Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 441

Thread: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party[W:367:425****]

  1. #251
    Guru
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,708

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    Policing is an extremely difficult job (though in my city it pays well with great benefits), but there's no place for those that abuse their badge & oath. It's a privilege to be allowed the use of deadly force, and it's not a privilege to be earned or taken lightly.
    Despite what the race baiters and general Liberals here think, I agree with everything you say here.

    But when an incident does occur, we should also look at all the facts before making an automatic judgement of the actions of the police. Ever since Michael Brown, every incident has been turned into a nightmare for cops. Sure, some cases of abuse were obvious. However, some were not. For example...what happened in the van with Freddie Gray?
    I don't know.
    The people of Baltimore don't know.
    Marilyn Mosby doesn't completely know (and probably doesn't care, considering her attitude in the case).

    Despite the fact that nobody knew WTF happened in the van, Baltimore went up in flames.

    Cops should behave themselves. But civilians need to do the same. And if they do, the cops won't land on them and thus there will be no problems.

  2. #252
    Guru
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,708

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    I hope that the idiot cop is working the greeter spot at the local Walmart. Another freaking idiot cop. That job attracts so many twits.
    You spout that crap now....until you need a cop.
    They won't be "freaking idiots" or "twits" then, will they?

  3. #253
    Winged Eel Fingerling
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    You spout that crap now....until you need a cop.
    They won't be "freaking idiots" or "twits" then, will they?
    Blah blah blah, go kiss a cop's boots.

    The problem is, cops should have to take a year off every few years, working in another world where they aren't surrounded by other cops or criminals. They don't have a real view of the world.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  4. #254
    Winged Eel Fingerling
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    Cops should behave themselves. But civilians need to do the same. And if they do, the cops won't land on them and thus there will be no problems.

    Gee how accommodating of you, thinking cops should behave themselves.

    Don't you find it odd, that, given the fact that a large majority of people now have video cameras on them 24/7, that we are seeing all kinds of examples of police abuse?

    Hint: They have been doing this for years!!!! And now, we see it, and we are outraged because we refused to believe it before.

    Cops gotta start changing, because they are abusing.
    Last edited by beefheart; 06-10-15 at 12:01 AM.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  5. #255
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Seen
    03-19-17 @ 03:39 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,415

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Living in Texas for over 50 years, I can tell you that it is one racist state, especially around Plano, McKinney or Vidor. This should be evident in seeing all the racist here who see nothing wrong with this cops behavior.
    I've lived in very white and conservative areas of the south too. It's amazing how openly racist whites can be when around only other whites. Granted, I'm sure this applies to other races as well, but I always laugh when right wingers pretend that white racism is a thing of the past (and that only EVIL minorities are racist today, while whites are oppressed).

  6. #256
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    40,334

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Puigb View Post
    I'ved lived in very white and conservative areas of the south too. It's amazing how openly racist whites can be when around only other whites. Granted, I'm sure this applies to other races as well, but I always laugh when right wingers pretend that white racism is a thing of the past (and that only EVIL minorities are racist today, while whites are oppressed).
    Careful, you're one college degree away from being called a self hating white man.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #257
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Seen
    03-19-17 @ 03:39 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,415

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Careful, you're one college degree away from being called a self hating white man.
    Well, I'm a white hispanic (yes, we do exist, and are not an invention by the "liberal media"). However, for some reason when some (actually most) white people find out what my last name is, or hear me speak spanish, they react with shock and usually say "you're hispanic"? But you look white!", apparently not realizing that hispanic isn't a race, and that not all hispanics are brown skinned toned.

  8. #258
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    40,334

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Puigb View Post
    Well, I'm a white hispanic (yes, we do exist, and are not an invention by the "liberal media"). However, for some reason when some (actually most) white people find out what my last name is, or hear me speak spanish, they react with shock and usually say "you're hispanic"? But you look white!", apparently not realizing that hispanic isn't a race, and that not all hispanics are brown skinned toned.
    You're preaching to the choir. There are people in this forum who have never met a hispanic much less interacted with one outside of listening to Gloria Stefan once a year when they visit Florida for their retirement. However, as with everything, the internet gives the entire world a podium to both advocate and deny.

    You'll find that in this forum there are quite a few racial apologists, racialists and racists. The type whose first reaction will be to say that there are racist people in the North too. Then there are those who are more subtle about their positions. However they get caught every once in a while calling entire races 'savages' or 'less than humans'. Then you have the funny racists. The guys who will deny the contributions made by people from other races, so that they can take credit for the accomplishments of people who came before them. You know, these are the 'personal responsibility' types. Finally, you have the blatantly retarded racists. These are the people who deny evolution, but will swear by intelligence theories that entirely depend on evolution to make their case.

    Anyways, welcome to the forum. Have a nice stay, don't become a hack, eat your greens.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #259
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,198

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    Despite what the race baiters and general Liberals here think, I agree with everything you say here.

    But when an incident does occur, we should also look at all the facts before making an automatic judgement of the actions of the police. Ever since Michael Brown, every incident has been turned into a nightmare for cops. Sure, some cases of abuse were obvious. However, some were not. For example...what happened in the van with Freddie Gray?
    I don't know.
    The people of Baltimore don't know.
    Marilyn Mosby doesn't completely know (and probably doesn't care, considering her attitude in the case).

    Despite the fact that nobody knew WTF happened in the van, Baltimore went up in flames.

    Cops should behave themselves. But civilians need to do the same. And if they do, the cops won't land on them and thus there will be no problems.
    I agree.

    I'm glad the pendulum has swung a bit, but there's the very real possibility it swings too far, and we handicap the police.

    I have some friends on a big-city department, and they do really have the toughest job in the country (I'm speaking specifically of the guys working the slum neighborhoods). These guys can't hesitate in their actions.

    I think they way this situation gets resolved, is when a malfeasant cop's fellow officers step-up to bat, and correct the offender. I suspect the vast majority of this could be done on a buddy-to-buddy personal level, but not all. As long as the blue-line-of-silence prevails, there will always be a protected environment for rogue cops.

    I had a buddy luck-out and get hired by this same big-city department right out of the university, and with no clout - he was just an honest idealistic kid with a criminal justice degree, and a strong desire to be a cop - predominately since he had no father, and benevolent understanding coppers played an important role in his troubled fatherless early-teenage years. He was placed in the worst neighborhood in the city. This was three decades ago. He not only had to fear the streets, but he had to fear the group of dirty cops he worked with more - they were a minority in his precinct, but they were dangerous as hell. And they were his fellow officers - the guys he needed to have his back in the streets. All he could do was go along and wait for a transfer, and eventually he left the department for a career as a lawyer (better suiting him, his education paid for on the department's dime). Luckily, he was a street-smart politically sharp guy, and he managed to navigate his difficult situation 'till he could get out without any serious incident - but to have him tell it, he got lucky.

    So the point of all this is, I believe it's going to take the individual officers (and their command) to police the minority rogue officers amongst themselves. If not, it looks like more of the same, except now the public and media are shining a spotlight on the departments more intently than ever.
    Last edited by Chomsky; 06-10-15 at 12:40 AM. Reason: grammar
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  10. #260
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    The crime was trespassing since pool rules are maximum two guest allowed unless you register a party ahead of time, which these folks did not do. Cop did his job.
    It is very unlikely that this conduct amounted to criminal trespass. It's actually a pretty high bar. Either way, the appropriate action for police to take in the case of mere trespass is never violence and arrest.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •