Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 92

Thread: Bush now more popular than Obama

  1. #61
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,589

    Re: Bush now more popular than Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    I disagree. Irregardless of opinion polling, the moment the seriously damaging obamacare mandates started hitting, Obama instantly became more unpopular then Bush ever was.
    As said previously, Obama's approval rating never hit the lows of Bush's post Katrina numbers.

    Also, there were no "seriously damaging Obamacare mandates" but I do concede that the anti-Obamacare media campaign was highly successful. The facts however, were that myths didn't meet the reality.

    https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/580016166212599808

    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  2. #62
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    05-22-17 @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,842
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Bush now more popular than Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    You're wrong, its an apples and oranges comparison. Bush's is a popularity poll while President Obama's is his job approval.
    Actually Pete, you are the one that is wrong. Here's the question and the results:

    We'd like to get your overall opinion of some people in the news. As I read each name, please say if you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of these people.

    Barack Obama Favorable 49% Unfavorable 49%
    George W Bush Favorable 52% Unfavorable 43%

  3. #63
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Bush now more popular than Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Actually Pete, you are the one that is wrong. Here's the question and the results:

    We'd like to get your overall opinion of some people in the news. As I read each name, please say if you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of these people.

    Barack Obama Favorable 49% Unfavorable 49%
    George W Bush Favorable 52% Unfavorable 43%
    True. However, the CNN article writes about President Obama's Job approval rating, not his popularity. And when you think about it, it would be almost impossible for people to distinuish between the two for a sitting president. A much better comparison would be comparing the two at the same point in their presidency. But you already know that.


  4. #64
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,356

    Re: Bush now more popular than Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Actually, you're wrong. The statement that GWB is more popular than BHO is objectively true. Now there's a good explanation why GWB is more popular, as you and others have pointed out, and it's fair to highlight that. But that doesn't make the comparison dishonest; it only makes it easy to explain and, really, not very important.
    If GW is so popular than we can expect that Jeb will be taking him along on his campaign appearances, right? Not in a million years. People like that Bush keeps is mouth shut and took up painting flowers. That is about it.

  5. #65
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    05-22-17 @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,842
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Bush now more popular than Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    True. However, the CNN article writes about President Obama's Job approval rating, not his popularity. And when you think about it, it would be almost impossible for people to distinuish between the two for a sitting president. A much better comparison would be comparing the two at the same point in their presidency. But you already know that.
    I agree... Like I said before, it is what it is.

  6. #66
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    40,611

    Re: Bush now more popular than Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    I agree... Like I said before, it is what it is.
    Yes, and what it is ain't much but a headline.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    37,108

    Re: Bush now more popular than Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Wrong. Bush's approval ratings sunk below 30 percent. Obama's have never approached 40, much less 30.
    I want to say something but I wont.
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  8. #68
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    40,611

    Re: Bush now more popular than Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I want to say something but I wont.
    Uh ... ok?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #69
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    40,611

    Re: Bush now more popular than Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    If GW is so popular than we can expect that Jeb will be taking him along on his campaign appearances, right? Not in a million years. People like that Bush keeps is mouth shut and took up painting flowers. That is about it.
    Yeah, I'm sure GWB will be right out there stumping lol

    To be fair, Bush did do some good things. His efforts to fight AIDS in Africa were better than any president before or since.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #70
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Reston, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,870
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bush now more popular than Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    If GW is so popular than we can expect that Jeb will be taking him along on his campaign appearances, right? Not in a million years. People like that Bush keeps is mouth shut and took up painting flowers. That is about it.
    I expect you'll see GWB more often than BHO on the campaign trail.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •