Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 305

Thread: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

  1. #61
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 05:34 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    12,916

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    An alarming and growing percentage of our population are wired for violence and are useless in general.

    I find this number surprisingly low and indicative of great restraint by the police.

  2. #62
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,101

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    If it was a private industry, the police, it would be out of business for that exact incident
    Oh bull****, private industry gets away with **** all the time.

    Do you people think all of your "blame the cops first" rhetoric is helping the situation?

  3. #63
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    Citizen's Arrest - FindLaw

    Give me one reason besides training that would qualify my judgement less of a standard of a police officer, please give me one reason why if I shoot a person for running away during a citizens arrest it's considered murder, and if a police officer does it it's considered a relative misconception, or excusable.

    Now when you say "police officers have undergone training" let's look at the second part of my argument, your utterly disgrace to human existence, actually thinking it's excusable for a young man to beat an old lady.

    1. The old lady was not under arrest, so she was free to disobey the police officers instructions
    2. The old lady violated no restraint order, which means the officer had no reason to tell her to leave
    3. The old lady imposed absolutely no threat to the general welfare or surrounding community, meaning the police office used force for no reason
    4. Even if the lady video taped her, it doesn't negate the fact that a police officer PEPPER SPRAYED A 78 YEAR OLD WOMEN AND SLAMMED HER TO GROUND AND PULLED HER OUT OF THE CAR CAUSING INJURIES BECAUSE HE LADY REFUSED TO LEAVE THE CAR WHEN SHE WAS NOT UNDER ARREST

    Prove she was almost beaten to death, she's a 78 year old lady's thrown on the grown and pepper sprayed while being yelled at by a young man, are you kidding me?

    Now with all this happening, and remember this is just one incident I can show you multiple videos of police officers assaulting the very elderly because they didn't recognize what the request was, do you honestly think training makes that much of a difference, in retrospect, where was the training on this incident and how does it prove that police officers are more equipped to make better judgements on how to handle a situation then I am or yourself.
    Training and authority. You don't have it.

    You don't get to decide what force can or cannot be used against someone in an arrest or even just detainment.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 03:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Training and authority. You don't have it.

    You don't get to decide what force can or cannot be used against someone in an arrest or even just detainment.
    What gives the police officer that ability when they've shown time and time again how capable they are at ignoring the training and how abusive of authority they have... Basically you did not answer my question.

    How is it more effective then as citizen who has no incentive to abuse authority since the citizen has no inherently larger amount of authority then anyone else.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 03:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Oh bull****, private industry gets away with **** all the time.

    Do you people think all of your "blame the cops first" rhetoric is helping the situation?
    Let's say a security company tells someone to empty their pockets and then kills them as they do it, how long would the security company last?

    Yes because it's showing the light on how abusive and inadequate government tends to be

  6. #66
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,713
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    Let's say a security company tells someone to empty their pockets and then kills them as they do it, how long would the security company last?

    Yes because it's showing the light on how abusive and inadequate government tends to be
    Conservatives love government when it comes to a police state. They just can't get enough.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  7. #67
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,627

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I am not blaming anyone. I am quite sure the cops kill some people that are innocent once in a while.

    But the odds of that happening to you if you do not break the law are probably minuscule.

    Just the general odds - 1,000 out of 300+million is 300,000 to 1 against being killed by the police...I'd say those are pretty good odds. Don't break the law and those odds probably skyrocket to millions to one.

    How on Earth you can be scared to death about being killed by a cop (assuming you are law abiding) when the odds are millions to one against it happening is beyond me.

    Since you are all about the odds, the odds of being killed by a cop are still much, much greater than being killed by a terrorist.

    So, if you are saying we are over-stating the problem of cops killing citizens are you not also saying, by extension of logic, that we are WAY overstating the problems with terrorism?

  8. #68
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,500

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by MathewSmith View Post
    WASHINGTON, May 30 (Reuters) - U.S. police have shot and killed 385 people during the first five months of this year, a rate of more than two a day, the Washington Post reported on Saturday.
    The victims ranged in age from 16 to 83. More than 80 percent were armed with potentially lethal objects, mostly guns. Ninety-two victims were identified as mentally ill.
    The Post's analysis also indicates the daily death toll for 2015 is close to 2.6 as of Friday. At that pace, police will have shot and killed nearly 1,000 people by the end of the year, the paper said.

    U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months: REPORT

    I'm scared as hell. How did it get this bad? When have they turned into bad characters? And why?! Do the police ever evaluate whether any of those killings are avoidable? or preventable? And what can we do to change the situation? Because the situation is really horrible!
    I got a pretty good idea. About the same time that schoolyard fistfights turned into neighborhood drive-by shootings. The cops are getting higher kill stats because the criminal dregs in society are getting deadlier. The cops have to deal with the crackhead, boozed infused, immoral, mentally deranged scum of humanity on a daily basis. WE call them to. If you want the police kill stats to drop, next time some asshole is brandishing a weapon in some convenience store you frequent, CALL A PLUMBER!

    Do the math people. Society has changed. A measurable percentage of our youth idolizes the "gangsta" image.

    There is no parental direction. Hell, the parents are worse.

    The music on their radio tells them to beat bitches and **** police.

    Their chest thumping, bad-ass wannabe, lyrics leads the way. Yo!

    They can pick up a "chopper," on almost any street corner faster than I can buy a gallon of milk. (Don't expect any help from the nutter crowd on that.)

    Society is different. I would expect the police kill stats to trend the same.

    And I don't expect we'll see any change until the people stop blaming the solution and quit making excuses for the problem.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  9. #69
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    So the constant harassment you have experienced as a poor black person is the basis of your conclusion?
    No, I'm neither poor nor black. But apparently I'm uncommonly capable of understanding that my experiences aren't universal. That I have not suffered this harassment does not mean that others don't. That's something that you and many others seem not to understand.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 03:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Conservatives love government when it comes to a police state. They just can't get enough.
    They can't get enough of quoting mises while they promote more government too

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •