Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: US Officials Say Government Assessing Massive Breach of Federal Personnel Data

  1. #21
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,759
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: US officials report Massive Data Breach at Federal Human Resources Agency.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah and????? So what.....we have plenty around here that our duplication threads. You don't see a rush to fix any of that do you.
    Uh just following the rules and trying to make it more efficient... No need to get all upity.

    Although I do have quite a bit on this. I think you know where I am going with it now tho, huh?
    No I have no idea.
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US officials report Massive Data Breach at Federal Human Resources Agency.....

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Uh just following the rules and trying to make it more efficient... No need to get all upity.


    No I have no idea.

    Oh well.

  3. #23
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    47,852

    Re: US officials report Massive Data Breach at Federal Human Resources Agency.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    What's going on? Our federal government is so incredibly incompetent especially the current administration!

    I can't imagine why any sensible-rational person would trust government with anything but the bare essentials!

    Has anyone ever before seen what appears to be something everyday going so bad under any other president?

    What - A - Mess!
    And yet you never gave a **** about the millions of citizens affected when hackers go after private businesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  4. #24
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,069

    Re: US Officials Say Government Assessing Massive Breach of Federal Personnel Data

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    But remember we need big brother to watch out for us with this kind of stuff!
    Same with defense and providing security for it's citizens. But this breach is against big brother who can't even defend itself. So where is the protection you say big brother is supposed to provide, when it can't even provide it for itself?

    Thus I have no faith in government with protecting against cyber attacks that is proven and further it's proven we can't even make a website work. Remember the role out of Obamacare after two years and millions spent and it would not work. Plus this is not even the first breach as pointed out by MMC there are more.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  5. #25
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    03-27-17 @ 12:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,639

    Re: US officials report Massive Data Breach at Federal Human Resources Agency.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    And yet you never gave a **** about the millions of citizens affected when hackers go after private businesses.
    I most certainly do and I blame the Obama Administration for that also; considering most of those hackers are in the service of hostile foreign governments!

    IMO; a cyber attack by a foreign government is an act of war which is an opinion shared by many!
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  6. #26
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    47,852

    Re: US officials report Massive Data Breach at Federal Human Resources Agency.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    I most certainly do and I blame the Obama Administration for that also; considering most of those hackers are in the service of hostile foreign governments!

    IMO; a cyber attack by a foreign government is an act of war which is an opinion shared by many!


    I was wondering how you'd spin that to be Obama's fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  7. #27
    Educator
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    735

    Re: US officials report Massive Data Breach at Federal Human Resources Agency.....

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Good morning, MMC.

    I'm not very familiar with "hacking." How can it be determined who is doing the hacking when it theoretically could be anyone on the planet? Do they leave some kind of "signature" or something? I know that businesses have been hacked, but I assume that would be for financial reasons - credit card info, etc. What interest would anyone have in some low level person working in a government office, as an example? What information might be useful to the hacker? This is surreal!
    I'll try to get a link in a bit, I think it is generally figured out by a sort of signature though. Not so much a "china was here," but I guess there are certain ways the hacks are done, bounced through certain nodes or what have you that can create a sort of "signature" style a certain group or country (etc.) uses. Then of course some like Anonymous/Lizard Squad/etc. actually leave text saying they did it, but those folk aren't hitting the government anyways, probably in part because they wouldn't be able to anyways.

    As to the use, I feel China is trying to find people with security clearances and such. Possibly trying to find in particular people who may be doing espionage work for the US in China and/or it's partners. However purely guessing on that, not even sure if they could glean that from the data stolen.

  8. #28
    Sage

    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,345

    Re: US officials report Massive Data Breach at Federal Human Resources Agency.....

    Quote Originally Posted by coyotedelmar View Post
    I'll try to get a link in a bit, I think it is generally figured out by a sort of signature though. Not so much a "china was here," but I guess there are certain ways the hacks are done, bounced through certain nodes or what have you that can create a sort of "signature" style a certain group or country (etc.) uses. Then of course some like Anonymous/Lizard Squad/etc. actually leave text saying they did it, but those folk aren't hitting the government anyways, probably in part because they wouldn't be able to anyways.

    As to the use, I feel China is trying to find people with security clearances and such. Possibly trying to find in particular people who may be doing espionage work for the US in China and/or it's partners. However purely guessing on that, not even sure if they could glean that from the data stolen.
    Greetings, coyotedelmar.

    China has already denied that it's them, and for some reason, I tend to believe them, because of the timing, but I'm probably wrong. I lean more to thinking it might be Russia or even homegrown, but I have no logical reason for that thinking, either. It will be interesting to learn who it might be, though, since who they seem to be targeting in government offices doesn't make sense in either the vast amount of people involved, or the level chosen to spy upon. That in itself could be a red herring to cover the real intent, though. I also wondered if this could be tied in somehow with the Hillary hacker. Puzzling....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •