Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: 2 murderers escape Max. security prison in NY

  1. #31
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,710
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2 murderers escape Max. security prison in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Sure, Alaska, Oklahoma, and Nevada are more dangerous than California, New Jersey, New York, Illinois, and Michigan.

    OK, right.
    Well, Alaskan winters are pretty deadly, so I here. And I think there are a lot of bodies buried in Nevada. Oklahoma, though.....just isn't very dangerous.
    "Half full or half empty doesn't matter. What matters is, you've only got half a glass...so what are you going to do about it?" - Me
    www.kohlerimaging.com

  2. #32
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,710
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2 murderers escape Max. security prison in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    Yeah, but so is NYC, Chicago, L.A. - and with far larger populations.

    So the rural areas of TN must be affected, too (at least somewhat).

    Either way, I was caught be surprise ...
    You know, I read someplace that little old CT lays claim to some of the most violent places, too. Which....if you've met people form CT......is a little weird.


    It's like thinking about gang violence in, like, Portland. "Gangs? What gangs?"
    "Half full or half empty doesn't matter. What matters is, you've only got half a glass...so what are you going to do about it?" - Me
    www.kohlerimaging.com

  3. #33
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,652

    Re: 2 murderers escape Max. security prison in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Oh, no, I'm thinking in terms of winter. Yeah, summer, they're lovely.

    But winter? They take no prisoners.
    I believe you.

    Having been raised in hot climates (though the deserts can get cold in the winter time), I automatically assosciated "deadly climate" with "heat". But now that you mention it, I bet the Adirondacks do get very cold. Then factor in hypothermia if someone is cold and wet from either rain or from trying to cross a creek.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    12,857

    Re: 2 murderers escape Max. security prison in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    You know, I read someplace that little old CT lays claim to some of the most violent places, too. Which....if you've met people form CT......is a little weird.


    It's like thinking about gang violence in, like, Portland. "Gangs? What gangs?"
    Irrespective of thoughts of CT's bucolic splendor, I've heard (from a Yalee friend) that New Haven can be pretty funky!
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  5. #35
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,710
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2 murderers escape Max. security prison in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    I believe you.

    Having been raised in hot climates (though the deserts can get cold in the winter time), I automatically assosciated "deadly climate" with "heat". But now that you mention it, I bet the Adirondacks do get very cold. Then factor in hypothermia if someone is cold and wet from either rain or from trying to cross a creek.
    They're nasty. Freezing cold, sleet, rain, out of the blue, no warning at all. Wind. I went up there for a winter photoshoot, because there is a nice lake that I wanted to see after it had a snowed a bit, and I swear, I'm a pretty hardy, tough sorta guy, even MORE so at that time, I was in my 20s....but screw me, I'll NEVER........EVER do that again. And that was just a couple hour hike. Dude, I thought I was gonna die, lol. I mean, yeah, I was a BIT under prepared...just had typical winter clothes, no snow shoes, and my camera and about 30 pounds of gear. But still. Half way back, I did. I thought I might just have bitten off more than I could chew. No cell phone, no way to call for help. Couldn't feel my feet, or my face, or my hands. Snot frozen on my cheeks. I was a hot mess. By the time I FINALLY made it back to my car, I felt like I had been gone for DAYS. I sucked so bad.
    "Half full or half empty doesn't matter. What matters is, you've only got half a glass...so what are you going to do about it?" - Me
    www.kohlerimaging.com

  6. #36
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,710
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2 murderers escape Max. security prison in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    Irrespective of thoughts of CT's bucolic splendor, I've heard (from a Yalee friend) that New Haven can be pretty funky!
    New Haven is AWESOME, and yet, apparently, murderous. You'd never think it to drive through there...but yeah. Apparently, people get shot/stabbed there on the regular. And they're not even the worst, anymore, now that title belongs to Bridgeport....which, makes more since. That place is pretty gritty.
    "Half full or half empty doesn't matter. What matters is, you've only got half a glass...so what are you going to do about it?" - Me
    www.kohlerimaging.com

  7. #37
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    12,857

    Re: 2 murderers escape Max. security prison in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    New Haven is AWESOME, and yet, apparently, murderous. You'd never think it to drive through there...but yeah. Apparently, people get shot/stabbed there on the regular. And they're not even the worst, anymore, now that title belongs to Bridgeport....which, makes more since. That place is pretty gritty.
    All I know is: New Haven is on my bucket-list for clam pizza - and as long as the line is not 'murderously long', I'm sure I'll survive!

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  8. #38
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,525

    Re: 2 murderers escape Max. security prison in NY

    A cop saw one of the escapees jogging along the railroad tracks and stopped him for a chat. They had a ten minute discussion including the prison escape. The cop even remarked how similar the guy looked to one of the escapee descriptions. Then he laughed and let him go. lol




    At least they know the direction he was heading...and it kinda looks like Canada. Perhaps the dogs can pick up scent along the tracks.


    So, now we know the escapees have separated and are wearing what appears to be underwear er uh "jogging shorts". Maybe the dogs could still pick up his scent.

  9. #39
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,652

    Re: 2 murderers escape Max. security prison in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    They're nasty. Freezing cold, sleet, rain, out of the blue, no warning at all. Wind. I went up there for a winter photoshoot, because there is a nice lake that I wanted to see after it had a snowed a bit, and I swear, I'm a pretty hardy, tough sorta guy, even MORE so at that time, I was in my 20s....but screw me, I'll NEVER........EVER do that again. And that was just a couple hour hike. Dude, I thought I was gonna die, lol. I mean, yeah, I was a BIT under prepared...just had typical winter clothes, no snow shoes, and my camera and about 30 pounds of gear. But still. Half way back, I did. I thought I might just have bitten off more than I could chew. No cell phone, no way to call for help. Couldn't feel my feet, or my face, or my hands. Snot frozen on my cheeks. I was a hot mess. By the time I FINALLY made it back to my car, I felt like I had been gone for DAYS. I sucked so bad.
    Wow, that was close. I can see myself doing the same thing.

    Cold and wet is a definite killer. Sadly, a man and his two sons were recently killed while hiking in south east Missouri after an unexpected temperature drop led to freezing rain and they missed a key trail in the dark. Your experience has all the makings of an episode of I shouldn't be alive. Good thing you did not become disoriented and were able to make it back to your car.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    A cop saw one of the escapees jogging along the railroad tracks and stopped him for a chat. They had a ten minute discussion including the prison escape. The cop even remarked how similar the guy looked to one of the escapee descriptions. Then he laughed and let him go. lol
    Though I cant get sound on this computer, he carried on a conversation with the police officer for ten minutes, yet kept his cool. No doubt the guy has a vast cheering section in every prison in America. For better or far more likely for worse, these two have the makings of Jesse James style folk "heros".
    Last edited by Cryptic; 06-09-15 at 08:37 PM.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    12,857

    Re: 2 murderers escape Max. security prison in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    A cop saw one of the escapees jogging along the railroad tracks and stopped him for a chat. They had a ten minute discussion including the prison escape. The cop even remarked how similar the guy looked to one of the escapee descriptions. Then he laughed and let him go. lol




    At least they know the direction he was heading...and it kinda looks like Canada. Perhaps the dogs can pick up scent along the tracks.


    So, now we know the escapees have separated and are wearing what appears to be underwear er uh "jogging shorts". Maybe the dogs could still pick up his scent.
    Wow!

    That was absolutely amazing.

    I could tell the prisoner was nervous at first, but he really handled it brilliantly.

    The copper asked way too many questions with leading answers, but the leads were accurate! That's not the way I remember my several juvi run-ins back in the big city - those coppers were smart & could sniff-out a lie in a heartbeat. Eerily smart!

    I'm still blown-away the cop let him-off without verifying identity.

    Shoddy police-work.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •