Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 441

Thread: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party[W:367:425****]

  1. #111
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    03-23-17 @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,617

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Come off it. You don't care a bit about the language used when it's the criminal using it. There are times when foul language has an effect.

    And this nonsense about the cops acting like punks is just silly. Some punks organized a crash of a community event in a private community, they had their excuse ready to go. They were destructive little assholes and the police were called.
    Of course noone cares about a criminal acting like a loud mouthed, cursing jerk... Thats what a criminal is expected to do.... What you dont expect... Is a cop to do it. So why would someone judge the criminal over the cop? You are saying its ok for cops to act like douchey jerks because noone chastizes criminals? That is realllly your argument?? "You let criminals do it so cops should be able to do it to" 0.0
    Is society was made of coral our world would be floral.

  2. #112
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,621

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Of course noone cares about a criminal acting like a loud mouthed, cursing jerk... Thats what a criminal is expected to do.... What you dont expect... Is a cop to do it. So why would someone judge the criminal over the cop? You are saying its ok for cops to act like douchey jerks because noone chastizes criminals? That is realllly your argument?? "You let criminals do it so cops should be able to do it to" 0.0
    Police shouldnt be able to curse ?

    Is that the issue ?
    " If no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else ? "
    Ronald Reagan

  3. #113
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    03-23-17 @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,617

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Police shouldnt be able to curse ?

    Is that the issue ?
    Police cursing and using profanity doesnt bother me much (maybe if I had little kids around). But im explaining how his stance is retarded. "You are ok with criminals cursing so you should be ok with cops cursing". Really retarded argument. Of course no one gets offended when a scallywag curses. Its expected of them. But when a cop acts like a scallywag......
    Is society was made of coral our world would be floral.

  4. #114
    Professor
    HowardBThiname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    America's Heartland
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 03:47 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,955

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I saw the video. The officer was out of line.
    What I don't understand is why people today (some) think it's okay to physically resist arrest. That never works in their favor.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    03-23-17 @ 02:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,957

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Police shouldnt be able to curse ?

    Is that the issue ?
    The way he was talking to the kids, and the language he was using toward the kids was inappropriate. Cops should be professional when working, and noone should talk to kids who aren't really doing anything wrong that way.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  6. #116
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    06-09-15 @ 04:43 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Of course noone cares about a criminal acting like a loud mouthed, cursing jerk... Thats what a criminal is expected to do.... What you dont expect... Is a cop to do it. So why would someone judge the criminal over the cop? You are saying its ok for cops to act like douchey jerks because noone chastizes criminals? That is realllly your argument?? "You let criminals do it so cops should be able to do it to" 0.0
    So maybe the criminals (and you maybe) should stop "Making Excuses for bad behavior altogether", and maybe stop using the race card as a tool to get out of the consequences that bad behavior leads to. It was a gated community pool. Had to have an ID to enter. Hopping the fence is not about race, it's about bad behavior, which comes in a variety of genders, and colors.

  7. #117
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,621

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    The way he was talking to the kids, and the language he was using toward the kids was inappropriate. Cops should be professional when working, and noone should talk to kids who aren't really doing anything wrong that way.
    Nonsense.

    First, its not like those kids were being assaulted by words theyve never heard before.

    The Music being played by the DJ at that party was filled with expletives.

    Second, it was his job to control a already out of control situation.

    Kids were refusing his commands and even jumping towards him.

    I wonder what any of the people who criticize this officers actions would have done of it was THEIR JOB to replace anarchy with order.

    How would they or you have gone about it ?

    Saying " please " ? Asking nicely ? Those kids would have treated you like dirt while you continued to lose control of the situation.
    Last edited by Fenton; 06-09-15 at 03:59 PM.
    " If no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else ? "
    Ronald Reagan

  8. #118
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    06-09-15 @ 04:43 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    There is also absolutely no excuse for juveniles to act like that either.

  9. #119
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    It's likely that he was pulled from duty more as a political move to mitigate the likelihood of riots and crap.

    You're claiming that I'm trivializing the cop's behavior. Fine. You're certainly entitled to your opinion but I have yet to see you criticize the behavior of the kids or acknowledge that it was their actions that necessitated the police response. This isn't a one sided issue and until all those "victims" out there start acknowledging that they are part of the problem it will never be fixed.
    I can't tell by the video what the kids are doing wrong, but based on eye witness testimony, calling the police in seemed certainly prudent and a necessary response. The point again Lutherf, is that you and I have already agreed that the response they got was excessive. Of course we want the kids prosecuted for any laws that they broke, none of which are apparent in the video, but there you go, I'm calling out the kids. Now do like CC and call for the cops reprimand and we can all go forward.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 06-09-15 at 04:29 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #120
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,016

    Re: Cop Suspended After Arrests At Teen Pool Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Here's an interview from USAToday of the only White person allegedly detained at the party. Her account supports what most people have already said...that the majority of the kids who were detained were Black teens. But when you consider how other teens were trying to sneak their friends into the pool area by passing their invitation/pass over the poor area fence, it kinda makes sense that they were the only people being pursued. That said, this cop's behavior was still uncalled for.
    Wow!!

    According to her, she approached the police to tell them what happened, and the cops arrested her because she was "involved" (as a witness)

    Great way to make witnesses more willing to cooperate with police!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •