Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 127

Thread: President Vladimir Putin tells West not to fear Russia

  1. #91
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: President Vladimir Putin tells West not to fear Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    If it were up to Dmitry Rogozin....Alaska would be returned.


    Controversial Russian politician to head Arctic commission | Alaska Dispatch News
    Sense it was one of our more legal acquisitions, I doubt that.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #92
    Invictus


    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:50 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,106

    Re: President Vladimir Putin tells West not to fear Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Sense it was one of our more legal acquisitions, I doubt that.
    The transfer of Crimea to Ukraine over 60 years ago is legal also.


    Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Soviet Union
    decree transferring Crimea to Ukraine on 19 February 1954


    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. -- Marine Corps General James 'Chaos' Mattis

  3. #93
    Not liberal/conservative
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,807

    Re: President Vladimir Putin tells West not to fear Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Sense it was one of our more legal acquisitions, I doubt that.
    You can doubt it all you want but deputy prime minister Dmitry Rogozin publicly asserts that Russia deserves the return of Alaska to them.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: President Vladimir Putin tells West not to fear Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    The transfer of Crimea to Ukraine over 60 years ago is legal also.


    Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Soviet Union
    decree transferring Crimea to Ukraine on 19 February 1954
    And so was the transfer back. You guys love self determination...................until you don't.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #95
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: President Vladimir Putin tells West not to fear Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    You can doubt it all you want but deputy prime minister Dmitry Rogozin publicly asserts that Russia deserves the return of Alaska to them.
    And......................let them buy it back, you know the GOP will sell it to them as they've sold so much of the rest of America!!!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #96
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    32,853

    Re: President Vladimir Putin tells West not to fear Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    You can doubt it all you want but deputy prime minister Dmitry Rogozin publicly asserts that Russia deserves the return of Alaska to them.
    They can't afford it. We paid them fair market value at the time. We deserve fair market value today... presuming we even were willing to sell, which we're not.

    And if he's advocating taking it by force, my original point still stands... they can't afford it.

    Basically, the man is posturing. No more.
    Roger Rabbit: Yeah. Check the probate. Why, my Uncle Thumper had a problem with HIS probate, and he had to take these big pills, and drink lots of water.

    Eddie Valiant: Not prostate, you idiot, PROBATE!

  7. #97
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    32,853

    Re: President Vladimir Putin tells West not to fear Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    And so was the transfer back. You guys love self determination...................until you don't.
    Was the transfer back legit? That's questionable, at best.
    Roger Rabbit: Yeah. Check the probate. Why, my Uncle Thumper had a problem with HIS probate, and he had to take these big pills, and drink lots of water.

    Eddie Valiant: Not prostate, you idiot, PROBATE!

  8. #98
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: President Vladimir Putin tells West not to fear Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Was the transfer back legit? That's questionable, at best.
    Only if self determination is questionable.

    Why the Ukraine Crisis Is the West's Fault
    http://www.cfr.org/russia-and-centra...s-fault/p33940
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #99
    Not liberal/conservative
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,807

    Re: President Vladimir Putin tells West not to fear Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    They can't afford it. We paid them fair market value at the time. We deserve fair market value today... presuming we even were willing to sell, which we're not.

    And if he's advocating taking it by force, my original point still stands... they can't afford it.

    Basically, the man is posturing. No more.
    Well Rogozin did say that "Tanks don't need visas!"

  10. #100
    Not liberal/conservative
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,807

    Re: President Vladimir Putin tells West not to fear Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    And......................let them buy it back, you know the GOP will sell it to them as they've sold so much of the rest of America!!!
    I see this is just a hyper partisan rant for you?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •