Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 104

Thread: Iraq lost 2,300 Humvees in Mosul: PM

  1. #21
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,604

    Re: Iraq lost 2,300 Humvees in Mosul: PM

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Only if you are misstating the facts, or if your president was lying about that, too.

    In a December 14, 2011 speech at Fort Bragg, he said that "everything that American troops have done in Iraq had "led to this moment of success." And he claimed we were "leaving behind a sovereign, stable and self-reliant Iraq, with a representative government that was elected by its people" and were "building a new partnership between our nations." Your president called this "an extraordinary achievement, nearly nine years in the making.”

    Three and one-half years ago, then, and almost three years into his presidency, Iraq was sovereign, stable, and self-reliant, according to Mr. Obama. If it no longer is, this "extraordinary achievement" was squandered away entirely on Barack Obama's watch.
    Iraq has not been "stable, sovereign, and self reliant" since the US invasion. Before that, it may have been ruled by a bloody dictator, but he was our dictator and ally in the war with Iran, and, ruled by an iron fist though it was, it was stable, sovereign, and self reliant.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Iraq lost 2,300 Humvees in Mosul: PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Iraq has not been "stable, sovereign, and self reliant" since the US invasion. Before that, it may have been ruled by a bloody dictator, but he was our dictator and ally in the war with Iran, and, ruled by an iron fist though it was, it was stable, sovereign, and self reliant.
    I am shocked to see anyone suggest that Mr. Obama was lying in his December, 2011 speech.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Iraq lost 2,300 Humvees in Mosul: PM

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    I am shocked to see anyone suggest that Mr. Obama was lying in his December, 2011 speech.
    We were lied to in order to get into this war, why would it be a surprise that we'd be lied to in order to sustain and proliferate it? Forever War isn't typically built upon honest truth.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #24
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,604

    Re: Iraq lost 2,300 Humvees in Mosul: PM

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    I am shocked to see anyone suggest that Mr. Obama was lying in his December, 2011 speech.
    Mr. Obama is a politician. Lying is their stock in trade.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Iraq lost 2,300 Humvees in Mosul: PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    We were lied to in order to get into this war, why would it be a surprise that we'd be lied to in order to sustain and proliferate it? Forever War isn't typically built upon honest truth.
    You are making things up. President Pinocchio was speaking in December, 2014 to mark the end of the U.S. military effort in Iraq. Nothing whatever about his comments was meant to "sustain" or "proliferate" that effort.

    And the western world is in a war with Muslim jihadists, whether anyone likes it or not. It may go on for decades. There are millions of jihadists, they are inspired by the most orthodox texts in Islam, and they will never quit, no matter how much fools try to appease them. The only way to defeat them is to kill so many of them--and to make it look easy--that other Muslims will come to see them and their views as a losing proposition. Bin Laden was right about one thing--among them, people shun the "weak horse" and follow the strong one.

  6. #26
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,136

    Re: Iraq lost 2,300 Humvees in Mosul: PM

    what a ****ing waste.

    and not without precedent.

    United States support for Iraq during the Iran

  7. #27
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Iraq lost 2,300 Humvees in Mosul: PM

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    You are making things up. President Pinocchio was speaking in December, 2014 to mark the end of the U.S. military effort in Iraq. Nothing whatever about his comments was meant to "sustain" or "proliferate" that effort.
    Marked the end of [i]military[/b] operations in Iraq. It did not end all operations in Iraq nor did it end all military operations in the ME. We had to go expand and proliferate our forever war in other nations. We'll leave Iraq to fester and then excuse another military incursion into it. We're not done, Forever War doesn't simply end.

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    And the western world is in a war with Muslim jihadists, whether anyone likes it or not. It may go on for decades. There are millions of jihadists, they are inspired by the most orthodox texts in Islam, and they will never quit, no matter how much fools try to appease them. The only way to defeat them is to kill so many of them--and to make it look easy--that other Muslims will come to see them and their views as a losing proposition. Bin Laden was right about one thing--among them, people shun the "weak horse" and follow the strong one.
    Yes yes, we're at war with an idea and y'all have no idea how to fight it. That's quite clear. Meanwhile we expand our own government, we spend trillions of dollars and thousands of American lives, all for something that has no plan and as of this date has not once been handled well or intelligently. So what are we supposed to do? Grin and bear it? How about, y'all figure out a plan to succeed and until such time, we don't go making things worse?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #28
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Iraq lost 2,300 Humvees in Mosul: PM

    Thanks to the 2003 war we're now 12 years in for a 30 years war in the Middle East. At least 30 years.

    What a f'ing mess.
    "Big or small, I don't like rabbits. They always look like they're about to say something, but they never do."
    Raj Koothrappali

  9. #29
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,737

    Re: Iraq lost 2,300 Humvees in Mosul: PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    And what was done, can't be undone.
    Whatchootalkinbout WIllis?


  10. #30
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,311

    Re: Iraq lost 2,300 Humvees in Mosul: PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    what a ****ing waste.

    and not without precedent.

    United States support for Iraq during the Iran
    Waste. Whatcha' mean, waste. Corporate America has thrived upon Iraq. GE, Haliburton, Raytheon, BAC, Z(Academi), Exxon/Mobil, Chevron, Boeing, GM, and hundreds of other Corporations have profitted handsomely. You miss the point that War is Good Business and any good marketing strategy will have these same Corporations beating the bushes to find, create, stimulate, and renew wars in the far corners of the World. Get a grip, my good man, your Country needs you to support these profits at every turn or the K Street coffers may cause Billionaire Congressmen to become Millionaires, don't ya' know? Even a paltry war eats a billion dollars and uses millions of barrels of petro product. Proifits! "War is good business and business is good." Get behind your weapons dealer, raise the flag, salute, kiss a few of your kiddies goodbye. Those profits are important, eh?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •