Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 305

Thread: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 03:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Yeah, but US soldiers killed more Afghanis and Iraqis that 100 years of police shootings. Not that that means anything either.
    Doesn't mean anything....????

  2. #22
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    Yea say that to the victims who were shot because they were running away from the cops, or the 80 year old granny that almost died because she was giving her grandchild baked goods
    Few people have been shot running from cops relatively speaking. And Tennessee v Garner sets a precedent that this cannot be done without showing that the person is a believable threat. This is why that cop in the taser incident will almost certainly be prosecuted for murdering that suspect.

    Do you get all your information from bias internet bloggers?

    Woman sues Clovis Unified over confrontation with school district police officer | Fresno Bee Fresno Bee

    Most people know that you cannot enter most schools nowdays especially if you are not on the approved list, and you at least have to sign in. I don't care whose grandmother you are. And if you attempt to do so, the cop, if they have one, will stop you. In this case, she was told not to return to the school, according to the mother of the children, yet did and refused to comply when she was being arrested. 78 years old or not, you should not resist arrest.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #23
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    07-29-17 @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,397

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Yeah, but US soldiers killed more Afghanis and Iraqis that 100 years of police shootings. Not that that means anything either.
    Do you know the difference between killing an armed enemy and killing an unarmed fellow citizen?

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 03:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Few people have been shot running from cops relatively speaking. And Tennessee v Garner sets a precedent that this cannot be done without showing that the person is a believable threat. This is why that cop in the taser incident will almost certainly be prosecuted for murdering that suspect.

    Do you get all your information from bias internet bloggers?

    Woman sues Clovis Unified over confrontation with school district police officer | Fresno Bee Fresno Bee

    Most people know that you cannot enter most schools nowdays especially if you are not on the approved list, and you at least have to sign in. I don't care whose grandmother you are. And if you attempt to do so, the cop, if they have one, will stop you. In this case, she was told not to return to the school, according to the mother of the children, yet did and refused to comply when she was being arrested. 78 years old or not, you should not resist arrest.
    Relative to what, in comparison to what? Imagine I decide I'm going to place you under citizens arrest for some law, you run away and I shoot you, that's only a small amount a year so it's ok. Just live with it, don't reform it "Very few relatively speaking" I find that a disgraceful argument, do you hold any value over humans life. Well considering your second part of your response is actually EXCUSING A YOUNG MALE POLICE OFFICER TO BEAT A 78 YEAR OLD WOMEN ALMOST TO DEATH BECAUSE SHE BROUGHT HER GRANDCHILDREN COOKIES shows me you really have no value for human life whatsoever.


    http://thefreethoughtproject.com/78-...grandchildren/

    Seriously, look at her video, read what she said, and tell me do you honostly believe the cops story or the ladies?

    P.s. She was never arrested
    Last edited by Libertie76; 05-31-15 at 09:43 AM.

  5. #25
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    Relative to what, in comparison to what? Imagine I decide I'm going to place you under citizens arrest for some law, you run away and I shoot you, that's only a small amount a year so it's ok. Just live with it, don't reform it "Very few relatively speaking" I find that a disgraceful argument, do you hold any value over humans life. Well considering your second part of your response is actually EXCUSING A YOUNG MALE POLICE OFFICER TO BEAT A 78 YEAR OLD WOMEN ALMOST TO DEATH BECAUSE SHE BROUGHT HER GRANDCHILDREN COOKIES shows me you really have no value for human life whatsoever.
    You don't have any authority to put me under arrest. No court would recognize your authority to do so, and especially not to use deadly force. You would be found guilty of murder. How do you reform a situation where someone takes on authority, as you would be trying by attempting a stupid citizen's arrest (can't be made where I live). I don't care how "disgraceful" you find the argument.

    Prove that she was "beat almost to death". Her ex-daughter in law claims that isn't what happened at all. And videotaped the incident.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,127

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    You don't have any authority to put me under arrest. No court would recognize your authority to do so, ....
    Not so. Citizen arrest is a common law idea and is recognized in the United States and some states have gone as far as codifying the practice in their statutes.

    A shopkeeper detaining a shoplifter has in essence effected a citizens arrest.

    What citizens don't get that police do is qualified immunity. If the cop improperly detains you nothing will likely happen to him. If a citizen improperly detains someone he may face arrest himself.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 03:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    You don't have any authority to put me under arrest. No court would recognize your authority to do so, and especially not to use deadly force. You would be found guilty of murder. How do you reform a situation where someone takes on authority, as you would be trying by attempting a stupid citizen's arrest (can't be made where I live). I don't care how "disgraceful" you find the argument.

    Prove that she was "beat almost to death". Her ex-daughter in law claims that isn't what happened at all. And videotaped the incident.
    Citizen's Arrest - FindLaw

    Give me one reason besides training that would qualify my judgement less of a standard of a police officer, please give me one reason why if I shoot a person for running away during a citizens arrest it's considered murder, and if a police officer does it it's considered a relative misconception, or excusable.

    Now when you say "police officers have undergone training" let's look at the second part of my argument, your utterly disgrace to human existence, actually thinking it's excusable for a young man to beat an old lady.

    1. The old lady was not under arrest, so she was free to disobey the police officers instructions
    2. The old lady violated no restraint order, which means the officer had no reason to tell her to leave
    3. The old lady imposed absolutely no threat to the general welfare or surrounding community, meaning the police office used force for no reason
    4. Even if the lady video taped her, it doesn't negate the fact that a police officer PEPPER SPRAYED A 78 YEAR OLD WOMEN AND SLAMMED HER TO GROUND AND PULLED HER OUT OF THE CAR CAUSING INJURIES BECAUSE HE LADY REFUSED TO LEAVE THE CAR WHEN SHE WAS NOT UNDER ARREST

    Prove she was almost beaten to death, she's a 78 year old lady's thrown on the grown and pepper sprayed while being yelled at by a young man, are you kidding me?

    Now with all this happening, and remember this is just one incident I can show you multiple videos of police officers assaulting the very elderly because they didn't recognize what the request was, do you honestly think training makes that much of a difference, in retrospect, where was the training on this incident and how does it prove that police officers are more equipped to make better judgements on how to handle a situation then I am or yourself.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 03:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    Not so. Citizen arrest is a common law idea and is recognized in the United States and some states have gone as far as codifying the practice in their statutes.

    A shopkeeper detaining a shoplifter has in essence effected a citizens arrest.

    What citizens don't get that police do is qualified immunity. If the cop improperly detains you nothing will likely happen to him. If a citizen improperly detains someone he may face arrest himself.
    Basically it's excusable if a pissed off cop beats a 78 year old lady

  9. #29
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    40,677

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Meanwhile, there were 2363 gang related homicides in 2012.

    Moreover:

    In a typical year in the so-called “gang capitals” of Chicago and Los Angeles, around half of all homicides are gang-related; these two cities alone accounted for approximately one in four gang homicides recorded in the NYGS from 2011 to 2012.
    But, that was three years ago. I couldn't find stats more recent.

    Does anyone believe that gang murders have gone down since then? Anyone... anyone?
    “A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” George Orwell


  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 03:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Meanwhile, there were 2363 gang related homicides in 2012.

    Moreover:



    But, that was three years ago. I couldn't find stats more recent.

    Does anyone believe that gang murders have gone down since then? Anyone... anyone?
    This is why we need to legalize drugs...

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •