems to me departments have a new thing to screen out.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #318
    Why so serious?
    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,620

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Don't know what an anti-PTSDer is! but seems to me departments have a new thing to screen out.
    Do you screen them out after they respond to 2 suicide calls, or do you screen them out because they might have to respond to 2 suicide calls? "Sorry Joe, but that's the second suicide call you responded to, so we're going to have to let you go." Not sure that makes much sense.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  9. #319
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Do you screen them out after they respond to 2 suicide calls, or do you screen them out because they might have to respond to 2 suicide calls? "Sorry Joe, but that's the second suicide call you responded to, so we're going to have to let you go." Not sure that makes much sense.
    Am I to assume that he's a veteran?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #320
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,992

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    But it is stupid
    Lots of things kids do are stupid. I fail to see your point.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •