Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 388

Thread: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

  1. #101
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,464
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You're missing a simple point. Even if stagnant...US incomes are still higher than most of the rest of the world.
    Right.


    We're still the best, so why try to be better?



    What a great argument.
    "Half full or half empty doesn't matter. What matters is, you've only got half a glass...so what are you going to do about it?" - Me
    www.kohlerimaging.com

  2. #102
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,464
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    we don't give tax cuts to those companies.

    however maybe if we made business environment more hospitable then they wouldn't be moving overseas to begin with.

    Is there a corporate tax break that ships jobs overseas? | PolitiFact

    yet another lie told by the left.
    Please. As if minimum wage is the reason. Not to ruffle your skirt, sister, but the EPA is a BIG reason, and hey. why not, right? Just bulldoze our environment here in the US for tidy profit, no bug deal that has no historical reference of back firing, right?
    "Half full or half empty doesn't matter. What matters is, you've only got half a glass...so what are you going to do about it?" - Me
    www.kohlerimaging.com

  3. #103
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,464
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Not third world. First world.
    Say's the guy who likely wishes we were more competitive with chine for jobs, lol.
    "Half full or half empty doesn't matter. What matters is, you've only got half a glass...so what are you going to do about it?" - Me
    www.kohlerimaging.com

  4. #104
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    11-09-16 @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,227

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Right.


    We're still the best, so why try to be better?



    What a great argument.
    More like "we're steadily sinking but still 3rd place, so why do anything while it's not too late to avoid falling behind malaysia"

  5. #105
    Professor
    distraff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    02-24-16 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,300

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You're missing a simple point. Even if stagnant...US incomes are still higher than most of the rest of the world.
    I already addressed that. If our incomes are stagnant Europe and Asia will catch up. In my mind, if you are standing still you are really falling behind because everybody is moving forward.

    Also, I don't understand why you would choose stagnation over healthy economic growth for the middle class. Doing this will take strong technological development, good education, low taxes and regulations, and moderate income inequality.

  6. #106
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Right.


    We're still the best, so why try to be better?



    What a great argument.
    "Better"? How is taking what someone earned and giving it to someone that didn't earn it, specially when it's not actually necessary....."better"?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #107
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by distraff View Post
    I already addressed that. If our incomes are stagnant Europe and Asia will catch up. In my mind, if you are standing still you are really falling behind because everybody is moving forward.

    Also, I don't understand why you would choose stagnation over healthy economic growth for the middle class. Doing this will take strong technological development, good education, low taxes and regulations, and moderate income inequality.
    So what if they catch up? When you're talking about taking money from the rich and giving it to the poor....there should be a reason to do so. "Fair" is not a reason...."need" would be. Americans as a whole can support themselves. At some point, even the leftest of ideologues need to realize that there is a difference between need and want. You guys aren't pissed that the poor have it bad....you're pissed that some don't have it bad. If you're taking money from those that have "too much" and giving it to those that have less simply for the sake of doing it....you're (society) committing theft.

    The American condition is actually better than in most other places in the world. You guys need to put away the torches and pitch forks and try to figure out how to earn your way to the 1% rather than trying to get the govt to give their money to you.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #108
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Say's the guy who likely wishes we were more competitive with chine for jobs, lol.
    Engrish, please.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #109
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,353

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Please. As if minimum wage is the reason. Not to ruffle your skirt, sister, but the EPA is a BIG reason, and hey. why not, right? Just bulldoze our environment here in the US for tidy profit, no bug deal that has no historical reference of back firing, right?
    strawman arguments will always be strawman arguments.

    this has nothing to do with what I posted. please go back read and understand.
    yes the US has become hostile to businesses. they are moving to more friendly businesses environments.

    more so under this administration. now the EPA is attacking the airline. that is all they can do is try to shut businesses down instead of building them up.
    the cost in jobs and business growth is huge.

    however as I proved there is no such thing as tax breaks for moving jobs overseas. it is just another liberal lie.
    right up there with you can keep your plan if you like it and you can keep your doctor.

  10. #110
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,433

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    strawman arguments will always be strawman arguments.

    this has nothing to do with what I posted. please go back read and understand.
    yes the US has become hostile to businesses. they are moving to more friendly businesses environments.

    more so under this administration. now the EPA is attacking the airline. that is all they can do is try to shut businesses down instead of building them up.
    the cost in jobs and business growth is huge.
    Of course they're moving to "more friendly" business locals. Such as places like China:

    china-bad-pollution-climate-change-7__880.jpg

    What's not to like - socialize the costs of pollution, privatize the profits. Works every time it's been tried!

    Also, too, workplace safety is overrated. We'd have a lot more jobs if we just accepted workplace deaths/disease/injuries of the proles when it slows progress! Etc.

    I have no doubt we could as a country eliminate a lot of regulations on the margins that would have little effect on the things we care about, but that is a difficult process, that takes more work than just whining about the EPA, which came about and got its power because we had air and water like China. It's far cheaper and you get higher economic growth when millions of individuals pay for pollution with shorter lives and poor health than when the polluter pays for cleanup at the source. OSHA emerged because businesses objectively ignore problems that don't come with a cost to them. What is a life worth? For businesses, it's worth precisely what a lawsuit after the death/disease/injury will cost, if the family of the dead are allowed to sue, and the state forces the defendant to pay. In "business friendly" locations, that worth is effectively zero, and so workplaces aren't safe. Workers put up with it because not ALL THAT MANY people die immediately, and the long term risks from exposure to chemicals are hidden, and after all in corrupt regimes the alternative is starvation and death.

    Etc....

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •