Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Missouri Reports Wide Racial Disparity in Traffic Stops

  1. #1
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,200

    Missouri Reports Wide Racial Disparity in Traffic Stops

    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/02/us...ri.html?ref=us

    The data also showed that although blacks were more likely to be stopped and searched than whites, they were less likely to be found with contraband than whites, the report said. Nearly 27 percent of whites who were searched possessed something illegal, compared with 21 percent of blacks.

    The figures represent the largest disparity in stops between black and white drivers since the state began keeping records in 2000, and came in the year that the killing of an unarmed black teenager by a white police officer in Ferguson, Mo., sparked a national conversation about race and policing.
    Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    The damage to the black community from all this will be devastating.
    Not only on public perception and reputation, but cops simply won't want to police these neighborhoods anymore.
    The shooter was later found to be white.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,621

    Re: Missouri Reports Wide Racial Disparity in Traffic Stops

    My first thought is that if your problem areas are heavily populated by blacks then that's where you're going to be focusing your enforcement.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    12-27-16 @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    14,748

    Re: Missouri Reports Wide Racial Disparity in Traffic Stops

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    To those of us who grew up in the Deep South, the racial profiling and over-policing of blacks is no surprise. Unfortunately, many (and IMO most) whites down there think that's the way it should be....
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  4. #4
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,334

    Re: Missouri Reports Wide Racial Disparity in Traffic Stops

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    " Blacks lives matter ".....well unless its another Black male who's responsible for taking them

    I mean lets not focus on the much larger issue of Black on Black violence and keep massaging this manufactured narrative thats led to every inner city in America being one ALLEGATION of Police misconduct away from a full on riot.

    Thats led to the a marked increase in deaths and violence and crime because Police departments have been neutered by Obama's DoJ and low lifes like Al Sharpton.

    Wow....only in Obama's America can this be a reality.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,334

    Re: Missouri Reports Wide Racial Disparity in Traffic Stops

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    To those of us who grew up in the Deep South, the racial profiling and over-policing of blacks is no surprise. Unfortunately, many (and IMO most) whites down there think that's the way it should be....
    Lol !!!

    Wow, its like you warp back to the1950s every time one of these threads turns up.

    If you or any person of color were " profiled " in the " Deep South " it was most likely by a Democrat

    Regardless, your incessant whining over supposed " Southern racist " isn't really addressing the REAL issue of Black on Black violence and inner citys turning into even more of a warzone than they already were

    Its like you PRETEND to be concerned with racial inequality when in fact, the repeated irresponsible race baiting than you're known is just making things worse.

  6. #6
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    48,711

    Re: Missouri Reports Wide Racial Disparity in Traffic Stops

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    My first thought is that if your problem areas are heavily populated by blacks then that's where you're going to be focusing your enforcement.
    Seems to me that white people are statistically more of a problem, according to this data.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  7. #7
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    12-27-16 @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    14,748

    Re: Missouri Reports Wide Racial Disparity in Traffic Stops

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Lol !!!

    Wow, its like you warp back to the1950s every time one of these threads turns up.

    If you or any person of color were " profiled " in the " Deep South " it was most likely by a Democrat

    Regardless, your incessant whining over supposed " Southern racist " isn't really addressing the REAL issue of Black on Black violence and inner citys turning into even more of a warzone than they already were

    Its like you PRETEND to be concerned with racial inequality when in fact, the repeated irresponsible race baiting than you're known is just making things worse.
    Why am I not surprised that it's you who posted this ignorant claptrap? But I'm not going to argue with you about it because I know that you will simply refuse to consider any information that doesn't fit into your right-wing-echo-chamber worldview. There are some people that it's just not worth the time and effort....
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    13,653
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Missouri Reports Wide Racial Disparity in Traffic Stops

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    " Blacks lives matter ".....well unless its another Black male who's responsible for taking them

    I mean lets not focus on the much larger issue of Black on Black violence and keep massaging this manufactured narrative thats led to every inner city in America being one ALLEGATION of Police misconduct away from a full on riot.

    Thats led to the a marked increase in deaths and violence and crime because Police departments have been neutered by Obama's DoJ and low lifes like Al Sharpton.

    Wow....only in Obama's America can this be a reality.
    I think it's fascinating that whenever one of these cons references "Black on Black" crime they always forget to mention that such crimes get investigated instead of glossed over. They certainly are selectively forgetful...
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,334

    Re: Missouri Reports Wide Racial Disparity in Traffic Stops

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Why am I not surprised that it's you who posted this ignorant claptrap? But I'm not going to argue with you about it because I know that you will simply refuse to consider any information that doesn't fit into your right-wing-echo-chamber worldview. There are some people that it's just not worth the time and effort....
    The clap trap is what you launch into evetime a thread like this pops up.

    No matter how guilty you feel or pretend to feel, its not going to help address the growing problem of Black on Black violence in inner city areas.

  10. #10
    A grand violation

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,746

    Re: Missouri Reports Wide Racial Disparity in Traffic Stops

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    My first thought is that if your problem areas are heavily populated by blacks then that's where you're going to be focusing your enforcement.
    From the article:

    The data also showed that although blacks were more likely to be stopped and searched than whites, they were less likely to be found with contraband than whites, the report said. Nearly 27 percent of whites who were searched possessed something illegal, compared with 21 percent of blacks.
    Perhaps the "problem area" is being misidentified?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •