Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 388

Thread: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Obama already cut a large number of government jobs so you can't play that old card.
    Your sweats must be on fire. Did Obama really make government bigger? - Jan. 25, 2012

    The reality is that we need laws that benefit companies that do business here in the United States and eliminate tax credits for businesses that outsource. "Business friendly environment" is just a nice way of saying "Corporate Welfare"....which is often the GOP's answer to everything. The whole rhetoric of class warfare is nothing more than a way for the Republicans to push their failed "trickle down economics" theory that never works. What is it about the GOP that they keep trying the same failed things over and over and expect different results the next time around?
    No, the reality is that Obama has been getting the country in debt by over a trillion dollars a year with nothing to show for it. Certain;ly some of it went to 'corporate welfare' as you say, like Solyndra, or all those millions that just disappeared with the 'stimulus plan'. Be a friend of Obama and his party and your business is half way there.

  2. #272
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,378

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Your sweats must be on fire. Did Obama really make government bigger? - Jan. 25, 2012

    No, the reality is that Obama has been getting the country in debt by over a trillion dollars a year with nothing to show for it. Certain;ly some of it went to 'corporate welfare' as you say, like Solyndra, or all those millions that just disappeared with the 'stimulus plan'. Be a friend of Obama and his party and your business is half way there.

    LOL....your link doesn't support your argument....in fact it dispels it. Did you even read it before you linked it?

  3. #273
    Professor
    distraff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    02-24-16 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,300

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    We are moving from manufactured products and services to virtual products and services today, that's a far greater expansion of technology.
    Ok, we are thinking of things in a very different way. I am thinking of technology that relates to wealth.

    The reason I think technological advancement is slowing down is because GDP growth per year is slowing down. It used to average 4% now it is around 2.5%.
    http://ablog.typepad.com/.a/6a00e554...1676b38970b-pi

  4. #274
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL....your link doesn't support your argument....in fact it dispels it. Did you even read it before you linked it?
    Of course, but did you?

    Here's more. Obama government shrinking after period of rapid growth - The Washington Post

    And more. President Obama: The Biggest Government Spender In World History - Forbes

    He has also increased the national debt by $1 trillion per year with nothing at all to show for it, except more people on public assistance.

  5. #275
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,378

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Of course, but did you?

    Here's more. Obama government shrinking after period of rapid growth - The Washington Post

    And more. President Obama: The Biggest Government Spender In World History - Forbes

    He has also increased the national debt by $1 trillion per year with nothing at all to show for it, except more people on public assistance.
    If you did.....then you wouldn't have posted it....because it said pretty much opposite of what you claimed.

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    If you did.....then you wouldn't have posted it....because it said pretty much opposite of what you claimed.
    You said "Obama already cut a large number of government jobs so you can't play that old card" when that is clearly not true. You either educate yourself by supporting your claims with solid evidence or you stay the way you are..

  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    This country was founded by rebelling against an aristocracy. We have built a new aristocracy, ensuring that the rich are very very rich and stay that way across generations, while poverty is inherited and the lower middle class has little chance to move up. Of course that troubles us. It is antithetical to everything we believe in. Unfortunately, we try to pretend that this problem doesn't exist and many people oppose measures to equal the playing field because they don't want anything holding them down when they become rich.
    That's just factually incorrect

  8. #278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Newsflash: democrats want to redistribute wealth.

    Stop the presses. The New York Slimes is making some groundbreaking discoveries here. No stone left unturned, I tell ya.

  9. #279
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    11-29-16 @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,228

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Newsflash: democrats want to redistribute wealth.

    Stop the presses. The New York Slimes is making some groundbreaking discoveries here. No stone left unturned, I tell ya.
    Then you didn't read the article. The article was about both Republicans and Democrats troubled about income inequality. It is indeed a problem that everyone should be concerned. The French elite were not concerned about it either. But don't lose your head.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    Then you didn't read the article. The article was about both Republicans and Democrats troubled about income inequality. It is indeed a problem that everyone should be concerned. The French elite were not concerned about it either. But don't lose your head.
    In the OP: 6 in 10 Americans are concerned....8 in 10 democrats and a minority of Republicans

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •