Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 104

Thread: Iraq lost 2,300 Humvees in Mosul: PM

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Iraq lost 2,300 Humvees in Mosul: PM

    Terror flourishes under Obama.

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,470

    Re: Iraq lost 2,300 Humvees in Mosul: PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Wrong. As usual. We were still fully invested in 2006. In fact we were about to double down.
    Even in 2012, President Pinprick and the Delaware Dunce were both crowing about what a successful result had been achieved in Iraq, and were even trying to take credit for it. But Pinprick let victory slip away by his gross incompetence, and he let it slip away quickly. Hundreds of Americans died to secure Ramadi, for example, and as of now, they seem to have died in vain. After all these months of Pinprick's war against the JV team, as he called ISIS, he could not even manage to keep that city from falling to a few thousand jihadist mutts.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iraq lost 2,300 Humvees in Mosul: PM

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Terror flourishes under Obama.
    After it was first given life by Bush!!!

    July, 2007

    The invasion of Iraq breathed new life into the (Al Qaeda) organization. On an operational level, the United States diverted troops to Iraq rather than consolidate its victory in Afghanistan and increase its chances of hunting down Bin Ladin. Today, Al Qa’ida is reconstituting itself in the tribal areas of Pakistan. Politically, Iraq vindicated bin Ladin’s argument that the primary enemy of the Muslim world was not the local Muslim autocrats, but the "faraway enemy," the United States. Today, Al Qa'ida is again on the march.[2]

    It was not supposed to be this way. Toppling Saddam Hussein's regime was meant to usher in an era of prosperity for Iraq and put Osama bin Ladin and his followers on the run. Instead, the tables have turned. Today, Iraq is torn by crime, plagued by a vicious insurgency, and devoid of competent government and basic services. Strife in Iraq continues without end in sight, while the human and financial costs to the United States and its allies mount. With each car bomb and kidnapping, critics urging the withdrawal of troops grow more and more vociferous.

    Every additional day that the United States remains in Iraq is a boon for Al Qa’ida and the broader jihadist movement.



    Iraq and the Global War on Terrorism | Brookings Institution
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #14
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iraq lost 2,300 Humvees in Mosul: PM

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Even in 2012, President Pinprick and the Delaware Dunce were both crowing about what a successful result had been achieved in Iraq, and were even trying to take credit for it. But Pinprick let victory slip away by his gross incompetence, and he let it slip away quickly. Hundreds of Americans died to secure Ramadi, for example, and as of now, they seem to have died in vain. After all these months of Pinprick's war against the JV team, as he called ISIS, he could not even manage to keep that city from falling to a few thousand jihadist mutts.
    Victory sailed before the US ever entered Iraq.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Iraq lost 2,300 Humvees in Mosul: PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    After it was first given life by Bush!!!

    July, 2007

    The invasion of Iraq breathed new life into the (Al Qaeda) organization. On an operational level, the United States diverted troops to Iraq rather than consolidate its victory in Afghanistan and increase its chances of hunting down Bin Ladin. Today, Al Qa’ida is reconstituting itself in the tribal areas of Pakistan. Politically, Iraq vindicated bin Ladin’s argument that the primary enemy of the Muslim world was not the local Muslim autocrats, but the "faraway enemy," the United States. Today, Al Qa'ida is again on the march.[2]

    It was not supposed to be this way. Toppling Saddam Hussein's regime was meant to usher in an era of prosperity for Iraq and put Osama bin Ladin and his followers on the run. Instead, the tables have turned. Today, Iraq is torn by crime, plagued by a vicious insurgency, and devoid of competent government and basic services. Strife in Iraq continues without end in sight, while the human and financial costs to the United States and its allies mount. With each car bomb and kidnapping, critics urging the withdrawal of troops grow more and more vociferous.

    Every additional day that the United States remains in Iraq is a boon for Al Qa’ida and the broader jihadist movement.



    Iraq and the Global War on Terrorism | Brookings Institution
    Your tales aren't consistent with reality. I was an adult on 9/11, were you?

    Bush wasn't responsible for the world on 9/11. Obama wasn't responsible 8 months after he was potus.

    Stop it-everyone knows.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Iraq lost 2,300 Humvees in Mosul: PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Victory sailed before the US ever entered Iraq.
    Who could see the "what ifs",
    I say.

    Can you see the "what if's"?

    If so, how?

  7. #17
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iraq lost 2,300 Humvees in Mosul: PM

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Your tales aren't consistent with reality. I was an adult on 9/11, were you?

    Bush wasn't responsible for the world on 9/11. Obama wasn't responsible 8 months after he was potus.

    Stop it-everyone knows.
    Actually, there's only about three people left standing on your side.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #18
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iraq lost 2,300 Humvees in Mosul: PM

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Who could see the "what ifs",
    I say.

    Can you see the "what if's"?

    If so, how?
    Let's see now, Brookings Institute vs. USC.

    Brookings is one of the oldest and most prominent research organizations!!!

    Jobs and Internships | Brookings Institution
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Iraq lost 2,300 Humvees in Mosul: PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Actually, there's only about three people left standing on your side.
    Substantiate your claims, here and now.

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,470

    Re: Iraq lost 2,300 Humvees in Mosul: PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Victory sailed before the US ever entered Iraq.
    Only if you are misstating the facts, or if your president was lying about that, too.

    In a December 14, 2011 speech at Fort Bragg, he said that "everything that American troops have done in Iraq had "led to this moment of success." And he claimed we were "leaving behind a sovereign, stable and self-reliant Iraq, with a representative government that was elected by its people" and were "building a new partnership between our nations." Your president called this "an extraordinary achievement, nearly nine years in the making.

    Three and one-half years ago, then, and almost three years into his presidency, Iraq was sovereign, stable, and self-reliant, according to Mr. Obama. If it no longer is, this "extraordinary achievement" was squandered away entirely on Barack Obama's watch.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •