Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 388

Thread: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

  1. #91
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,834
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    They're not clueless how to fix it. Create job growth, not handouts. Done.
    We can create job growth by not giving tax cuts to companies that ship jobs overseas. Republicans oppose such ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Blacks aren't committing more crime. That's the point. They use drugs at similar rates yet they get harsher sentences and more convictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    I disagree. Just because their drug usage may be no different does not mean their propensity to commit crime is the same or equal.

  2. #92
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,834
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    They're not clueless how to fix it. Create job growth, not handouts. Done.
    What's the republican plan for job growth besides more tax cuts for the 1%?

  3. #93
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    What's the republican plan for job growth besides more tax cuts for the 1%?
    Ask Rick Perry.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #94
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    We can create job growth by not giving tax cuts to companies that ship jobs overseas. Republicans oppose such ideas.
    Which companies got tax cuts for shipping jobs overseas?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #95
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Ask Rick Perry.
    https://www.aei.org/publication/char...by-1-23m-jobs/
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #96
    Professor
    distraff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    02-24-16 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,300

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    It's amazing how much they've grown. Our poorest are richer than 68% of the world.
    My question for you is why are the poor in the US so rich compared to the rest of the world? Because economic growth used to be distributed proportional to income so when America became richer, so did the poor.

    So you are using the fact that the poor in the US are richer than most of the world to try to defend not giving them a fair share of new economic growth, but the only reason they are richer than most of the world is because they have gotten a fair share of economic growth historically. I don't see any reason why the poor should stop getting at least some of the economic growth when they have historically.

    Stagnating middle class? So, in reality....you're complaint is that you're not in the 1%...not that the 1% is bad.
    No I am not. I am complaining about the fact that when companies get new profits the executives are choosing to give most of the profits to themselves and almost none to their workers. Business success is a team effort and it is not fair to only reward those at the top. That is what I am saying.

    And yet our country has higher wages, higher PPP, higher disposable income than most of the world. How unfair.
    Yes we do, but hourly wages have been stagnant since 1970. This is giving the rest of the world time to catch up to the US.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zdtJ1XIr7z...urly-wages.png

    While our GDP per capita growth has been impressive, much of that is due to the rich in the US getting richer. Median yearly wages are not growing nearly as quickly and have stagnated since 2000.
    http://lanekenworthy.files.wordpress...2-version1.png

    With a stagnant middle class whose yearly wages have not grown since 2000 and whose hourly income has not grown since 1970, this gives other nations time to start catching up.

    Millennials now earn $2,000 less than their parents at the same point in their lives and they are less employed.
    Young adults earn $2,000 less today than their parents did in 1980, adjusted for inflation - The Atlantic

    I am sorry but the America you want is not the one I want my children to grow up in. In your America social mobility keeps falling, the poor and middle class don't get any richer and most of the economic growth goes to the people riding in jets. I want my children to grow up in an America where all income groups are getting richer together and social mobility is getting easier and easier.

  7. #97
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by distraff View Post
    My question for you is why are the poor in the US so rich compared to the rest of the world? Because economic growth used to be distributed proportional to income so when America became richer, so did the poor.

    So you are using the fact that the poor in the US are richer than most of the world to try to defend not giving them a fair share of new economic growth, but the only reason they are richer than most of the world is because they have gotten a fair share of economic growth historically. I don't see any reason why the poor should stop getting at least some of the economic growth when they have historically.



    No I am not. I am complaining about the fact that when companies get new profits the executives are choosing to give most of the profits to themselves and almost none to their workers. Business success is a team effort and it is not fair to only reward those at the top. That is what I am saying.



    Yes we do, but hourly wages have been stagnant since 1970. This is giving the rest of the world time to catch up to the US.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zdtJ1XIr7z...urly-wages.png

    While our GDP per capita growth has been impressive, much of that is due to the rich in the US getting richer. Median yearly wages are not growing nearly as quickly and have stagnated since 2000.
    http://lanekenworthy.files.wordpress...2-version1.png

    With a stagnant middle class whose yearly wages have not grown since 2000 and whose hourly income has not grown since 1970, this gives other nations time to start catching up.

    Millennials now earn $2,000 less than their parents at the same point in their lives and they are less employed.
    Young adults earn $2,000 less today than their parents did in 1980, adjusted for inflation - The Atlantic

    I am sorry but the America you want is not the one I want my children to grow up in. In your America social mobility keeps falling, the poor and middle class don't get any richer and most of the economic growth goes to the people riding in jets. I want my children to grow up in an America where all income groups are getting richer together and social mobility is getting easier and easier.
    You're missing a simple point. Even if stagnant...US incomes are still higher than most of the rest of the world.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #98
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,834
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You're missing a simple point. Even if stagnant...US incomes are still higher than most of the rest of the world.
    Republicans have to compare American incomes to those of third world countries to make themselves feel better about what they've done to our economy. Their new Campaign slogan: hey at least we're not Namibia!
    Last edited by reinoe; 06-06-15 at 09:23 PM.

  9. #99
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:02 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,329

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    We can create job growth by not giving tax cuts to companies that ship jobs overseas. Republicans oppose such ideas.
    we don't give tax cuts to those companies.

    however maybe if we made business environment more hospitable then they wouldn't be moving overseas to begin with.

    Is there a corporate tax break that ships jobs overseas? | PolitiFact

    yet another lie told by the left.

  10. #100
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Inequality Troubles Americans Across Party Lines, Times/CBS Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Republicans have to compare American incomes to those of third world countries to make themselves feel better about what they've done to our economy. Their new Campaign slogan: hey at least we're not Namibia!
    Not third world. First world.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •